Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Three(48) deal €8 per month

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Git a text from Three. Not sure if this applies to 48 also but it's unlikely.

Text from Three
    From Three. 5G from Three is here with quicker download speeds! Plus we have more 5G sites than any other Irish network. 5G for all means 5G for all - just grab a booster on our new prepay plans and go. Explore 5G for you 3.ie/5G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I keep swaying over and back on whether to switch.
    Another few speed tests for in areas wher I know my gomo is slow and 48 was flying so now I think I will switch even if 48 can be erratic.

I have another gomo SIM in a dongle at home so maybe it's a good thing to have both incase one is on the blink anytime.

So my gomo month ends tomorrow.
    I'll buy a 48 membership then and port over my old number.
    Is this straight forward or have people had issues keeping their old number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭KildareP

blade1 wrote: »
    I keep swaying over and back on whether to switch.
    Another few speed tests for in areas wher I know my gomo is slow and 48 was flying so now I think I will switch even if 48 can be erratic.

I have another gomo SIM in a single at home so maybe it's a good thing to have both incase one is on the blink anytime.

So my gomo month ends tomorrow.
    I'll buy a 48 membership then and port over my old number.
    Is this straight forward or have people had issues keeping their old number?
    Was it flying in the areas around the times you intend to use it?

I could easily get 100Mb+ until about 6PM at home.
    Between 6PM and 7PM that would fall right down to no more than 5Mb and frequently it was much, much less and would remain like that until after midnight.

Frankly, if you're on the €9.99 GoMo deal I'd be inclined to stay there - I've ended up moving back and now having to pay €12.99.

KildareP wrote: »
    Was it flying in the areas around the times you intend to use it?

I could easily get 100Mb+ until about 6PM at home.
    Between 6PM and 7PM that would fall right down to no more than 5Mb and frequently it was much, much less and would remain like that until after midnight.

Frankly, if you're on the €9.99 GoMo deal I'd be inclined to stay there - I've ended up moving back and now having to pay €12.99.
    Yeah it was up around 40mb in a few areas that I work in and I sometimes need internet an phone signal.

My gomo only gets h in these areas and even making a call is hit and miss.
    At least I'd still have my gomo SIM at home so wouldn't be a total lost cause if the 48 speed on my phone was bad at night.

Anyone having problems with the 48 app?

All it does is repeatedly twirl around when trying to login.

Anyone having problems with the 48 app?

All it does is repeatedly twirl around when trying to login.

Use your browser to login and save desktop icon to your home screen.
    App is horrendous.

Here https://48.ie/

blade1 wrote: »
    Use your browser to login and save desktop icon to your home screen.
    App is horrendous.

Yes that's what I resorted to.

Advertisement