Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

odyssey06 wrote: »
    (ignores some nonsense about lala land and 'state sponsored fear mongering as this isn't the thread for that nonsense)

What does 30 degrees celsius have to do with anything?
    Does that reduce the risk?
    I think that just shows how confused your logic is here.

If you're sitting downwind of the same person for an hour, there's a risk there.

So for the record. You find it reasonable that for example 250 people sitting in the French Open court have to wear masks including the ball boys and girls and everyone? Because of the risk to public health? You see no political show/bull element to this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

So for the record. You find it reasonable that for example 250 people sitting in the French Open court have to wear masks including the ball boys and girls and everyone? Because of the risk to public health?

So for the record, your just placing a few buffer posts to dilute your claim that the Irish mask mandate expired?

Once again, you misread it or posted falsely, which was it?

Seanergy wrote: »
    So for the record, your just placing a few buffer posts to dilute your claim that the Irish mask mandate expired?

Once again, you misread it or posted falsely, which was it?

Erm, that is quite funny. because that expiry discussion was someone else entirely. I guess it would be cheap if I threw that 'which was it' line right back at you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,975 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So for the record. You find it reasonable that for example 250 people sitting in the French Open court have to wear masks including the ball boys and girls and everyone? Because of the risk to public health? You see no political show/bull element to this at all?

The spectators for the reasons already outlined, if that's deemed a risk I understand why.

The ball boys should be treated more like active participants imo but you'll have to ask the French authorities or share their reasons for it. I wouldn't read anything into it of any wider signifiance for masks, other than what happens when any kind of public health advice or indeed regulations meets bureaucracy.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The spectators for the reasons already outlined, if that's deemed a risk I understand why.

The ball boys should be treated more like active participants imo but you'll have to ask the French authorities or share their reasons for it. I wouldn't read anything into it of any wider signifiance for masks, other than what happens when any kind of public health advice or indeed regulations meets bureaucracy.

Masks outside, with distancing (10% capacity)...

Then there is no point discussing it with you. You and I, we're just too far apart on this and will never find common ground.

• Advertisement

Masks outside, with distancing (10% capacity)...

Then there is no point discussing it with you. You and I, we're just too far apart on this and will never find common ground.

There's no discussion in this thread.

Erm, that is quite funny. because that expiry discussion was someone else entirely. I guess it would be cheap if I threw that 'which was it' line right back at you?

Hands up, confused you with another Anti-mask bluffer.

What's the point in this thread? Is it to debate and discuss masks? Or is anyone and everyone who is against masks, or even questions them, just anti-mask?

Come on man. Can we just do a single line/post without cheap shots and childish name calling? It doesnt do anything for your credibility tbh.

You may think I'm a fool or ignorant or whatever but at least I dont do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    .. some of the population are still behaving as though there's a deadly mass killing virus out there.

Thankfully covid was not that. The only thing we're protecting right now is the waste and inefficiency of the HSE and Tony Holohan's ego.

Gortanna wrote: »
    People genuinely like wearing them.

... a year and some of state sponsored fear mongering

This may be a good time to move the whole thread to the Conspiracy section.

• Advertisement

This may be a good time to move the whole thread to the Conspiracy section.

Or just close it altogether. There's no discussion in this discussion thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

People were complaining about wearing masks in work the other day and I said what if we all just stopped wearing them? They could sack us if they wanted but we are pretty much irreplaceable at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

is anyone and everyone who is against masks...just anti-mask?

f8bmyTHt850E.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

(ignores some nonsense about lala land and 'state sponsored fear mongering as this isn't the thread for that nonsense)

What does 30 degrees celsius have to do with anything?
    Does that reduce the risk?
    I think that just shows how confused your logic is here.

If you're sitting downwind of the same person for an hour, there's a risk there.

No theres not. Show any recent evidence for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    People were complaining about wearing masks in work the other day and I said what if we all just stopped wearing them? They could sack us if they wanted but we are pretty much irreplaceable at the minute.

Everybody is replaceable when it comes to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

We still need to wear masks in shops most people under 40 are not vaccinated,
    I went to McDonald's one person was not wearing a mask,
    She looked about 20 years of age,
    I see people going into small shops not wearing a mask
    All the staff have masks on.
    I saw 5 people giving out food at soup kitchen not wearing any masks
    Are they stupid, they don't look over 40 probably not vaccinated
    Most homeless people do not wear a mask
    Cdc usa says wear masks inside a shop just to be safe
    Hse says it could be November before everyone is vaccinated

f8bmyTHt850E.gif

As I said, they are extremely popular in Ireland. Not just in Ireland, by the way. In other countries too. I don't think that's a strange thing to say. People wear them when alone in their car, when alone in the countryside. Just read through this thread. Anyone who questions muzzles is met with hostility.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anyone who questions muzzles is met with hostility.

