Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryzen 9 Build...JARVIS 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Seems like all high end parts. Why did you cheap out on the SSD?

Granted it's probably not gonna make any difference but it just seems out of place with the rest of the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

agreed, why not a 4.0 m2?

I have an high end ssd already that I am porting over.

Thats just extra bit of space for video editing and pictures etc.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I bought the WD Blue when prices for SSDs were much higher,no complaints after about 18 months.

PC is solely used for gaming though

• Advertisement

Its a fine piece of kit....Id have it over a spindle and normal sata ssd anyday of the week. If I did not have another high end drive I still would have bought it, nothing wrong with it at all.

Yes, there are top of the range 1TB/2TB PCIe 4.0 m.2 drives but they are very very pricey.

Update:

Well build did not go with hiccpus (one major) but we are up and running and overall I am very pleased with the end result. I wish it was totally finished as I will have to do some changes in the near future with the addition of a new GPU and monitor and also possibly a case.

I mistakenly thought that my 360 AIO would fit in the top of the case and it wont (my bad) I watch so many installs on different cases that I liked and different AIOs I got brain fog when I ordered it. No big deal so I installed it on the front of the case with the pipes in the downward orientation and it was fine. Then I tried to install the GPU and no dice.....the pipes would not stretch across the mobo enough for this.

So I had no choice to mount it with the pipes to the top of the rad, I know its a major no no but not alot I can do. I am going to get a new case and start all over again (or do you think this is over kill, as temps are really good as is?)

Then my windows 10 wont activate now as I switched hardware, no idea what the crack there is....if this is a money making tactic from microsoft then no wonder people are buying fake keys and using windows illegally. I am waiting for tech support to get back to me.

Lastly, I cannot get my RAM to run 1:1 in the bios...Now I am no expert in there either, I am not build a PC in a while but I have the overall jist of it. Im not trying to overclock nothing. I wantr stock speeds and let the PC bed in and do its thing.

I am choosing the DOHP or XMP equivalent in the Asus bios and it just hangs when I reboot. Also the default values Asus are putting on the volts seem very high, the CPU volts are 1.43v standard and the ram is 1.4v. If I manually enter the speed of the ram it runs at the rated 3600mhz but in CPUz it says the ram is 3:54!!!!

Any ideas would be great lads....cheers ;)

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/5hpkyFYm.jpg[/img]"]5hpkyFYm.jpg[/URL]

Few pics but not finished with the cable management or final resting place on my desk.

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/tI0h2w6l.jpg[/img]"]tI0h2w6l.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/WBE5ksOl.jpg[/img]"]
    WBE5ksOl.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/iNDGPRal.jpg[/img]"]iNDGPRal.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/SP8Qi2dl.jpg[/img]"]SP8Qi2dl.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Nice build!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Update:

Lastly, I cannot get my RAM to run 1:1 in the bios...Now I am no expert in there either, I am not build a PC in a while but I have the overall jist of it. Im not trying to overclock nothing. I want stock speeds and let the PC bed in and do its thing.

I had serious issues trying to get XMP working with my RAM kit and 3900X, it would reboot a few times and then run at a slower speed.

I ended up testing the RAM in a friends rig and it ran fine at XMP. I took his RAM and it worked fine (same speed and timings) so we just kept each others RAM. I would look up the compatible RAM list with your motherboard and make sure the RAM you purchased is on it (mine supposedly was, still didn't work properly).

Just need to change the infinity fabric clock to 1800, no?

• Advertisement

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I had serious issues trying to get XMP working with my RAM kit and 3900X, it would reboot a few times and then run at a slower speed.

I ended up testing the RAM in a friends rig and it ran fine at XMP. I took his RAM and it worked fine (same speed and timings) so we just kept each others RAM. I would look up the compatible RAM list with your motherboard and make sure the RAM you purchased is on it (mine supposedly was, still didn't work properly).

The main reason why I bought this ram is that it was actually RYZEN certified. All the reviews had very high praise indeed for it, I think there is still a little work left bios wise for the 3900 series CPUs.

I have it working now at XMP profiles but it was a little niggly at first.

The only thing I need to do now is set a decent fan curve as I cant stand the AIO fans pulsing according to the cpu boosting a slowing down.

Really cant wait to get a high end GPU and Monitor for some serious gaming and editing.

Just need to change the infinity fabric clock to 1800, no?

Not sure Samuel, its been a while since I built a PC and I am so outta touch with the whole AMD architecture tbh. I was all over the setting for the core duos when they launched. Had my 3.4ghz 15-2500k at a rock solid 4.5ghz for its entire life 24/7.

Its now redundant in a perfect PC beside me :(

Look for FCLK in the BIOS. Set it to 1800, that should give you a 1:1 with 3600 memory.

Mine is under Ai Tweaker.

Edit: Hmm mine is showing 3:54 also. You need to take a look at your timings you're on CAS 26.

