Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Three(48) deal €8 per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gera88

if i go over 100gb is there addons i can buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would that work on a phone locked to 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Would that work on a phone locked to 3?

No

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sounds like a great offer. I'm on the gomo network @9.99 per month, but three has better coverage in my area. I've ordered a sim, will give it a test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Same for me, ordered a SIM to see how it behaves where I live as no downside that I can see. Did have to try a few browsers to get round the strange "you're not in Ireland' message that lots of people are having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Currently with GoMo so the extra 20GB is good. Plus membership is available auto renewal as I worried about the renewal aspect of it. Ordered the SIM and will give it a go first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭micks_address

kn wrote: »
    Currently with GoMo so the extra 20GB is good. Plus membership is available auto renewal as I worried about the renewal aspect of it. Ordered the SIM and will give it a go first.

Everyone on gomo in the house for 40 euro a month..three have better coverage where I am..will it auto renew each month?

Can you order more than one sim per account? Or do you need four emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Everyone on gomo in the house for 40 euro a month..three have better coverage where I am..will it auto renew each month?

Can you order more than one sim per account? Or do you need four emails?

I'm not certain but I think if you take out membership it auto renews. I think you need separate emails.

I'm awaiting a SIM myself so I'll no more in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

same as above, going to try out the sim which is very handy of them. I moved from three/o2/tesco 5 years ago as their coverage was cat but time to see how thigns are now. Eir coverage has become poor lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

TheDriver wrote: »
    same as above, going to try out the sim which is very handy of them. I moved from three/o2/tesco 5 years ago as their coverage was cat but time to see how thigns are now. Eir coverage has become poor lately.

Anothrr advantage over GOMO is that they don't charge for the SIM. So far it looks a great deal .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭micks_address

On gomo you can have four sims on same account..I actually have two accounts as at the start you could only have two sims per account.. I'll see if I can order more sims off 48 I've one in the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What are speeds like lads?

My gomo speeds have increased incredibly since the start of the week.
    Especially indoors where I now have 4g+ constantly.
    Call me a cynic but I feel like speeds have increased to stop people flocking to the 48 deal.
    My worry is, will gomo speeds reduce again when 48 deal ends.
    As I said call me a cynic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

blade1 wrote: »
    What are speeds like lads?

My gomo speeds have increased incredibly since the start of the week.
    Especially indoors where I now have 4g+ constantly.
    Call me a cynic but I feel like speeds have increased to stop people flocking to the 48 deal.
    My worry is, will gomo speeds reduce again when 48 deal ends.
    As I said call me a cynic.

Speeds are the exact same as what you would have if you were on 3. Mine have been very good in the few places that I've tried a speed test.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

I assume you can port a number on to 48 with you?

I assume you can port a number on to 48 with you?

Yes, you can order a sim (use a referral link to get a free month) which will come with an 089 number and 1gb of data to test out. Then if you are happy with the speeds you just move your number over then to that sim. Porting took about 15 minutes from the time I requested it to the time the signal died on my old sim.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057998585

DopeTech wrote: »
    Speeds are the exact same as what you would have if you were on 3. Mine have been very good in the few places that I've tried a speed test.

I haven't been on Three.

My gomo speed yesterday.
    That's outside but I'm getting 25 to 30 indoor all week.
    Huge improvement so something has definitely changed.
    I'm. few miles outside Youghal

Screenshot-20200912-162037.jpg

I haven't been on Three.

Only way to know for sure what signal will be like in your area is to get a sim and test it out. All networks have the odd black spot especially indoors.

Only way to know for sure what signal will be like in your area is to get a sim and test it out. All networks have the odd black spot especially indoors.

Yeah iv ordered one but gomo have made it a tough decision to move.
    I have 4g+ allover the house for the first time ever.
    Can use my phone as a hotspot for streaming on the TV and I don't have to put my phone near a window for a better signal.
    I can't believe it, it's absolutely flying.
    It was very hit and miss before this week.
    I'll post up the speeds when I get the SIM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

100GB, all-calls-and-texts deal at €7.99 per month from Three’s subsidiary brand, 48.

