Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Pub That....

Options
  • 08-09-2020 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

...You’d be grand going into on your own.

Not from a safety aspect but when the restrictions are eased in 2 weeks i wouldn’t like to walk into a smallish bar and take up a table with 4 seats when i’m on my own.

Would just like a couple suggestions where they wouldn’t mind this.

D1 / D2 area

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,093 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Duke.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's the craic...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

...with the clickbait title?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

That's probably a hard one to answer as we haven't yet seen how the new norm in pubs pans out. If pubs are having to reduce the number of tables to ensure social distancing, will they want to give a table that seats 4 to just one person and miss getting the custom of 4? When the pub is quiet, not a problem but when busy, who knows? All pubs that were previously packed on any night of the week seem quiet with the new distancing guidelines despite every table allotted. I've been to Stags Head and Nealons a few times recently and both have a few tables for two and bar seating(with perspex dividing the bar) that would accommodate solo drinkers I'd say so maybe try those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Bowes or Mulligans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Keoghs on St Anne's st D.2

Advertisement