Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September Apple Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Oymyakon wrote: »
    Would I be correct in thinking the quickest way for me to get the iPad 8 is to order online from Apple now?

All of the shops seem to have no stock and Harvey Norman have delisted the device from their website which makes me think they won't be getting stock any time soon.

Well, Carrickmines were expecting it in store last Thursday. HN is awful for not putting stock they have in store on their site. Worth a call if it's close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Well, Carrickmines were expecting it in store last Thursday. HN is awful for not putting stock they have in store on their site. Worth a call if it's close by.

This is totally true. Both me and a friend of mine got Series 6 watches last week by calling HN and asking if they had any in stock. The site said 'coming soon' but they actually had them in store.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My wife picked up a 44mm Red for me in Limerick on Sunday morning. Delighted.

Ordered the 44mm black Leather Link that evening directly from Apple, 4 weeks for dispatch! 🀦ðŸ¼*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Orders for iPad Air starting tomorrow according to Adorama

https://www.imore.com/ipad-air-4-coming-sept-30-according-adorama

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I could see the Pro going to 13" and 15" and ditch the 11" size. The Air fits that gap fairly capably, sure it doesn't have quad speakers/faceID/120hz refresh rate, but they will trickle down eventually

Thought the new iPad Air had quad speakers no? Two on each side?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

adox wrote: »
    Thought the new iPad Air had quad speakers no? Two on each side?

https://www.apple.com/ie/ipad/compare/?device1=ipad-pro-11&device2=ipad-air-4th-gen&device3=ipad-8th-gen

Under the section of Audio

iPad Pro 2nd Gen - Four-speaker audio
    iPad Air 4th Gen - Two-speaker audio landscape mode

That's even odder that it singles out landscape mode :confused:

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm in market for iPad as my original iPad Air is not working (digitzer gone).

Sensible part says go for the new 8th Gen iPad at €392 but the geek in me wants the shiny new Air big jump to €667. Extra storage is one plus and the better chip but is there a justification for Air for an average consumer like myself who mainly uses iPad for consuming media You Tube etc?

Im in the same boat. Started a thread on it to see if anyone else had the same problem but it needs replacing as is gone again hours after another restore.

I use it for the same as yourself but Im still veering towards the new Air.
    The bigger screen, full screen, Laminated screen, more modern look along with better specs(and storage) have me choosing it.

The last iPad I bought was the regular iPad in 2018(Mrs has the dying iPad Air)and its still going strong but looks pretty old fashioned with the large bezels and the battery isnt what it was. Gonna pass that onto the Mrs and order the Air for myself.

https://www.apple.com/ie/ipad/compare/?device1=ipad-pro-11&device2=ipad-air-4th-gen&device3=ipad-8th-gen

Under the section of Audio

iPad Pro 2nd Gen - Four-speaker audio
    iPad Air 4th Gen - Two-speaker audio landscape mode

That's even odder that it singles out landscape mode :confused:

A bit confusing alright. The diagram shows it having 4 speakers, two each side.
    Weirdly worded as well as you say.

ahh I see that now, one will be for a microphone and the other will be just so it's symmetrical. It's the same on the bottom of the phones the left side is the speaker and right is the microphone. Apple love symmetry.

There's another microphone at the camera Lens but that's a noise cancelling microphone and not meant to pick up the users voice.

ahh I see that now, one will be for a microphone and the other will be just so it's symmetrical. It's the same on the bottom of the phones the left side is the speaker and right is the microphone. Apple love symmetry.

There's another microphone at the camera Lens but that's a noise cancelling microphone and not meant to pick up the users voice.

Cheers. Stereo in landscape mode will be a big improvement over the one sided speaker on the regular iPad I have.

• Advertisement

it's one place Apple has focused a lot recently is in speakers and microphones they both got great reviews for the 16" MBP and the iPad Pros (FaceID models). I doubt you'll be disappointed :)

it's one place Apple has focused a lot recently is in speakers and microphones they both got great reviews for the 16" MBP and the iPad Pros (FaceID models). I doubt you'll be disappointed :)

Yes the "stereo" speakers on my 2018 are a real week point. Being on one side they might as well be mono and they aren't very loud. I always have them.on max volume watching YouTube etc and they are poor.

