Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September Apple Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

murpho999 wrote: »
    No, so it means no notch.

Didn't realise there was a notch on iPad Pro

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would you need a iPad Pro when compared to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

OU812 wrote: »
    Usb C on the air. Probably bring it in on the pro phone also

Probably next year. Would have leaked by now if it was coming to the phones I’d say.

Marty Bird wrote: »

There isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

peteeeed wrote: »
    The nanotechnologmlassostor is twekvty times better

As usual peteeed, you provide more entertainment than these Apple “events”.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Why would there be a notch? It’s the same style as the iPad Pro. It’s not an edge to edge display.

Fair enough, was comparing more to iPhone for som silly reason.

I never really think of iPad Pro due to prices.

You really do miss Steve and one more thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

iPad Air 64gb or 256gb, they are such messers Apple.

Apple Site

Ipad Air on store already. €667

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    iPad Air 64gb or 256gb, they are such messers Apple.

€835 for the 256

• Advertisement

Apple Watch SE starts at €294.10

Series 6 from: €422 (the 5 was from €451.50)

€835 for the 256

Yeah 60eur cheaper than latest iPad Pro (128GB)

Apple Site

Ipad Air on store already. €667

The old Air was €569.55

FourFourFM wrote: »
    The old Air was €569.55

I thought so, that's quite a hike.

I thought so, that's quite a hike.

Yeah and the 64gb, pushing you toward the 256gb which price wise is so close to the iPad pro.

I wonder what the story with a redesigned mini is. That'd be nice.

Yeah and the 64gb, pushing you toward the 256gb which price wise is so close to the iPad pro.

I was expecting a 128gb config myself

I think 64gb is plenty. With cloud services etc

My current iPad is no where near full.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Interesting event. The rumours were pretty much spot on. No iPhones, smaller Apple Watch and the SE version. And both lower priced iPads updated.

The subscription was also leaked in the source code, but I hadn’t heard a lot about the Fitness+ being announced.

Seeing as it’s only available in the higher priced subscription alongside the News+ service I’m guessing Apple One won’t be in Ireland seeing as we don’t even have the News App. Or maybe just the lower priced tiers will be available?

Best part about the event was that iOS 14 and watchOS 7 are being released tomorrow. No long wait like usual. Looking forward to giving them a spin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Currently paying €14.99 for Apple Music Family sub and €9.99 for 2TB iCloud. Have AppleTV+ free until December 2021 because I bought a MBP and iPad Air.

Apple site says Apple One is €19.95 for the family sub, but that only includes 200GB. The extra cost of upgrading to 2TB will determine whether Apple One is worth it for me at the moment, but they don’t have the pricing up. I’ve no interest in Arcade, and I’m not fully sure I’ll renew the ATV+ sub when it expires (although a new series of Mythic Quest & The Morning Show could convince me - but I haven’t been into much else they have on).

DubDJ wrote: »
    Interesting event. The rumours were pretty much spot on. No iPhones, smaller Apple Watch and the SE version. And both lower priced iPads updated.

The subscription was also leaked in the source code, but I hadn’t heard a lot about the Fitness+ being announced.

Seeing as it’s only available in the higher priced subscription alongside the News+ service I’m guessing Apple One won’t be in Ireland seeing as we don’t even have the News App. Or maybe just the lower priced tiers will be available?

Best part about the event was that iOS 14 and watchOS 7 are being released tomorrow. No long wait like usual. Looking forward to giving them a spin :D

Why wouldn't fitness+ be here?

It's already up on the Irish Apple site. Link.

It's not linked to News + which is not here for other reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I'm now an apple watch owner for the first time......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

The sleep tracking looks basic does anyone know if it's as comprehensive as Withings Scanwatch sleep tracking?

https://www.withings.com/be/en/scanwatch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I ordered an ipad pro 11 inch last week. Due 23rd. Wonder should I cancel it for the new air?

Why wouldn't fitness+ be here?

It's already up on the Irish Apple site. Link.

It's not linked to News + which is not here for other reasons.

The Apple One bundle is what I was referring to, the highest price tier which was $25 dollars included News+ and Fitness+. My confusion was whether they would offer that bundle in Ireland seeing as the News app never mind News+ isn’t available here.

I’m aware Fitness+ is available in Ireland, I was surprised we were part of the small group of launch countries.

godtabh wrote: »
    I ordered an ipad pro 11 inch last week. Due 23rd. Wonder should I cancel it for the new air?

This tweet is for you: https://twitter.com/markgurman/status/1305940766028492800?s=21

Don’t forget about the difference in storage though, in case that’s important to you.

The Pro still has ProMotion (120Hz), better camera array and higher storage (128GB). So in those ways it’s better. But it is a close call with the A14 processor. The Pro supposedly has a higher GPU core count so still could offer better performance in areas. Also, you might prefer FaceID over TouchID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

The Pro 11 is a serious device but the new Air just announced seems just as good. No 120hz display I think? Wouldn't be too worried about that though. The touch ID on the power button is a great feature.

You'll be happy with the 11 pro but if you want to save cash I'm thinking get the Air.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I i just bought it on its own yeah, I've a feeling I'll be canceling the order.

Bought it with the airpods pro student deal €970

279 for the airpods pro plus 618 for the ipad air so c. €892. Not much of a difference when I look at it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

The SE watch coming in at €294 for the 40mm is going to be a huge seller.

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    The SE watch coming in at €294 for the 40mm is going to be a huge seller.

Agreed but there’s also great value on the refurbished Series 5 for just €319. Makes more sense for me so I’ll be going for that.

Advertisement