Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RyanAir - Cork and Shannon

Options
  • 08-09-2020 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Looks like if the government don’t pull their finger out and update the green list soon, Cork and Shannon is getting the plug pulled by RyanAir.

Why are the government completely ignoring huge sections of employment in this country?!? Pubs and aviation are just two but huge employers and contributors to the tax coffers!!

🀦*♂️

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Thread moved.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Dino.jpg?1585763634

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

How likely is this to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Cork_Guest

Morby wrote: »
    How likely is this to happen?

I have no affiliation to RyanAir but if that memo is anything to go by I’d say it’s pretty open and shut, if RyanAir can’t make more money from those airports by being able to fly to more destinations then it’s obviously not worth operating under the current circumstances.

IMO the government should have already copped on and expanded the green list, we can’t even fly to countries who’s cases per capita are much lower than ours!

All they seem to be doing is ignoring it!! Useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Ireland (and lets not look at Dublin or Limerick) have numbers now which are higher than most of Europe..... but travel is somehow still deadly serious dangerous.
    Now with the school holidays over (and very few irish travelling) its still effectively outlawed for rain loving nature and history fans to come from say Germany or other places and fill some of the empty plane seats or hotel beds.

No..... lets see if people will come down the west from Dublin (infection rate of 70 per 100k) because the geriatric germans (incidence rate of 30 per 100k) are WAAAAAAAY too dangerous to be let in.

did politicans do different maths to the rest of us, or were there special schools where logic was beaten out of you ? (maybe actually it was called medical school, seeing as the highly paid Dublin based advisors are egging on the politicans to keep foreigners from places with lower infection rates than Dublin, if not Ireland. banned)

• Advertisement

Tis a joke alright! Every day we get numbers, they tell us what age, gender, location and how they caught it.....I haven’t seen a single days number include ‘Fritz from Hamburg and Dave from Manchester infected 8 people after flying in to Cork’

Even the U.K. who made a complete balls of the lockdown at the start have fluid ‘air bridges’ which has allowed people to travel safely and airlines to keep making money. Jesus the U.K. even bailed out RyanAir and AerLingus to the tune of £1.1 billion while our mob just sit back and do nothing....other than kick up a stink when the U.K. puff out their chests about the Withdrawal agreement as a negotiating tactic, then they’re rushing round making calls and getting on the news! Jokers the lot of them!

Dino.jpg?1585763634

Oh look, I’m alright so screw everyone else. Nice attitude!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Cork_Guest wrote: »
    Oh look, I’m alright so screw everyone else. Nice attitude!!

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

It would be a big loss for an already crippled Cork Airport, I wonder will the passenger numbers return to pre covid levels in the next few years?

Ditto.

Well hey, at least I’m giving out to someone who appears not to care about all the unemployed caused by an inept government. You’re giving out because you’ve been called on it! Doesn’t really match up to ditto now does it! Joker!

• Advertisement
Advertisement