I’ll be keeping an eye on Amazon pricing before buying as they have the new iPad for a little over £330 Sterling, so a saving over the Apple store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Do we have any date beyond ‘October’ for the iPad Air 4? I (or rather my toddler) cracked my original iPad Pro during lockdown and I use it and my Apple Pencil extensively and the click across the crack is driving me cuckoo. I wasn’t bothered replacing the screen as I knew I was due to upgrade this year

Do we have any date beyond ‘October’ for the iPad Air 4? I (or rather my toddler) cracked my original iPad Pro during lockdown and I use it and my Apple Pencil extensively and the click across the crack is driving me cuckoo. I wasn’t bothered replacing the screen as I knew I was due to upgrade this year

No specifics, but the rumours seem to indicate it will be available very soon into October, maybe next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

The iPhone event is rumoured to be on October 13th. I would imagine they will either announce preorders for the air at that event at the latest. My thinking is that they will be available before hand though as they’d want all the attention on the iPhones

I've just seen on Reddit, two reputable retailers (notebooksbilliger.de and Aces Direct) have listed delivery dates as early as 4-5 October. Hopefully confirmation from Apple is imminent, getting my hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I’ll be keeping an eye on Amazon pricing before buying as they have the new iPad for a little over £330 Sterling, so a saving over the Apple store.

Thanks for that pulled the trigger on the iPad Pro 11inch I was going to buy the new Air but I think the better screen and double the storage was worth the extra €140 over the Air.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

I've just seen on Reddit, two reputable retailers (notebooksbilliger.de and Aces Direct) have listed delivery dates as early as 4-5 October. Hopefully confirmation from Apple is imminent, getting my hopes up!

Hope so. The regular iPad is up for sale but has a 3-4 week delivery time.
    Hopefully not the same with the Air when it goes live.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Hope so. The regular iPad is up for sale but has a 3-4 week delivery time.
    Hopefully not the same with the Air when it goes live.

I’ve got a strap on order that’s still 4 weeks away from being delivered.

I’d say the iPads will be minimum 4 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

eeloe wrote: »

Had to read that more than once to figure out what you had ordered :P An Apple Watch strap, I get it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eeloe wrote: »

I'm sure you'd get one quicker on Amazon here.

Probably just gonna go and bite the bullet on the 128gb iPad Pro... With the education discount and free Airpods (which will be sold) it's not that much more than the new unreleased Air...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Probably just gonna go and bite the bullet on the 128gb iPad Pro... With the education discount and free Airpods (which will be sold) it's not that much more than the new unreleased Air...

€240 in the difference.

I know you get double the storage on the Pro, better specs and the airpods but it's still quite a few quid extra to put up.

€240 in the difference.

I know you get double the storage on the Pro, better specs and the airpods but it's still quite a few quid extra to put up.

iPad Air 64GB: €667
    iPad Pro 11" 128GB w/ Airpods and education discount: €857

Difference of €190, I reckon if I sold the Airpods the majority of that price gap would be gone

iPad Air 64GB: €667
    iPad Pro 11" 128GB w/ Airpods and education discount: €857

Difference of €190, I reckon if I sold the Airpods the majority of that price gap would be gone

If you apply the student discount to the Air also it comes in at €618.

If you apply the student discount to the Air also it comes in at €618.

I couldn't find a link to the discount for the Air anywhere so just assumed it wasn't included?

I couldn't find a link to the discount for the Air anywhere so just assumed it wasn't included?

It comes up for me on the same link for the Pro with the AirPods offer.

Kinda swayed me to go for the Air. I might have considered sticking with another base model otherwise.

I don’t use iPads for any productivity, just for media consumption and general browsing so I realize the Pro is probably the best option for many. I just couldn’t justify spending that amount for my needs. The Air will be a luxury spend where I could settle for the standard iPad.

• Advertisement

It comes up for me on the same link for the Pro with the AirPods offer.

Kinda swayed me to go for the Air. I might have considered sticking with another base model otherwise.

I don’t use iPads for any productivity, just for media consumption and general browsing so I realize the Pro is probably the best option for many. I just couldn’t justify spending that amount for my needs. The Air will be a luxury spend where I could settle for the standard iPad.

Yeah I've been unable to choose between the base and the Air, then I saw the pro with the Airpods which threw a spanner in the works. At this stage I'll probably end up going with whatever is in stock in the shop first.

Advertisement