Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

I wonder how Seanergy is taking the news. Thoughts and prayers Hun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Wow you seem to know more about this whole thing than an actual consultant in infectious diseases and general medicine. What are your credentials by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It'll take people a while to adjust. Its been 2 years.

For the last few weeks there have been thousands of conspiraloonies mending relationships theyve damaged over the last 2 years.

Apologising to their sheeple friends and family. Humble pie being eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Why does there have to be this big debate over everything to do with Covid? If they decide to lift the rules on mask wearing and leave it up to people to decide whether to wear a mask or not then so be it. If people want to wear a mask then go ahead and if they don't then that's ok. I'm not a big fan of wearing a mask but for me if I am on a packed train where there are people squashed into the carriages then yeah I will wear mask. I don't see the harm in it and if stops me catching a cold then great, that is the only time I would consider wearing a mask. As I have said before some of the rules on mask wearing were ridiculous like having to put a mask on when you go into the shop to pay for your petrol were you would be in and out of the shop in less than a minute.

People need to really take a step back and just people make their own decisions and no one should be judged for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭VG31

I really dislike masks but I might still wear a mask on packed public transport, in winter at least.

I'm glad masks aren't remaining mandatory on public transport. My local bus route is usually quiet and < 10 people upstairs is normal outside peak times. I really don't see the use in wearing a mask in situations like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Maxface

Brilliant news. I hate the things. It is very strange though, at the start of all this you would get looks for wearing one and then the sea change came and you got looks for not wearing one and now you won't have to and almost all won't and the one's that do will probably get looks for still wearing one. Makes no odds to me if someone keeps it on but for me it is gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

I just did a celebratory lap of the local Tesco, facially naked of course.... Not a word said.

Sweet, sweet freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I’ll adjust straight away as I rarely wore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Exactly they knew exactly what they were going to do without meeting just like all previous meetings they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That little garden gnome Paul Murphy was on saying mask wearing should still remain in place.

Its well time now to leave it as a personal choice to keep wearing them or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cork2021

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Listen pal, I'm a teacher ............

Great opening...pal. Teacher? Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I am a teacher ffs. Check my post history. Sorry for using the word pal, I forgot teachers are not allowed be normal.

Generally if you don’t agree with the prevailing view (and on this one it was the hysterical teacher unions), they try to discredit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The unions represent teachers as they pay their dues to the unions. No hiding from that. It's tiresome seeing teachers pretending unions don't represent them when they very much do.

Ok whatever you say so.

I have paid my union fee as I was afraid of getting shafted along the torturous route to getting a permanent job.

Over the past two years I’ve been disgusted with my union and taking a small sample size of some of my colleagues, they also feel the same. Technically you’re correct, unions do represent teachers but I really don’t think they represent the views of teachers at all. I haven’t once been polled on an issue in relation to covid closures or restrictions. Most of which I’ve disagreed with.

The latest stunt to pull the plug after Xmas was nothing short of disgraceful and any teacher I spoke with disagreed with it.

I will be reconsidering my ASTI membership for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I'm certainly not interested in your post history. But sure you are a teacher.

Wow great contribution. What would we do without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭political analyst

How about making your voice heard at ASTI branch meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So you don't agree with your union on many issues, your colleagues feel the same, you don't think they represent your views but the most you're willing to do is reconsider your membership next year. No wonder the unions come out with all this nonsense as none of their members are willing to challenge what they are doing or saying and are therefore effectively endorsing their ridiculous stances.

• Advertisement

Not ASTI here, but INTO staff rep in my school. Last 3 virtual district meetings since Xmas have allowed no questions or motions on Covid and measures to be taken. This in the same period the INTO have campaigned for school closures and continued masks.

Teachers voices haven’t been heard in the union during this - and that’s even during union meetings. The teacher on the ground paying their union sub without even realising for ‘legal protection if something ever goes wrong’ has even less of a say.

The disconnect between union staff and workers is off the scale at the moment. I’d be a big union person, had family involved in them etc, would be fairly left leaning, would look admirably at some other unions. But the teaching unions have shut up shop, were led down an extremist path, and have consistently backed the wrong horse during Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Going to be really important in seeing the mask wearers after its done, to see who collaborated on who locked us down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Won't last long. Most of these people are more concerned with fitting in and "doing the right thing" than anything else.

Once the majority of people have ditched masks in the first few days, these others will quietly put theirs away too - as we've seen by the commentary from them in the media and online, they don't like anything different and they certainly won't want to stand out.

We have to be among the most servile populations on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

This entire charade with the unions comes across very sinister at this point. Have little brown envelopes made it into the hands of the whiter than white teachers unions. The teachers who they claim to represent want to ditch the mask madness (I’ve personally spoken to five in the last week) so what’s really going on ? ISAG have stooped low in the past so nothing would surprise me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Going to be really important to watch those collaborators who washed their hands as well! They have to be even worse! I mean traitors to their own people. *shakes (dirty) fist and organises pike wielding mob* 🙄

Post edited by Mecanudo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Funny that the bed wetters followed NPHET's advice to the bitter end but now that advice from NPHET to remove masks is being met with outrage and terror.

Two years of virtue signalling and curtain twitching has come to an end for them.

Odd people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Ah come off it. "Outrage and terror" Lol.

Have to say the bizarre descriptions in this thread are worth every penny.

Out of interest could you tell me how these various outraged and terror stricten denizens are managing all that curtain twitching from their urine soaked beds? But perhaps more importantly what exactly are you doing in other people's houses watching their domestic arrangements in the first place?

Post edited by Mecanudo on

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Well at least we should see an end to posts like this, with their fetish for bed wetting, curtains and really bad clichés.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

None of this matters anymore, including what consultants think. Mask wearing will be based on personal choice and public health guidance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

Common sense.

I don't care what her credentials are, I have 3x vaccinnes and keep healthy, I am not going to continue suffocating myself on a half empty bus because she is hysterical.

Again - you yourself are more than welcome to continue wearing as many masks as you wish.

Advertisement