Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN aligned to 1 SSID

• 08-09-2020 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I have VM Super Hub 3.0, and I would like to learn about the option available for adding a dedicated VPN box. I currently use NordVPN service on some devices.

Is it possible to deploy a Wifi Access Point (connected to the VM Super Hub 3.0 via ethernet cable) that is configured to run a VPN connection to my NordVPN account - for clients to connect via Wifi and ethernet? So that anything that connects to that AP will be tunnelled through the VPN.

The VM Super Hub 3.0 box would continue to operate as the DHCP server
    and some devices would continue to connect to the VM Super Hub 3.0 box, and some devices via the VPN AP.

Any information and guidance would be greatly welcome to help my understanding.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buy a firewall/router with integrated WLAN, place it lan side, default out everything onto the VPN interface(IPSec). Itd want to run its own DHCP server tbh.

This might be a fiddly config to setup, I cant point you to a step by step.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wayguk

thanks for the information - I've actually since gone with a unifi solution

Advertisement