Ugh you're one of those.

Could you enlighten us as to the function of a muzzle?

Thx.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

As I said, they are extremely popular in Ireland. Not just in Ireland, by the way. In other countries too. I don't think that's a strange thing to say. People wear them when alone in their car, when alone in the countryside. Just read through this thread. Anyone who questions muzzles is met with hostility.

Don't post in this thread again

Who in the right mind likes to wear face masks?

Working and sweating all day and having to wear a face mask as well?

No one likes it. But maybe we see the benefit of wearing masks. To help with limiting transmission. Not to be responsible for increasing covid cases and close businesses again.

• Advertisement

Come on man. Can we just do a single line/post without cheap shots and childish name calling? It doesnt do anything for your credibility tbh.

You may think I'm a fool or ignorant or whatever but at least I dont do that.

Now I remembered how we met, nearly a year ago(Masks Part1 #4122 ) you were calling those advocating for masks irrational whist also presenting falsehoods as fact.
    What I don't get about the people advocating for masks is the irrationality of it.

We have been out in the supermarkets for months during the 'height' of the Irish crisis with no supermarket staff getting infected.

Is there a chance that you guys are just freaked out a bit more so than having rational thoughts on the matter?
    Excuse me if I park my credibility when it comes to your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Everybody is replaceable when it comes to work.

Tell that to my boss who cannot replace even 1 of the 4 that left over the lockdown.

Tell that to my boss who cannot replace even 1 of the 4 that left over the lockdown.

You're boss is too cheap and knows the rest of you will pick up the pieces for the lack of staff. If everyone walked out, see how long it will take them to find staff or their business fails. Don't put others at risk by dumping the face masks, that's just awful advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

The whole covid thing has long since drifted into lala-land. After a year and some of state sponsored fear mongering I dont even blame Joe and Mary for wanting it to continue.

I just wonder though. If xxxhomelezz or odyssey watched the Euros and they see a stadium in Baku or wherever or they watch the tennis or they golf or whatever and see them at 10% or 15% capacity and people wearing masks and subs wearing masks and ball boys/girls wearing masks in 30 degrees celsius outside.

Would it not strike them that there has to be large element of bull to this?

Honestly I don't know. I'm not watching any of that. If I watch any sport events, it's something like basketball and ice hockey. Think you need to fix your keyboard, x button is getting stuck, unless there's problem with your finger.

Just imagine, in those scenarios you've outlined in your post, there's outbreak of infection. Isn't it better for organizers to mandate masks? If there was noone wearing them and suddenly outbreak happens, what would be the outcome? No fans allowed to be there again maybe?

After reading your posts for a good while, I think you are steadily drifting to lala-land yourself.

Now I remembered how we met, nearly a year ago(Masks Part1 #4122 ) you were calling those advocating for masks irrational whist also presenting falsehoods as fact.

Excuse me if I park my credibility when it comes to your posts.

You just cant let it go can you?

Even when being called out for name calling you trawl someone's post history for the most (in your opinion) offensive post. And guess what still no name calling here. And no falsehood either btw.

You are a petty knob. Now thats name calling.

Now I'm ging to get banned from this thread (or more) for a day (or more) and you can simmer away here in your little safe space. Everyone is happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

May you have fair winds and following seas

depositphotos_202653898-stock-photo-young-man-navigate-paper-boat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Mask wearing has completely stopped in my workplace. It was becoming less frequent day by day, then once it became clear that nobody cared everybody just stopped bothering about it.

Keeping our distance, hand cleaning, screens and antigen tests all continue to be used but the masks were never popular and no surprise that people dropped them first chance they got. I find it extremely hard to believe that in the wider population people actively like wearing the things.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,975 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Mask wearing has completely stopped in my workplace. It was becoming less frequent day by day, then once it became clear that nobody cared everybody just stopped bothering about it.
    Keeping our distance, hand cleaning, screens and antigen tests all continue to be used but the masks were never popular and no surprise that people dropped them first chance they got. I find it extremely hard to believe that in the wider population people actively like wearing the things.

Does anyone like using hand sanitiser? Or being antigen tested?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

When are nphet going to say it's ok to take off masks?
    My guess is they will never say it. It's up to individuals now to stop the charade.

• Advertisement

When are nphet going to say it's ok to take off masks?
    My guess is they will never say it. It's up to individuals now to stop the charade.

Maybe when everyone gets vaccinated? You know how they haven't done half the population yet, we must all still follow the rules until younger people are vaccinated.

Advertisement