Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭saabsaab

moonage wrote: »
    In the article I linked to earlier, Dr. Malcolm Kendrick estimated a maximun of 1,000 Covid deaths for the UK.

That would work out at less than 80 for Ireland. Is that an "acceptable" number?

Dr. Malcolm Kendrick:

There are already closing on 2,000 dead in the Island in a lockdown and controlled opening up. How on Earth could herd immunity be achieved with only 80 deaths?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

saabsaab wrote: »
    There are already closing on 2,000 dead in the Island in a lockdown and controlled opening up. How on Earth could herd immunity be achieved with only 80 deaths?

That's how some clowns do the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So yesterday I was in my local Lidl and there was a young lad in there wearing I kid you not a fecking dust mask used in construction and nor designed in anyway to stop viruses getting in or out. I was going to say something but did not in the end although when I seen what they were buying drink cans I thought about getting some of the Therapie masks and saying buy them to them and that would be better for you than some cheap nasty drink.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Let's play a game: how many masks do you see on this packed crowd?

Outside Wetherspoons at the 40 Foot tonight

kaxv2bjsgzn51.jpg
    They are O-U-T-S-I-D-E. No mask requirement.

is_that_so wrote: »

A bit packed up, don't you think so

• Advertisement

xhomelezz wrote: »
    A bit packed up, don't you think so
    People outside having fun, it's a human thing so no not for me to judge. Not a group I'd be part of because it's Wetherspoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

People outside having fun, it's a human thing so no not for me to judge. Not a group I'd be part of because it's Wetherspoons!

See how much fun they will be having when they catch Covid-19 for there stupidity.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I can have fun outside too, without bs on the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭alentejo

AMKC wrote: »
    So yesterday I was in my local Lidl and there was a young lad in there wearing I kid you not a fecking dust mask used in construction and nor designed in anyway to stop viruses getting in or out. I was going to say something but did not in the end although when I seen what they were buying drink cans I thought about getting some of the Therapie masks and saying buy them to them and that would be better for you than some cheap nasty drink.
    I think the requirement is for a face covering which covers your noise and mouth.

See how much fun they will be having when they catch Covid-19 for there stupidity.

With their luck of stupid, it won't affect them. It will affect the spread into different settings. So it will affect restrictions, so it will have impact on local business. Not even mentioning sick people, cuz I would be talking fear and hysteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

And what business of yours was it really. The young lad is free to buy whatever he wants in the shop.

I can guarantee that his construction dust mask as you put it would have a certain particle filtration unlike the thousands of unregulated face coverings been used

This is the opinionated bullsh1t that’s being created by all this mask business.

And what business of yours was it really. The young lad is free to buy whatever he wants in the shop.

I can guarantee that his construction dust mask as you put it would have a certain particle filtration unlike the thousands of unregulated face coverings been used

This is the opinionated bullsh1t that’s being created by all this mask business.

Agree with that, construction dust masks have usually good particle filtration. That last sentence is a bit of crap tho. Doubt it's the way most of us are looking at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I bet you sounded so tough when you said it to him in your head!! Pathetic.

Well you sound so tough yourself buddy. Pathetic goes your way imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Speaking of pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any good tips recommendations for maskne please?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭seekers

Zarco wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of women with just the face shield, is it a fashion thing?

Thought the shield on its own isn't enough

I think the shield also creates a more physical barrier when meeting people.

Quite well I'd say. Even with all the fantastic mask wearing we've nearly 400 new cases today.

Yeah nice. But doubt it's masks connected. You might just rethink that idea.

I can have fun outside too, without bs on the photo.
    You want to see BS in the photo. I just see a mobile shot at a distance in the dark of some people outside. Looking down a beach today I could see it was alarmingly full, except it really wasn't when you looked at other natural features closer to people.

Yeah nice. But doubt it's masks connected. You might just rethink that idea.
    Masks are really to let people out and about, in the vast majority of locations they are low risk environments but they are of no great use to you if there's a family group hug and an infection present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

So if a large group of people congregate O-U-T-S-I-D-E and aren't keeping the required 2 metres apart, it's fine because the virus only transmits I-N-D-O-O-R-S?

You want to see BS in the photo. I just see a mobile shot at a distance in the dark of some people outside. Looking down a beach today I could see it was alarmingly full, except it really wasn't when you looked at other natural features closer to people.

Ah ok, no problem. I see something, you see something. We see something different both of us. I had lovely BBQ with couple of my friends this afternoon, home brew beer, and no need whatsoever to be sitting on the top of each other(like the photo). But sure fun is fun.

Masks are really to let people out and about, in the vast majority of locations they are low risk environments but they are of no great use to you if there's a family group hug and an infection present.

I'm sorry, but lost in this one.

Tork wrote: »
    So if a large group of people congregate O-U-T-S-I-D-E and aren't keeping the required 2 metres apart, it's fine because the virus only transmits I-N-D-O-O-R-S?

Of course, who would think about the spread outdoors, it's safe, doesn't matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

Quite well I'd say. Even with all the fantastic mask wearing we've nearly 400 new cases today.

The problem is we don't have fantastic mask wearing, or fantastic social distancing and I'd hazard a guess we've no fantastic hand washing either.

If we had maybe we wouldn't have today's fantastic numbers.

Again you're basing your opinion on a grainy photo at a distance in the dark. Can't say either of these two topics cross my mind - doing all the right things as are all of those around me and I believe the majority of the populace. This is pure social media outrage fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

kaxv2bjsgzn51.jpg

Maybe one of us needs to go to Specsavers.

kaxv2bjsgzn51.jpg

Maybe one of us needs to go to Specsavers.
    And maybe one of us needs to stop incessantly obsessing over what complete strangers are doing with their lives.

And maybe one of us needs to stop incessantly obsessing over what complete strangers are doing with their lives.

Or you might have another look at the photo. If it's real one. If it is, goes against any restrictions in play at the moment. I don't mind if certain percentage of population need this kind of FUN, just do it when all this shīte is over.

• Advertisement

railer201 wrote: »
    The problem is we don't have fantastic mask wearing, or fantastic social distancing and I'd hazard a guess we've no fantastic hand washing either.

If we had maybe we wouldn't have today's fantastic numbers.

That's about it. But some posters will come up with better fantastic ideas. Cuz to keep basics on is just too boring.

Advertisement