Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September Apple Event

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Agreed but there’s also great value on the refurbished Series 5 for just €319. Makes more sense for me so I’ll be going for that.

Especially given no ECG on the SE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

The sleep tracking looks basic does anyone know if it's as comprehensive as Withings Scanwatch sleep tracking?

https://www.withings.com/be/en/scanwatch

Confirmed: Basic awake/asleep tracking on Apple Six

https://www.pocket-lint.com/smartwatches/news/apple/153679-how-to-track-your-sleep-with-the-apple-watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

According to MacRumors, the Apple One Premium tier is limited to USA, UK, Australia and Canada only.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/09/15/apple-one-bundles-introduced/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,073 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Doodah7 wrote: »
    According to MacRumors, the Apple One Premium tier is limited to USA, UK, Australia and Canada only.

Yeah, Apple don’t have it listed on the .ie site, just individual and family. Premier is what I’d need, but at an estimated €29.95, it wouldn’t be worth it to me over what I’m currently paying.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's a pity that TV, Music and Arcade are all a bit crap. Apple never really figured out how to deliver in these areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DubDJ wrote: »
    The Apple One bundle is what I was referring to, the highest price tier which was $25 dollars included News+ and Fitness+. My confusion was whether they would offer that bundle in Ireland seeing as the News app never mind News+ isn’t available here.

I’m aware Fitness+ is available in Ireland, I was surprised we were part of the small group of launch countries.

OK I'm with you now.

Well Apple News is only in US (US$29.95), Canada ($33.95), UK(£29.95 & Australia ($39.95).

Seeing as all this pricing is available on other country Apple sites it looks like Ireland is not getting an option with 2tb cloud or news or fitness bundled.

Seems to be the same in other European countries.
    All seems very off to me.

awec wrote: »
    It's a pity that TV, Music and Arcade are all a bit crap. Apple never really figured out how to deliver in these areas.

I really don't see what's wrong with Apple Music. I use it all the time and I like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really don't see what's wrong with Apple Music. I use it all the time and I like it a lot.

They've only been in the TV a wet week and have a few really good shows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This combined bundle is ideal for me. Already pay for Apple Music and 200GB per month while my free trial of TV+ expires at the end of October.

Given that a huge number of people’s free trial will likely expire then (one year after its introduction), it is all but certain that the new Apple One sub will launch before this. Otherwise huge numbers will be abondoning TV+ as the jury is still out as to whether it is worth it month after month outside of a couple of tentpole shows.

boreder wrote: »
    They've only been in the TV a wet week and have a few really good shows...

Agreed, also Arcade is not for me as I don't game on my phone but I don't se what's wrong with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Doodah7 wrote: »

Probably because it contains 'News' which we can't get here.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agreed, also Arcade is not for me as I don't game on my phone but I don't se what's wrong with it.

The games are, by and large, muck.

There are a few good games in there, but the vast majority of stuff is very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'm currently using the 200gb iCloud plan and running out of space with just me and one other with backups and photos and messages so the premier plan appealed to me. however the family plan + fitness works out at the same price anyways (only thing you're missing is Apple News which considering the dire state of the world, American centric news is not one iota appealing to me) I'll probably go with family + fitness, of course will try the 3 month trial first anyways.

I think Apple TV+ is great, The Morning Show was a good watch, Ted Lasso is amazing, Mythic Quest was a great comedy and For All Man Kind was a super interesting take on the space race part real, part fantasy.

If it's included in my bundle I'm more than happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

naasrd wrote: »
    The SE watch coming in at €294 for the 40mm is going to be a huge seller.

Get the Xmas orders in early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Thinking of getting the 12.9" iPad Pro. €1,066 including a pair of AirPods.

Anyone who has one at the moment, is the base 128GB enough or do you regret not getting more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

dmn22 wrote: »

Anyone who has one at the moment, is the base 128GB enough or do you regret not getting more?

I have a 128 pad (one previous to current). Never got anywhere near filling it and is a tonne of media on there.

