Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

Sconsey wrote: »
    It took the first seven words of the first sentence to put this in context, thanks for sharing.....

The "fair and balanced" media strikes again. Isn't it amazing to think that 99% of Western media is left wing? A stunning reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I really hate people who wears their face mask under their nose. I mean, it's on your face, how hard is it to cover your damn nose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Dionaibh wrote: »
    The "fair and balanced" media strikes again. Isn't it amazing to think that 99% of Western media is left wing? A stunning reality.

Masks discussion here. No left right middle and conspiracy theories I believe. You seem to not believe in proven facts, which is fine, but why would you hi-jack this thread with your stunning reality?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Interesting thoughts from a Spanish doctor on masks: ...

Surely that is the Spanish branch of Waterford Whispers?

Madrid Murmurs?
    Barcelona Babbling?

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Masks discussion here. No left right middle and conspiracy theories I believe. You seem to not believe in proven facts, which is fine, but why would you hi-jack this thread with your stunning reality?

I posted a link to an article about masks. I only mentioned the media because another poster read something a journalist wrote and said that was enough to discredit the doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I posted an link to an article about masks. I only mentioned the media because another poster read something a journalist wrote and said that was enough to discredit the doctor.

Fine, I read the rest of your article...Jesus I should have stuck with my original opinion....this flute is quoting the size of the virus particles, does he not get that the particles can be trapped in much larger droplets, which are then trapped by masks. Proper nutcase, he claims nobody has died of Covid. What made this article worth reading in your opnion?

I stick with my original statement, not worth reading or listening to a thing this fool is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Tork

Being a doctor doesn't mean every word that comes out of his or her mouth is correct or should be believed. They're no different to every other profession out there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He also claimed that he could prove nobody had ever died from Covid19. I guess that his argument would be similar to claiming that nobody ever died parachuting, because they died from hitting the ground instead.

Sconsey wrote: »
    Fine, I read the rest of your article...Jesus I should have stuck with my original opinion....this flute is quoting the size of the virus particles, does he not get that the particles can be trapped in much larger droplets, which are then trapped by masks. Proper nutcase, he claims nobody has died of Covid. What made this article worth reading in your opnion?

I stick with my original statement, not worth reading or listening to a thing this fool is saying.

Thanks. Strange he doesn't know that about the larger droplets.

I thought it was worth reading because he said he had evidence. I wonder what his evidence is. Would be interesting to examine it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

robinph wrote: »
    He also claimed that he could prove nobody had ever died from Covid19. I guess that his argument would be similar to claiming that nobody ever died parachuting, because they died from hitting the ground instead.

Guns have never killed anyone.

Its the bullets fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

OT:
    For far-right, basically everything is left-wing. So these labels are pointless. And left-right division is wrong, one dimension doesn't reflect properly any political ideology, you need two.

Sorry, and what does this have to do with Covid and masks? Perhaps that there is a correlation between being far-right and being a crackpot/crank/conspiracy theorist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

robinph wrote: »
    Surely that is the Spanish branch of Waterford Whispers?

Madrid Murmurs?
    Barcelona Babbling?

Waterford Whispers is a bastion of quality journalism in comparison to that!

Seriously, that article and statement just make absolutely no sense whatsoever. It’s not even worth responding to.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really want a Kevin Mac Home Alone mask

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really want a Kevin Mac Home Alone mask

Lol if you go on Relaxation of restrictions thread, there's plenty free to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

is_that_so wrote: »
    Sitting in judgement over people you don't know is a waste of energy but some people have discovered they do that a whole lot more now and they like it!

Well that's one thing - it's a comment and not 'a whole lot more" or whatever hyperbole you are throwing in for dramatic effect :pac:

But yeah highlighting the stupidity of somehow thinking something like that is equivalent to a mask is not 'judgement. Its simply is an observation.

Can't remember if these masks were discussed here before, any experience?

https://cambridgemask.com/shop/

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

I'd like to add ventilation to your list. Masks, distancing and ventilation are the most important.

just reckon, if an evil tyrant ran the country and the airplane,or buses and trains ventilators and offices was carbon monoxide how would we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

He claims that no one has died from COVID-19 and that there have been fewer deaths this year than in 2018.

