Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I know many people who wear the mask in their cars, alone, or in their homes, sometimes alone too, in other situations when they clearly never meet anyone. Despite this, they still wear a mask, and when you ask them why they answer they feel good and it isn't a problem for them.

So yes, someone likes to wear them.

It's simple, if you are planning to visit three or four shops, no point to take the mask off in between. Smart way, much smarter than to be fiddling with mask every 5 minutes. That's why you see people in the car with the mask on. There are usually simple explanations, no need to post wild speculations as it's happening in your other posts.

And good luck with staring into the windows and checking if peeps are wearing masks or not, a bit weird isn't it.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Ah go away with your useless masks, people are sick of them.

Ah another spokesperson for 'people'.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    The worst I've seen is someone in the countryside wearing a mask in the garden.

Good practice when you spray weedkiller.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Ah another spokesperson for 'people'.

Power to the people

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've pretty much stopped wearing one, I've a special needs child he needs to be able to see my face to communicate. Two nosy ***** said something to me over the last month but told them to mind their own. Staff don't really care and I haven't been refused entry anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

The only people who, arguably, 'love masks' - the ones working actively on extending the mask mandate as long as possible - are the antivaxxers and the Covid deniers.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

The only people who, arguably, 'love masks' - the ones working actively on extending the mask mandate as long as possible - are the antivaxxers and the Covid deniers.

Wut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

It's simple, if you are planning to visit three or four shops, no point to take the mask off in between. Smart way, much smarter than to be fiddling with mask every 5 minutes. That's why you see people in the car with the mask on. There are usually simple explanations, no need to post wild speculations as it's happening in your other posts.

Or they are going to work and wear their masks on the way out to work rather than wearing them before entering their workplace, like someone I know, some of my colleague.
    And good luck with staring into the windows and checking if peeps are wearing masks or not, a bit weird isn't it.

The only weird ones here are those who come to conclusions without even knowing. Where did I say that I peep into others' windows?

Or they are going to work and wear their masks on the way out to work rather than wearing them before entering their workplace, like someone I know, some of my colleague.

The only weird ones here are those who come to conclusions without even knowing. Where did I say that I peep into others' windows?

How else would you know they wearing mask inside the house, even when they are on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Bondi AUS have introduced a 5 day public transport mask mandate.

https://twitter.com/andrewflood/status/1406847893722517505

• Advertisement

How else would you know they wearing mask inside the house, even when they are on their own?

You all keep missing the part "I know them", so I know who they are and how they live. No need to peep inside their windows, it's enough to pass by their houses and see them there, on the door, or within their property.
    Is that clear enough now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

You all keep missing the part "I know them", so I know who they are and how they live. No need to peep inside their windows, it's enough to pass by their houses and see them there, on the door, or within their property.
    Is that clear enough now?

So you pass by their house and just presume they love wearing masks? How do you know they're not back from the shop/post office/wherever for example or getting ready to go to the shop/post office/wherever?

Or do you stalk them that much that you know their every move? Very odd behaviour.

So you pass by their house and just presume they love wearing masks? How do you know they're not back from the shop/post office/wherever for example or getting ready to go to the shop/post office/wherever?

Or do you stalk them that much that you know their every move? Very odd behaviour.

Very early in the morning, or late at night, right they're going or back from shopping.
    I didn't know you were a neighbour of mine and knew everything of my area and people's habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The masks have taken over the google homepage

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Very early in the morning, or late at night, right they're going or back from shopping.
    I didn't know you were a neighbour of mine and knew everything of my area and people's habits.

Your posts keep getting creepier. You're out watching neighbours early in the morning and late at night?

Seanergy wrote: »
    Bondi AUS have introduced a 5 day public transport mask mandate.

https://twitter.com/andrewflood/status/1406847893722517505

Is the rest of the world still going with 15 minutes face-to-face?

Your posts keep getting creepier. You're out watching neighbours early in the morning and late at night?

Alright, you need someone that explains things to you. You can't do that on your own, this is clear.
    Best of luck!

Alright, you need someone that explains things to you. You can't do that on your own, this is clear.
    Best of luck!

It's very clear what you are saying. You watch your neighbours at all hours to figure out that they like wearing face masks in their own home. You are the only person with odd behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I propose this thread should be closed. It defies the meaning of its title anyway. Its the mask appreciation thread. Not the mask or not thread.
    And everything that can be said has been said so all it leads to now are frustrated little spats.

I propose this thread should be closed. It defies the meaning of its title anyway. Its the mask appreciation thread. Not the mask or not thread.
    And everything that can be said has been said so all it leads to now are frustrated little spats.

It shouldn't be closed. You still have people who do not understand what is going on and why masks help with all this. Covid comes out of the mouth and nose from people who have symptoms and who are asymptomatic and people are still questioning why we cover our mouths and nose.

• Advertisement

Thread title is To Mask or not to.

You are getting as much space as you want (as anyone else) to convince whoever you want that masks are not needed anymore. Don't really get why would you propose for this thread to be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

Just for completeness' sake, there are scenarios when wearing a mask at home makes sense, like when a family member receives chemo, is immunosuppressed, has MS etc.

For some of these scenarios, it's double dangerous for the affected people, because, while some immunosuppressed can theoretically get vaccinated, the vaccine is ineffective (immune system can't produce the antibodies..), and they are weakened due to their condition.

Seanergy wrote: »
    Sure we are all mad here.

Mad with caution/kindness or mad with selfishness/disregard seems to be the question.

Cork's anti-mask granny got cheered and clapped outa of the courtroom this week, not to mentioned given the fair play comments on here. She may well have mental issues so maybe the anti-mask should hold back praising her.

Ms Buttimer was in court again lasy week where she pleaded guilty to two further charges of refusing to wear a mask.

Judge has adjourned on the request of her defence lawyer so that she can be medically assessed and he remanded her on bail to appear again on July 12th.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/woman-66-pleads-guilty-to-breaches-of-covid-19-regulations-1.4593275

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Terry..

When will the masks come off in the workplace

Is there a date for that ?

Terry.. wrote: »
    When will the masks come off in the workplace

Is there a date for that ?

Not with this Delta variant around unfortunately. People picking up covid after passing each other in a shopping centre in Sydney. They weren't wearing face masks. And now we have a Delta plus variant. I think masks are with us as long as they are unsure and trying to figure the whole thing out.

Is the rest of the world still going with 15 minutes face-to-face?

Pretty much, the universal GP allotted time.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

I work in retail currently and have asthma. I was doing ok up until the last few months and I am finding now after the 8+ hours if wearing the mask I am having awful trouble breathing often having to go into the back to gasp for air and wheezing regularly. I've had covid tests etc and am negative.

I'm just wondering tho if I were to ask my GP for the mask medical exemption can I be charged? Cause I know being referred for a test etc is free but I've no medical card and €50+ for a letter is something I couldn't afford for the moment

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm just wondering tho if I were to ask my GP for the mask medical exemption can I be charged? Cause I know being referred for a test etc is free but I've no medical card and €50+ for a letter is something I couldn't afford for the moment

Id be surprised if you weren't charged for a visit for the letter.

What fee would you be charged for a regular sick note?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I work in retail currently and have asthma. I was doing ok up until the last few months and I am finding now after the 8+ hours if wearing the mask I am having awful trouble breathing often having to go into the back to gasp for air and wheezing regularly. I've had covid tests etc and am negative.

Thanks

Talk to your pharmacists about the masks. They may be able to advise you of one that doesn't impact your breathing. Your gp should also be able to do this but as you stated it may cost you.
    You should probably talk to them. Especially if you are going short of breath.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

Advertisement