Ended up giving it to one of the kids for schoolwork so there’s now a load of books as well as media on it & same deal. Absolutely loads of room left.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I might change my order to the 12.9’ now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I've got the 256gb 12.9, 2020 one. With all apps loaded on to it, work and personal, I've 28gb used. I try keep everything in the cloud but nice to have the extra space to fall back on. Got 50gb icloud storage also.

Purchased mine with the airpods pro and honestly it's the best device I've ever used. For my needs, work and otherwise, it covers everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The iPhone 12 will be a nostalgia product and come with a kiosk.

awec wrote: »
    The games are, by and large, muck.

There are a few good games in there, but the vast majority of stuff is very poor.

Well I'm just not into gaming on my phone as it eats battery and prefer a console for games but I have read there have been some good games.

Either way, I wouldn't agree with a sweeping statement that the majority of stuff is poor or that Apple TV & Apple Music are poor.

Also, with Apple Music I have an individual 1 year deal for €99 which I think is a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I was planning on getting an iPad Pro in the next few months as well but I think i'll hold off now until next years version based off the tech youtubers/journos saying the next iPad Pro will have to offer a significant jump based on the iPad Air announced yesterday. At the moment the pro doesn't seem worth the extra over the Air (granted i'm looking at the 11 inch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I've got the 256gb 12.9, 2020 one. With all apps loaded on to it, work and personal, I've 28gb used. I try keep everything in the cloud but nice to have the extra space to fall back on. Got 50gb icloud storage also.

Purchased mine with the airpods pro and honestly it's the best device I've ever used. For my needs, work and otherwise, it covers everything.

Were the airports on an offer with the ipad? Just curious in looking to purchase

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think Apple TV+ is great, The Morning Show was a good watch, Ted Lasso is amazing, Mythic Quest was a great comedy and For All Man Kind was a super interesting take on the space race part real, part fantasy.

I normally agree with most of your posts, Mr Goodness, but Ted Lasso amazing? I didn't laugh once in the series, smiled once, maybe twice. The Morning Show was very good. Looking forward to the second one. The film Greyhound was excellent as well.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I normally agree with most of your posts, Mr Goodness, but Ted Lasso amazing? I didn't laugh once in the series, smiled once, maybe twice. The Morning Show was very good. Looking forward to the second one. The film Greyhound was excellent as well.

Tv and music tastes differ so widely compared to less subjective things :pac:

“Hey Siri play vengabus on office speakers”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Were the airports on an offer with the ipad? Just curious in looking to purchase

Apple offer free AirPods with an iPad/Mac purchase in their Education pricing. The standard AirPods are free and the Pros you've to pay a bit more.

https://www.apple.com/ie-edu/shop/back-to-school

Has anyone ordered a watch? I ordered last night and got a delivery window of Sep 24-30. Logged in and my item is saying "preparing to ship" wonder what the odds are that I'll get it sooner than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Has anyone ordered a watch? I ordered last night and got a delivery window of Sep 24-30. Logged in and my item is saying "preparing to ship" wonder what the odds are that I'll get it sooner than that.
    ive got the same and got a delivery of 30 sept but i think they said its out friday in their stores sept 18th so .....

peteeeed wrote: »
    ive got the same and got a delivery of 30 sept but i think they said its out friday in their stores sept 18th so .....

Yeah but I think it depended on the strap and watch combo you picked. I have friends that have a deliver by sept 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

I ordered the watch this morning. If I selected the new Braided Solo Loop strap it was showing 8-10 weeks delivery. I just went for the blue sport band instead. Might buy a uniband later on.
    Was disappointed that the standard Ipad 8 storage was kept at 32GB. I was thinking of upgrading my Ipad 6 but think I'll wait and try to pick up a refurbished Air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Yeah, I bought one yesterday evening but Apple hasn't taken the cash yet from my apple pay transaction and it's showing delivery Oct 22nd. That's for a blue one with a braided loop strap. I was kinda hoping to get it sooner. What strap options are shipping sooner?

Advertisement