Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

You would need to wear a second surgical mask and an FFP2 mask along with an N95 mask just to be sure to be sure. Throw on a few pairs of goggles under the visor aswell just in case

Wear this in all settings from the moment you get up in the morning....

I feel sorry for our people that they have been driven to this state of worry and paronia to be even thinking like this.

Do yourself a favour and stop listening to the news. Take care.

ROFL so clever and hilarious. Great job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Sadly people died long before covid and will still be dying long after this is over. The problem now is nothing else matters only covid.

There is no actual figure worldwide of deaths directly From Covid. We all know there is very high associated covid deaths.

Just because people die is not an acceptable excuse not to wear a mask.

Wearing a mask helps lessen the viral load so that someone might not get it so bad and might not end up dead. But you'll still go on about fear by wearing a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Do you put a seatbelt on?
    Your car has brakes.
    Does that make you AFRAID?

Do you wash your hands and wear a mask?
    Does that make you AFRAID?

It's unclear the extent to which you can be infected through eyes.
    Healthcare workers wear visors and masks and gloves. Different threats, different precautions.
    A mask isn't going to protect you if you can be infected through your eyes.
    Simple as. No need to bring loaded words like AFRAID into it.

And, while you may be infected through eyes, there's no indications you can transmit it from your eyes.
    Unlike masks. Which is why you are mandated to wear one.

Yes I wear a seatbelt. Do I think or ask someone about the need for a second seatbelt just to be sure to be sure ? No I don’t.

So you think we should all be wearing goggles along side masks ?

I like most wear as mask as a means to go into a shop to buy stuff to get on with my life not because I think it offers me or others any sort of protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Just because people die is not an acceptable excuse not to wear a mask.

Wearing a mask helps lessen the viral load so that someone might not get it so bad and might not end up dead. But you'll still go on about fear by wearing a mask.

There is not evidence of a reduction in this viral load in an uncontrolled environment that keeps getting mentioned here.

Absolutely none...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Or else they may not be brainwashed into thinking that a mask offers some sort of protection.
    Your post is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.....
    You would need to wear a second surgical mask and an FFP2 mask along with an N95 mask just to be sure to be sure. Throw on a few pairs of goggles under the visor aswell just in case

Wear this in all settings from the moment you get up in the morning....

I feel sorry for our people that they have been driven to this state of worry and paronia to be even thinking like this.

Do yourself a favour and stop listening to the news. Take care.
    All that was stated above was true and perhaps the ignorance now lies with actual overstating of covid
    Threadbanned

• Advertisement

There is not evidence of a reduction in this viral load in an uncontrolled environment that keeps getting mentioned here.

Absolutely none...

Think logically, you would normally breathe out but now we have to cover our faces. So obviously there's a reduction. Or do you have other evidence to say otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

No confusion. People just need to calm down and reassess things.

Some have lost their minds with all the fear and media driven drivel which has people thinking this virus is a death sentence should you contract it.

The treatment for the vast majority is no treatment just stay at home for 14 days incase you might spread the virus that you didn’t even know you had until a test tells you you’re not well....

The recovery rate is huge absolutely massive but that doesn’t get reported constantly.

Just had a look and in ireland you've over 99% recovery rate from stabbings.

Sure it's not much more dangerous than covid, why do we waste money policing it. Silly us.

Your logic is so illogical to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just wondering when I'll be able to get to a fecking barbers again, my hair is getting uncontrollable. Which brings me to my mask, the last few times I've been in the shop my mask will become undone in one of my ears because my bloody hair is getting in the way, so I find approaching the till, half my mask will open in my face. Annoying, trying to make sure both elastics are behind my ears before going into the shop.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Just wondering when I'll be able to get to a fecking barbers again, my hair is getting uncontrollable. Which brings me to my mask, the last few times I've been in the shop my mask will become undone in one of my ears because my bloody hair is getting in the way, so I find approaching the till, half my mask will open in my face. Annoying, trying to make sure both elastics are behind my ears before going into the shop.

Ear loops aren't great. U can get some clips and bands online that will help secure the mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Ear loops aren't great. U can get some clips and bands online that will help secure the mask.

Thanks God we have ears. What if we hadn't? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I haven't been visiting by hair dresser since last February.
    My hair is long enough now to be tied behind my neck in a ponytail. And keeps growing...
    I promised never to have it cut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,563 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thanks God we have ears. What if we hadn't? :D
    We could use popsockets?
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ikrd/this-tiktoker-who-only-has-one-ear-is-going-viral-after

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭josip

I found this very funny

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2021/0130/1194053-long-man-wilmington/

I hope the police are saying one thing, but in reality doing nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

I like most wear a mask as a means to go into a shop to buy stuff to get on with my life not because I think it offers me or others any sort of protection.