We're supposed to believe that doctors can suddenly cease to know anything about medicine if they go against the narrative. Professor Risch in the US, for example, argues for the use of hydroxychloroquine and because he goes against the war on the drug he is dismissed. This is a distinguished professor and epidemiologist we're talking about. It shows the power of the media.

Deaths Occurring.
    2020 2019 2018 2017 2016
    January 2755 2974 3499 3438 3130
    February 2429 2571 2859 2536 2710
    March 2511 2629 3006 2639 2886
    April 3015 2460 2613 2451 2565
    May 1843 2600 2403 2420 2520

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

xhomelezz wrote:
    Can't remember if these masks were discussed here before, any experience?
    Looks OK.
    Why are they valved though?

McGiver wrote: »
    Looks OK.
    Why are they valved though?

You can get valve deactivator. Was looking at them while ago, but always sold out. There is another brand Vogmask, looks good as well, but used to be sold out till recently too. Just remembered these brands yesterday

https://medium.com/@generalpeople/4-reusable-masks-that-work-732277a726a1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Tork wrote: »

A six second video of an argument with no context. Those damn antimaskers???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Why can't people think or what is going on in stupid people's brains?

Had someone in work (face mask under the nose type) pull the front of their facemask away from their mouth to talk to me. What exactly is a face mask for? There's no need to be pulling the face mask away.

I knocked over furniture in work trying to get away from them quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

xhomelezz wrote: »
    You can get valve deactivator. Was looking at them while ago, but always sold out. There is another brand Vogmask, looks good as well, but used to be sold out till recently too. Just remembered these brands yesterday

https://medium.com/@generalpeople/4-reusable-masks-that-work-732277a726a1

Cambridge are available again. I have one and they are good quality. I'm still tinkering with it to get a perfect fit but I think I just need to adjust extra strap that comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Why can't people think or what is going on in stupid people's brains?

Had someone in work (face mask under the nose type) pull the front of their facemask away from their mouth to talk to me. What exactly is a face mask for? There's no need to be pulling the face mask away.

I knocked over furniture in work trying to get away from them quickly.

I have to deal with the public sometimes in work, the amount of people that remove mask when communicating is shocking.

More education on mask etiquette is definitely needed.

Cambridge are available again. I have one and they are good quality. I'm still tinkering with it to get a perfect fit but I think I just need to adjust extra strap that comes with it.

Thanks for feedback. Gonna give it a go, kept watching those for a good while and always sold out. Gonna get few for myself and kids. Keep safe guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have to deal with the public sometimes in work, the amount of people that remove mask when communicating is shocking.

I think people get it but they choose not to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I just tell them to wear their masks properly . So done with people in work with masks on their chins breathing all over my desk

michellie wrote: »
    I just tell them to wear their masks properly . So done with people in work with masks on their chins breathing all over my desk

The over the mouth but not the nose is daft. Was in to collect some prescriptions during the week and only 50% of the staff were wearing masks, and those that were had them under the nose. They were separated from the public (mostly) and have been the same people working together in the same small space for the entire duration, but you'd still think they would be trying to set a good example.

I think the people pulling the mask down to speak are just doing it as a reflex action and don't realise. They just need to be gently reminded to pay attention and put the mask back on. Don't think they are doing it deliberately or out of ignorance, just being forgetful of why they had the mask on in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Best thing for yourself and appropriately named “Away with the fairies “ is to stay home and hide under the bed for two years.

Falling over furniture to get away from someone who has no mask on is worrying to say the least.

But this is what the media has created mass fear which some will never recover from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

This is what’s completely wrong with masks and the categorising of somebody who doesn’t wear a mask as some sort of lower human

Mask should be a choice and not a means to judge people.

If you want to wear a mask wear it but don’t judge others.

The pro mask high and mighty brigade will be along to proclaim the end of society if you don’t wear a mask or face covering and that your selfish and yada yada yada etc.

Why would you NOT wear a mask indoors if scientifically proven to protect your fellow citizens for God's sake?

Advertisement