Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

is_that_so wrote: »
    And maybe one of us needs to stop incessantly obsessing over what complete strangers are doing with their lives.

If I am, in your words, incessantly obsessing over the behaviour of complete strangers, so are you. Just in a different way. We both feel strongly enough about mask wearing that we're both posting on this thread. So if I'm obsessed, you're obsessed.

And why shouldn't I have an opinion on a photo like this? Like just about everybody else in this country, Covid-19 has affected my 2020 and I'm sick of all the measures I have to take in order to do my bit. It's the complete strangers not bothering to take precautions who are ruining things for everyone. We wouldn't have the number of cases we have now if people were being more careful. Even if you genuinely believe everybody in this photo is doing the right thing and keeping 2m apart from the others, I've seen enough examples in real life to know my eyes are working fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Or you might have another look at the photo. If it's real one. If it is, goes against any restrictions in play at the moment. I don't mind if certain percentage of population need this kind of FUN, just do it when all this shīte is over.

Why do people care if others break the guidelines. If you follow them then you are safe why worry about people other than yourself.

GT89 wrote: »
    Why do people care if others break the guidelines. If you follow them then you are safe why worry about people other than yourself.

You understand how Covid spreads, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

You have no idea, do you.

Tork wrote: »
    You understand how Covid spreads, right?

Stay at home and you wont get it. If not then stop complaining simple really.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's people like you who should stay at home. Then you won't have to whine about wearing a mask all day.

Stupid argument isn't it. Anyway I'm dying to post my favourite doom patrol moment. Enjoy :D

What if you find yourself staying at home. Cuz you'll have to. What level of complaining you'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I dont see the point of wearing a mask in a big store like Tesco nor even in a small shop that has a screen up to protect workers and limits the numbers entering. When we got cases down we didn't wear masks and the big supermarkets weren't causing big outbreaks. Social distancing worked well in these businesses.

On public transport obviously it's worth doing it.

What if you find yourself staying at home. Cuz you'll have to. What level of complaining you'll do.

I wont be staying at home thank you very much

• Advertisement

What gives you the right to tell other people they should stay at home anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I think he's trying to be all controversial and edgy...probably trying to impress someone in his class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Let him go. It's just bluster.

I wont be staying at home thank you very much

Well you might have to at some stage. Honestly would love to see ignorant tools to be locked up. Yeah I know, will never happen. That's the world we live in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I dont see the point of wearing a mask in a big store like Tesco nor even in a small shop that has a screen up to protect workers and limits the numbers entering. When we got cases down we didn't wear masks and the big supermarkets weren't causing big outbreaks. Social distancing worked well in these businesses.

On public transport obviously it's worth doing it.

What about it being airborne? Small particles that lingers in the air. Is there not a benefit to holding in your germs and not infecting someone else where you don't know how it will affect them? (I know, a highly selfish question I asked).

Well you might have to at some stage. Honestly would love to see ignorant tools to be locked up. Yeah I know, will never happen. That's the world we live in.

Locked up for what exactly? Having a different opinion to you?

If there's another lockdown I won't be abiding by it and know many who won't either unless there is full blown martial law. Abided by the last lockdown and 2km/5km restrictions this time I won't be. There are ways of getting around it which were there last time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Locked up for what exactly? Having a different opinion to you?

If there's another lockdown I won't be abiding by it and know many who won't either unless there is full blown martial law. Abided by the last lockdown and 2km/5km restrictions this time I won't be. There are ways of getting around it which were there last time.

Thanks to absolutey moronic attitudes like this that may well happen .Cop the **** on and stop behaving like a spoiled child while you still have the choice. Mask up or else stay the **** at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Thanks to absolutey moronic attitudes like this that may well happen .Cop the **** on and stop your moronic attitude and behaviour while you still have the choice. Mask up or else stay the **** at home.

It doesn’t matter one bit if someone drives 20 miles to the beach for a walk. No one is going to catch Covid that way.

It doesn’t matter one bit if someone drives 20 miles to the beach for a walk. No one is going to catch Covid that way.

And if many other people have the same idea and do the same thing and don`t social distance or wear masks? What do you think the outcome will be then?

Thanks to absolutey moronic attitudes like this that may well happen .Cop the **** on and stop behaving like a spoiled child while you still have the choice. Mask up or else stay the **** at home.

Whether you like it or not more and more people will break the regulations the longer this goes on. The point will eventually come where nobody could give a sh1t about covid and only a small minority which you'll likely be a member of will still bang on about it.

I already wear a mask in shops and on public transport anyway just to keep the peace really. Like 99% of people I don't wear one outdoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Whether you like it or not more and more people will break the regulations the longer this goes on. The point will eventually come where nobody could give a sh1t about covid and only a small minority which you'll likely be a member of will still bang on about it.
    I hope you arent one of the people "worrying" about the economy. That realllly would make you look odd.

Only in your delusional ostrich mind pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Only in your delusional ostrich mind pal.

A LOT more people are fed up with lockdown now. Friends of mine who would have argued with me before are agreeing with me now that a lockdown is pointless. I won’t be sticking to this one. On my way to Drogheda shopping in an hour or two. Will be hitting Carlow Wednesday for a pub crawl. You can stay under your bed.

A LOT more people are fed up with lockdown now. Friends of mine who would have argued with me before are agreeing with me now that a lockdown is pointless. I won’t be sticking to this one. On my way to Drogheda shopping in an hour or two. Will be hitting Carlow Wednesday for a pub crawl. You can stay under your bed.

Enjoy your pub crawl while you still can. I would think it will be very short lived due to selfish moronic irrresponsibe behavior such as this from you and other ****ing clowns like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Lockdown or restrictions or whatever you want to call it is the biggest load of horsemanure bullsh1t

Take Dublin restrictions at level 3 or 3.5 whatever the hell its supposed to be.

It useless and completely wasting time.

If your going to allow people from all over the country travel for work purposes

I doubt very much the virus is so intelligent that it can differentiate between a workplace or a pub restaurant or shop.

You either lock the whole thing down or you don’t.

It’s absolutely a complete joke and people actually believe in this sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Enjoy your pub crawl while you still can. I would think it will be very short lived due to selfish moronic irrresponsibe behavior such as this from you and other ****ing clowns like you.

Calm down dear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I already wear a mask in shops and on public transport anyway just to keep the peace really. Like 99% of people I don't wear one outdoors.

Cool

Kinda the whole point of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Im an average sized man, but the face mask seem too small as its ride off my nose when I talk.

i bought what I thought were good cloth multilayered masks... with strong nose bars but my chins pulls it down off my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭amandstu

Im an average sized man, but the face mask seem too small as its ride off my nose when I talk.

i bought what I thought were good cloth multilayered masks... with strong nose bars but my chins pulls it down off my nose.
    Is there a sticky as to how to correctly wear a mask ?
    Personally I have a stock of about 20. I remove it after each episode when I need it and take another fresh one the next time (keeping all the old ones in a dry ,safe place and airing them again a few days later before reuse)

I think it is important not to touch the front of the mask and also to sanitize hands before and after replacing .

But I don't see any up to date tutorials and would appreciate if there was some discussion and instruction somewhere of the dos and donts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Sconsey wrote: »

Not proper peer reviewed studies, there is a science in measuring the validity of studies, can't rememeber what it is called but studies can be rated on how objective/accurate/valid they are.

You might be referring to the Hierarchy of Evidence? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_evidence#:~:text=A%20hierarchy%20of%20evidence%20(or,proposed%20for%20assessing%20medical%20evidence.

Advertisement