Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a D4 in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snorlaxx

hardybuck wrote: »

I've never recovered from the loss of Superquinn either.

I'm still mourning the loss of Freshways and Roches boi

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Fortunately Ardkeen upped their game and they are a credit to the city.

M&S is tack. I'd much prefer a Donnybrook Fair, Fallon & Byrne or Avoca store - far superior.

Fallon + Byrne? Ardkeen would be a "Hypermarket" to a F+B customer:pac:

Dont worry bud we will all be traversing the aisles in the German multiples pretty soon. And this thread's topic will be immaterial. Ireland is in for a hard economic Covid landing. No one will be spared this time unlike 2008 cos there is gonna be no money left in the trough. The toffs will suffer the most as society crumbles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,394 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    I'm still mourning the loss of Freshways and Roches boi

im still lost without l&n!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Dont worry bud we will all be traversing the aisles in the German multiples pretty soon. And this thread's topic will be immaterial. Ireland is in for a hard economic Covid landing. No one will be spared this time unlike 2008 cos there is gonna be no money left in the trough. The toffs will suffer the most as society crumbles ;)

Ardkeen in fairness to them have won many national awards in recent years and are highly regarded in the artisan food circles.

I'm a big fan of Aldi, their wines in particular are exceptionally well priced. A bottle of Cotes du Rhone Villages for less than €8 is amazing.

Not expecting the economic apocalypse you are, but ready to leverage the situation to my benefit once again like last time.

ah creating money is easy peasy, central banks can never run out of the stuff, dealing with unpaying debts could very well be the problem

• Advertisement

Not expecting the economic apocalypse you are, but ready to leverage the situation to my benefit once again like last time.

Nothing like believing in a fairytale ending :rolleyes:... unlike last time, all of the world's economy has plummeted in the past 6 months due to a global pandemic, unemployment levels are beginning to soar, the US is being run by a reality TV star who advocates injecting disinfectant to combat Covid, there is a looming Cold War between China + the US with Putin's Russia on the sidelines pulling the strings, globalisation is at an end as there is no markets left to conquer and there is the small matter of a no deal Brexit on the cards in the New Year. There wont be much to leverage by then. The revolution will be televised!

Nothing like believing in a fairytale ending :rolleyes:... unlike last time, all of the world's economy has plummeted in the past 6 months due to a global pandemic, unemployment levels are beginning to soar, the US is being run by a reality TV star who advocates injecting disinfectant to combat Covid, there is a looming Cold War between China + the US with Putin's Russia on the sidelines pulling the strings, globalisation is at an end as there is no markets left to conquer and there is the small matter of a no deal Brexit on the cards in the New Year. There wont be much to leverage by then. The revolution will be televised!

plenty of markets out there, plenty of opportunities, plenty of critical needs to be done, we re just lacking will right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Castlewoods in Balinamona is very wealthy spot. There's not much of a wood there but certainly not shortage of castles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Unlike D4 Waterford doesn't have €500,000 apartments handed over to wasters on their social-housing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Castlewoods in Balinamona is very wealthy spot. There's not much of a wood there but certainly not shortage of castles.

I'm not from Waterford, but I just had a look on Google. Where do people get the money for houses like that? I'm envious :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Hyper as its colloquially known was opened by Gay Byrne in a fanfare in the early 70's so I am told.

It was actually Quinnsworth in the lisduggan shopping centre which was opened by Gay Byrne in the late 70's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I'm not from Waterford, but I just had a look on Google. Where do people get the money for houses like that? I'm envious :)

40-year mortgages.

vriesmays wrote: »
    40-year mortgages.

about the only thing id agree with you on, tis all credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mactony338

any update on liz reddy getting sacked regards brian

<<<snip>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You don't have to be a millionaire to live in castlewoods. There are huge houses out there but also smaller ones with 4 or 5 bedrooms.

Have family members living there, who have very well paying jobs and multiple children, but they're not millionaires or that noticeably wealthy.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mactony338 wrote: »
    <<<snip>>>.

It’s now clear you only set up this account to post about goings on within WLR, all your posts were deleted for a reason and yet you still won’t let things lie, for that reason, I’m issuing you with a permanent ban from here. I honestly don’t think you’ll be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Pffft! Like Waterford could afford a D4.......:rolleyes:

Mind you, I've been in some big houses in Newtown.

Pffft! Like Waterford could afford a D4.......:rolleyes:

Mind you, I've been in some big houses in Newtown.

Having or needing a big house has never interested me. To be happy & healthy would be my primary focus in life. In time I'd actually love to retire and live in a cottage on the Aran Islands. I would not say no to a similar property on one of the Greek Islands too.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

People forget that D4 takes in a very diverse swath of Dublin.

dublin-postal-code-map.png

People forget that D4 takes in a very diverse swath of Dublin.

And people should also not forget the topical D/4 stat :
    Dublin South City Covid incidence = 124.3 per 100,000.

Would you like an extra dose of virulence with your snobbery?? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

My favorite houses in waterford are those red bricks along south parade facing the park....there is something about them i like...it would be my 1st choice for a property in waterford if i can sell my trailer.

My favorite houses in waterford are those red bricks along south parade facing the park....there is something about them i like...it would be my 1st choice for a property in waterford if i can sell my trailer.

Yeah they are beautiful looking houses. Great to live next to the park too. A great public amenity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yeah they are beautiful looking houses. Great to live next to the park too. A great public amenity.

https://www.daft.ie/waterford/houses-for-sale/waterford-city/31-south-parade-waterford-city-waterford-2686630/

Do the Lotto this weekend :)

Houses in Newtown by Belindus church are quite nice. They must be worth a fortune too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Houses in Newtown by Belindus church are quite nice. They must be worth a fortune too.

I think i remember seeing one on Daft last year and it was for sale for over 1m

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

bullpost wrote: »

Lovely facade but looks like a parochial house inside. Add another €80-€100k on to modernise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At least it's not BER rated. The deal breaker would have been no back access but I see they have a handy drive and parking area. I'll make an enquiry!

You can tell it's posh as it's within strolling distance of local amenities, plebs walk:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Most of the other cities on this island are plastered with fine red brick buildings. Pure vandalism that we were reduced to only a bare smattering of this style of housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Lovely facade but looks like a parochial house inside. Add another €80-€100k on to modernise it.

Exactly. The South Parade houses look great on the outside but a lot of them need huge work inside which can be limited due to the age of the houses. Theres almost always a flat on Daft from South Parade for 500 a month and it really looks tired. Plus a flat opposite the Park entrance near the garage, its up months now and only 750 a month. Pictures look great but i wonder what the catch is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

And the rest.

Advertisement