Edit2: Looks like theat FSB:DRAM is not FCLK to DRAM... so revert to setting it as above and don't worry about it :pac: Do worry about your timings though.

Did you buy a different case? One's black and the other is white?

Also, is the RAM you have on the QVL list of the Motherboard?

Did you buy a different case? One's black and the other is white?

Also, is the RAM you have on the QVL list of the Motherboard?

Its just the light in the pictures mate.....its a white Lian Li Lan Cool 2 case, the inside of the case is black but the outside is pure white.

The RAM is Ryzen certified so yeah its 100% approved.

Look for FCLK in the BIOS. Set it to 1800, that should give you a 1:1 with 3600 memory.

Mine is under Ai Tweaker.

Edit: Hmm mine is showing 3:54 also. You need to take a look at your timings you're on CAS 26.

Edit2: Looks like theat FSB:DRAM is not FCLK to DRAM... so revert to setting it as above and don't worry about it :pac: Do worry about your timings though.

This is a fookin mine field. Will have to have a serious google and get the machine set up correctly. Whats the ****in point in having an XMP profile is the ram runs nothing like its meant to when you select it.

I will go in an manually do everything and see how it looks.

This is a fookin mine field. Will have to have a serious google and get the machine set up correctly. Whats the ****in point in having an XMP profile is the ram runs nothing like its meant to when you select it.

I will go in an manually do everything and see how it looks.

Could be the RAM is not on the QVL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So from the pics the RAM is

F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

Thats on the QVL for the board in the pics so should be ok.

Could a stick be faulty? When I upgraded last year one of the RAM sticks was faulty,the other was fine. Pc would run and that but every know and then I got carshes. Might be worth getting mem test and giving it a quick run

Its just the light in the pictures mate.....its a white Lian Li Lan Cool 2 case, the inside of the case is black but the outside is pure white.

The RAM is Ryzen certified so yeah its 100% approved.

Sorry, i meant the QVL list of the Board. If RAM isn't on it then it can affect things like XMP even if it's Ryzen certified.

I see EoinHef has confirmed it is so that's a strange one alright.

Sorry, i meant the QVL list of the Board. If RAM isn't on it then it can affect things like XMP even if it's Ryzen certified.

I see EoinHef has confirmed it is so that's a strange one alright.

This is prolly a stupid question, but how can a RAM be Ryzen certified and NOT be on the QVL....???

• Advertisement

This is prolly a stupid question, but how can a RAM be Ryzen certified and NOT be on the QVL....???

The manufacturer of the motherboard haven't tested it with that motherboard. I'm not sure there is an official 'Ryzen Certification'.

The manufacturer of the motherboard haven't tested it with that motherboard. I'm not sure there is an official 'Ryzen Certification'.

My bad, its not a certification per say....the ram is optimised for the Ryzen platform ;)

Yup. I had the popular Corsair Vengeance LPX before thinking that it should be compatible as it's quite talked about, with my old Aorus X570 Elite but kept getting BSOD.
    Turns out it wasn't on the QVL list. Bought some HyperX which was and hasn't happened since.

Well I originally got a LianLi Lan Cool 2 ARGB case and it was super but it was not able to accommodate a 360 AIO on the roof (Max 240)

So I upgraded and got the new LianLi 011 Dynamic XL ROG Edition, and its beyond expectations both to work on and to have a finished build. Also invested in a GPU vertical mount, there are a few places that do them but I went with the original LiLanLi one and its very good, it has a build in anti sag bracket but if it did not you get a free one with the ROG case.

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/aU6yv87l.jpg[/img]"]aU6yv87l.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/AH8Nmiwl.jpg[/img]"]AH8Nmiwl.jpg[/URL]

White one is finished pic, I know the card is letting the side down lol. It will look better with my 3080 Strix

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not enough fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not enough fans.

Needs more cowbell.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not enough fans.

Your right, there is space for one on the back panel....must get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What cables are you using the for the 24-pin? Are they lighting up or just very reflective?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Serephucus wrote: »
    What cables are you using the for the 24-pin? Are they lighting up or just very reflective?

Look like CableMod white.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »

They are Lian Li Strimer +, they are fully addressable and sync'd to everything in my case via Asus Aura Sync. They are quite pricey but the best on the market and look very well, on the brightest settings they are VERY bright but you can adjust the speed and the brightness.

http://www.lian-li.com/strimer-2-24pin/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_YWuz3qJfE

I know alot of peeps dont like mad RGB setups but I find them really creative and I can turn off everything and just have the case bitch black if I so wish, I have been building high end PCs for donkeys now and I always had just a black full tower with cutting edge tech inside and you could never see it. I remember people saying what the point of windowed PC cases when they came out too...lol.

Plus it gets my kids asking more questions and wanting to know more about PCs...

Advertisement