But if the shop told you that you must wear hankies over both ears, would you say oh yea, no problem. The mask thing is weird and caustically sardonic, a visible indication of being poor or even heavily indebted.

A robber-bandit effect, and they may say then, even another mask across the eyes. Instead of olde worlde Robinhood, we all now are RobinMask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

the last few times I've been in the shop my mask will become undone in one of my ears because my bloody hair is getting in the way

Annoying, trying to make sure both elastics are behind my ears before going into the shop.

Not as annoying as your mask popping, for both you and others.

Just grab a scissors and cut some of the problematic hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sm3ar wrote: »
    Are Dunne's ok with not wearing masks, as in you won't get someone coming up to you the whole time asking you to wear it?

Not really no. I had staff in 2 Dunnes Stores being strict about masks

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

amandstu wrote: »
    Any views as to if ,when and where it would be useful to wear a face shield in conjunction with a surgical mask?

Listening to Hasseltine on CNN he said he often did this.

It doesn't feel too much of an imposition to me ,although I can see it might pose problems if worn for hours on end.

Sounds ok or you can double mask too which a lot of people are doing.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Absolutely none...

Very true.

They only proved that wearing a mask helps reduce the potential distance of airborne spread.

Which means masks are a great idea.

They have been very clear, it's to reduce any potential asymptomatic or just stupid people symptomatic spread.

Ive worn them for years, often forget they're on my face.

Just get one of the plastic ear loop catchers - there problem solved. Online be delivered in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

But if the shop told you that you must wear hankies over both ears, would you say oh yea, no problem. The mask thing is weird and caustically sardonic, a visible indication of being poor or even heavily indebted.

A robber-bandit effect, and they may say then, even another mask across the eyes. Instead of olde worlde Robinhood, we all now are RobinMask.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,563 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40217633.html
    Imagine having to deal with these two idiots.
    120km round trip...no tax...and refusing to wear masks...tossers

gmisk wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40217633.html
    Imagine having to deal with these two idiots.
    120km round trip...no tax...and refusing to wear masks...tossers

God, huge signs at the entrance to wear a mask and they still ignore it. Giving excuses about health reasons, then it was their human right (it's not a human right to infect others).

Ignore those travel restrictions as well with a 60km trip to a shop and then ignore the legal requirement to have car tax... Pretty sure they had zero medical grounds not to wear a mask, they were just being complete dïcks. Hope they get done badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Whatever you think about masks, they’re culturally ingrained in the minds of a lot of people now. It’ll be a long, long time before we are rid of this nonsense. If ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I recommend people to spray their masks for comfort. I use a lemongrass/cedarwood spray or sandalwood/franiincense roll on. Its very soothing to have those smells when using public transport. I use facecoverings one trip only then machine wash over 60, steam iron and spray with scent. Scent can be overpowering so leave to rest afew hours before wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Parachutes wrote: »
    Whatever you think about masks, they’re culturally ingrained in the minds of a lot of people now. It’ll be a long, long time before we are rid of this nonsense. If ever.

What nonsense?

xhomelezz wrote: »
    What nonsense?

Mask wearing

Mask wearing

Oh is it nonsense now to wear one?

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Oh is it now nonsense to wear one?

Well they’re pushing for two masks now, or is it three? I’ve lost count as this stage.

Fact of the matter is the science on masks is up in the air, even the WHO has flip flopped on masks, as they have with lockdowns.

I don’t wear a mask because I think it will genuinely protect myself or others, I do it because you now need to if you want to avail of any amenities of society.

The masks are used by governments as a political football at this point, a visual reminder there is a pandemic happening. Funny how new restrictions always seems to follow new rules regarding masks. A great litmus test to gauge the compliance of the plebs.

And before you harp on about the idiots not wearing one, compliance is near 100% due to businesses and government mandating them. People even drive around in their cars on their own with them on. It’s cultural madness.

Well they’re pushing for two masks now, or is it three? I’ve lost count as this stage.

Fact of the matter is the science on masks is up in the air, even the WHO has flip flopped on masks, as they have with lockdowns.

I don’t wear a mask because I think it will genuinely protect myself or others, I do it because you now need to if you want to avail of any amenities of society.

The masks are used by governments as a political football at this point, a visual reminder there is a pandemic happening. Funny how new restrictions always seems to follow new rules regarding masks. A great litmus test to gauge the compliance of the plebs.

And before you harp on about the idiots not wearing one, compliance is near 100% due to businesses and government mandating them. People even drive around in their cars on their own with them on. It’s cultural madness.

Glad to hear you're wearing a mask !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Great. Confirms the mask mandate is both necessary, and working.

Advertisement