The only catch is that the signup period is limited from September to November 10th. Anyone who signs up during that time will, Three claims, have access to the €7.99 tariff for as long as they like. But if they leave or stop paying, they’ll only be allowed back at 48’s existing low-data, low minutes tariffs, at either €10 or €15 per month.

https://amp.independent.ie/business/mobile-price-war-as-three-takes-on-gomo-with-new-8-100gb-monthly-deal-39513395.html?__twitter_impression=true

Here's the thing re 48, I've long been a 3 customer, both broadband and phone, tried a 48 sim a few months back and despite it being a virtual network on 3"s systems, I could have got better speeds with a carrier pigeon and worst of all, zero phone call reception. I have knowledge on APN"s etc, no expert but even allowing for priority of 3 customers on its network, 48 coverage was worse than shocking.

I've since moved to go mo, got the €9.99 offer, I'll admit data spoeds just OK, but not concerned as I have to 3 broadband at home and phone coverage excellent. I'll admit I live very rural but I'd caution everyone if possible to check thourghly 48 coverage before committing your number, get a 48 prepay sim and test and also make sure your phone unlocked or sim free, 48 settings very specific as are 3"s.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

Apparently 48 doesn't have any roaming agreement in Asia region, so if you go to any countries in Asia region, your phone will not get any reception/signal. It's expensive to use roaming for sure but not being able to receive call might be a problem.

jmrFXqJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭KildareP

Lots of reports here and on their own forum of people having trouble roaming in the EU as well.

I'm sorry I ever moved off the GoMo €9.99 plan onto 48.

Three times this week I've had to reboot my phone because the data connection dropped and wouldn't work again.

I'm still waiting over a week for them to get the €7.99/100GB plan onto my account.

The speeds are all over the place, 100Mb at 6PM, <5Mb by 7PM and for the rest of the evening, lots of timeouts when loading pages or within apps.

GoMo's speeds can be poor but at least they're fairly consistent and most importantly usable, just a little slower than I'd wish they were. 100Mb+ is no good if it grinds to absolutely nothing within an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Here's the thing re 48, I've long been a 3 customer, both broadband and phone, tried a 48 sim a few months back and despite it being a virtual network on 3"s systems, I could have got better speeds with a carrier pigeon and worst of all, zero phone call reception. I have knowledge on APN"s etc, no expert but even allowing for priority of 3 customers on its network, 48 coverage was worse than shocking.

I've since moved to go mo, got the €9.99 offer, I'll admit data spoeds just OK, but not concerned as I have to 3 broadband at home and phone coverage excellent. I'll admit I live very rural but I'd caution everyone if possible to check thourghly 48 coverage before committing your number, get a 48 prepay sim and test and also make sure your phone unlocked or sim free, 48 settings very specific as are 3"s.

How did you pull that off with gomo being €12.99 for new sign-ups?

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Here's the thing re 48, I've long been a 3 customer, both broadband and phone, tried a 48 sim a few months back.

I've since moved to go mo, got the €9.99 offer,

By a few months back do you mean last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got the SIM, activated it, initially it was H then 4G but I did a speed test on both and it was better on H than 4G and the 4G speed was really poor. I'll give it another go tomorrow but it doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

kn wrote: »
    Got the SIM, activated it, initially it was H then 4G but I did a speed test on both and it was better on H than 4G and the 4G speed was really poor. I'll give it another go tomorrow but it doesn't look great.

Change apn settings, if apn is tesco.liffeytelecom.com, it should be 48months.liffeytelecom.com, I had this issue and their chat advises doing this ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Any one using this in the tipperary\waterford region?

Got my sim,activated it.
    Have phone signal but no internet signal.
    Tried to go into APN but it says apn settings not available to this user.
    Anyone know how to get around this?

Got my son,activated it.
    Have phone signal but no internet signal.
    Tried to go into APN but it says apn settings not available to this user.
    Anyone know how to get around this?

In the apn menu click the 3 dots in the top right and reset default.

In the apn menu click the 3 dots in the top right and reset default.

Thanks,I've done that but no change.
    Looks like I must enter APN settings manually.
    Are these available off 48?

• Advertisement

Thanks,I've done that but no change.
    Looks like I must enter APN settings manually.
    Are these available off 48?

http://48months.tweakker.com/choose

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Advertisement