Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    What sort of an idiot doesnt want to protect themselves?. In all seriousness people like you should be refused medial care if/when you do catch the virus
    Thus speaks a reasoned member of the plain people of Ireland!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

GT89 wrote: »
    If others are wearing their masks they are safe surely?

Do we have to remind you again.

The main purpose of masks is to prevent people spreading the virus.

Honestly, it's really not that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Because I find a mask uncomfortable and I want immunity to it aswell.

Such a selfish outlook. I hope you arent setting an example to kids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Graham wrote: »
    Do we have to remind you again.

The main purpose of masks is to prevent people spreading the virus.

Honestly, it's really not that difficult.

Hes an obvious idiot/troll. Can you not just weed people like this poster out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Because I find a mask uncomfortable and I want immunity to it aswell.

Immunity to what? Wearing a mask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

There is no proof that catching the virus gives immunity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

And as you stated previously you don`t care about protecting the vulnerable. So by that logic if you or anyone close to you does get sick from contracting Covid then you won`t be too concerned about receiving medical treatment. Right?

You know people can make their own decisions. I'm not against masks I'm against the government making decisions for me on my behalf. I want to be you know allowed to make my own decisions. I think the elderly and vulnerable should also be allowed make their own decisions.

You know people can make their own decisions. I'm not against masks I'm against the government making decisions for me on my behalf. I want to be you know allowed to make my own decisions. I think the elderly and vulnerable should also be allowed make their own decisions.
    By not wearing a mask, you make decisions on behalf of everyone else.

You know people can make their own decisions.

Current health legislation suggests otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

I should be allowed put myself at risk if I so happen to wish. Tbh I couldn't care less about getting covid as I'm healthy and so are my family

You have that freedom, but people who contract the virus, either symptomatic or asymptomatic are not entitled to go around killing, maiming or infecting other people, whether they're relatives, friends or anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭This is it

For the most part people seem to be complying with the wearing of masks from what I've seen locally but having just stopped in a shop in Blanchardstown, of a shop with about 15 people in it at least 3 didn't cover their nose, one had the whole thing down around his chin so neither mouth or nose covered and one lad didn't have an mask at all.

Whatever about those that feel they can't wear one at all but the eejits who pretend to wear them are worse again, and look like gobshytes.

railer201 wrote: »
    You have that freedom, but people who contract the virus, either symptomatic or asymptomatic are not entitled to go around killing, maiming or infecting other people, whether they're relatives, friends or anyone else.

Don't those people you mention have the freedom to use their own ways of protecting themselves.

Current health legislation suggests otherwise.

Regulation is not legislation. Notnone person has been arrested for failing to wear a mask the Gardai have no right to instead they will arrest people not wearing a mask for public order offences.

they will arrest people not wearing a mask for public order offences.

that works for me

Don't those people you mention have the freedom to use their own ways of protecting themselves.

Tough sh1t then if Granny hasn't got her mask to hand. Nice one ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Clearly Diabhalta is yet another troll on the loose on this forum.. Not to be taken seriously.

Definition of a troll:

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.

I'm not trolling, I'm serious in what I say. You're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

o1s1n wrote: »
    Why would you rather nobody wore masks? Can you explain the logic behind your reasoning?

And who is 'nobody?' - Joe Public? Office workers? Service industry? Health care workers?

And why exactly would you want them to sneeze into a tissue? To 'catch' certain particles, perhaps?

You do know what a mask is for, right?

Joe Public. I believe they don’t work in any way, shape or form, but give people the belief that they’re safer to get closer to people. Pretty much what Holohan said back in April/May.

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    What sort of an idiot doesnt want to protect themselves?. In all seriousness people like you should be refused medial care if/when you do catch the virus

The vast, vast majority of people who get Covid don’t need any medical intervention.

Tork wrote: »
    There is no proof that catching the virus gives immunity

There is no proof that wearing a mask protests the wearer or anyone else in an uncontrolled environment.

Joe Public. I believe they don’t work in any way, shape or form, but give people the belief that they’re safer to get closer to people. Pretty much what Holohan said back in April/May.

HSE are pro mask now. They even have instructions on how to make your own. Everyone is out of step except my Weldoninhio it appears.

• Advertisement

There is no proof that wearing a mask protests the wearer or anyone else in an uncontrolled environment.

Just that it worked out a treat in the Czech Republic and Slovenia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Can anyone answer this one simple question?

If masks work why have cases gone up since they're usage has been adopted?

Personally since they were introduced I have noticed that social distancing has gone, people back with handshakes and hugs etc, no one seems to use hand sanitiser anymore going into places. Then there is a lot of questionable mask wearing like not covering nose, touching outside and not cleaning hands afterwards. Are people washing them. Are people reusing the disposable masks meant for only one use etc.

Many people seem to think mask is enough. Personally I don’t think a mask alone is enough. You need to be social distancing and good hygiene practices.

That's the thing, a mask is only one tool. I think Covid fatigue has set in and mask wearing may or may not be part of why the other good behaviours have fallen by the wayside. I think complacency, conspiracy theories and other factors need to be taken into account too.

We're heading into the season when people are more likely to have colds and be coughing and sneezing. It'll be interesting to see how people not wearing masks fare then. Especially if any of them cough or sneeze.

So the didn't also lock down?

that works for me

So you support the Gardai making up the law as they go along by getting involved in civil matters is basically what your saying. But it's okay for 80s to swan off to play golf in Clifden and yet that's a civil matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

The vast, vast majority of people who get Covid don’t need any medical intervention.

you could have just said 80%, but you probably didn't know that or any other pertinaint fact. Mind you, maybe you do know and are just up to your usual lies...so it's either a satement based on ignorance or a lie from you.

Wrong....just wrong. But hey, what else was I expecting from an established liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

So you support the Gardai making up the law as they go along by getting involved in civil matters is basically what your saying. But it's okay for 80s to swan off to play golf in Clifden and yet that's a civil matter.

That's some weak-ass argument there, you are on the rocks with your mask strategy so you try to bring in the golf dinner debacle as an argument. Lame attempt at trying to deflect, try harder.

Correlation does not imply causation. Maybe the disease is vulnerable to Slavic languages??

Correlation does not imply causation. Maybe the disease is vulnerable to Slavic languages??

Not necessarily - it can in fact. Absence of proof isn't proof of absence that the wearing of masks didn't play a major part in knocking back the disease in both countries.

Strange though how the deaths per million figures turned out for these mask wearing countries compared to the ROI.

Czechia 51
    Slovenia 69
    ROI 362

• Advertisement

Not necessarily - it can in fact. Absence of proof isn't proof of absence that the wearing of masks didn't play a major part in knocking back the disease in both countries.

Strange though how the deaths per million figures turned out for these mask wearing countries compared to the ROI.

Czechia 51
    Slovenia 69
    ROI 362

But yet we haven't achieved the same results as them since masks were introduced

Advertisement