Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

odyssey06 wrote: »

Yeah so people are sick in ICU beds? It happens every year. Oh you mean 88 year old granny mary was admitted with heart & kidney failure but they gave her a swab & guess what, She has Covid. So the cause of death will be Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

Wow 1 million dead from walking dogs this year, that is truly shocking.

paul71 wrote: »
    Wow 1 million dead from walking dogs this year, that is truly shocking.

Wow Where did you read that? Have you a source? That's crazy. Good man just keep watching RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,506 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

risteard7 wrote: »
    Wow Where did you read that? Have you a source? That's crazy. Good man just keep watching RTE.

Out of curiosity what do you watch for your news?

pjohnson wrote: »

Certainly not RTE. I see what's going on with my own two eyes. Trust me at the start I bought into it and I was concerned but from working In the area and seeing it every day. It's absolutely shameful what's happening the country

• Advertisement

Good man yourself, are you still indulging in the conspiracy theories of junta governments, I recall your multiple treadbans for spouting nonsense a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,432 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

who you answered is irelevent, you stated shops. You pushed that narrative twice.

You havent proven anything and Ill stick to the medical advise being issued around the globe over someone who cannot debate a subject without trying to shift the posts

Stick to whatever advice you want, I don't recall giving you any.

Are you sure its my posts you meant to respond to?

The Gemma O'Doherty, John Waters patriot freepress I think.

Good man yourself, are you still indulging in the conspiracy theories of junta governments, I recall your multiple treadbans for spouting nonsense a few months ago.

I was never ever banned from a thread? It's not conspiracy, far more people are and will die from other illnesses such as misdiagnosed cancer, suicide ect.

As I keep saying 70+ people in Ireland die everyday but the only important ones on the news are "Covid" deaths.

I was never ever banned from a thread? It's not conspiracy, far more people are and will die from other illnesses such as misdiagnosed cancer, suicide ect.

As I keep saying 70+ people in Ireland die everyday but the only important ones on the news are "Covid" deaths.

Yes you were were for repeatedly telling lies and refusing to answer questions about the your assertion that the Irish government had no right to pass laws because it was in your words a "Junta".

• Advertisement

Yes you were were for repeatedly telling lies and refusing to answer questions about the your assertion that the Irish government had no right to pass laws because it was in your words a "Junta".

Ha! What. Ah here. You must be confused with someone else. What the hell is a Junta?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yeah so people are sick in ICU beds? It happens every year. Oh you mean 88 year old granny mary was admitted with heart & kidney failure but they gave her a swab & guess what, She has Covid. So the cause of death will be Covid.

But I thought the wards are empty apart from all the people struck by lightning walking dogs?
    Your posts are ignorant, wrong and have now become crassly offensive.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave it to the mods to deal with

In this case you have confused this user with another

But I thought the wards are empty apart from all the people struck by lightning walking dogs?
    Your posts are ignorant, wrong and have now become crassly offensive.

Who told you all the wards are full from people struck by lightning? You clearly cant come up with a valid argument. They might be, but it's the truth. If you weren't been dripfed by the scaremongering you might have the courage to look at things differently. And listen to an alternative view.

Michael McNamara TD is he mad as a brush too? He has pulled up the HSE on numerous things. Anyhow good luck. You just cant get through to hypochondriacs

Certainly not RTE. I see what's going on with my own two eyes. Trust me at the start I bought into it and I was concerned but from working In the area and seeing it every day. It's absolutely shameful what's happening the country

So just Jim Corr/GemGem et al. unsurprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Graham wrote: »
    Fortunately most of our population aren't performing surgery.

Just limiting the spread of coronavirus.

When Norway looked at this, it said that at low circulation, the public health consequences were so minimal that it was not clear they worked and, even if they did work, it reckoned about 200,000 people would have to wear a mask fully for a week to prevent one infection.

When Norway looked at this, it said that at low circulation, the public health consequences were so minimal that it was not clear they worked and, even if they did work, it reckoned about 200,000 people would have to wear a mask fully for a week to prevent one infection.

Norway says:

In certain situations where it is impossible to keep a distance of 1 metre from others, face masks are recommended as an additional measure to prevent infection from people with COVID-19 without symptoms when there is an increasing spread of infection.

So just Jim Corr/GemGem et al. unsurprising.

I dont listen to either of those people but if you want to convince yourself I do and it makes you feel better then fair enough

I dont listen to either of those people but if you want to convince yourself I do and it makes you feel better then fair enough

So you just make things up all by yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

It's disheartening to see the Czech Republic on a downward slope given they were on board with masks & other measures since the very start. What happened? I'm completely out of the loop lately.

• Advertisement

So you just make things up all by yourself?

What am I making up??

What am I making up??

The wards were empty.
    Then the wards were full.
    Must have been a bad night for the pandemic of fallen dog walkers.

Cant keep up with the fake news you are making up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I understood mask usage has been increasing since August and is mandatory on public transport around Olso and Norway's prime minister has warned that the gradual re-opening of Norwegian society must now stop.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    It's disheartening to see the Czech Republic on a downward slope given they were on board with masks & other measures since the very start. What happened? I'm completely out of the loop lately.

They lifted restrictions including mask wearing, opened up to travel... let guard down.
    Masks are back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Country was basically fully open over the summer, no restrictions. Government slept in. Well at least our health minister apologized on telly for that. But yeah it's fcuking bad compared to march.

The wards were empty.
    Then the wards were full.
    Must have been a bad night for the pandemic of fallen dog walkers.

Cant keep up with the fake news you are making up.

The dog walkers was sarcasm but you have to be a little bit silly when your dealing with certain people. It is an absolute 100% fact that we have plenty of empty beds in hospitals and far more people die every day from a range of ailments other than covid, now are you going to deny that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They opened up after suppressing virus. Apparently did it slowly and carefully but that seems to be just delaying the inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

They lifted restrictions including mask wearing, opened up to travel... let guard down.
    Masks are back now.

Not only masks

https://www.expats.cz/czech-news/article/czech-republic-coronavirus-updates-october-15-new-record-with-9-544-cases-wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Masks are back now.
    xhomelezz wrote: »
    Country was basically fully open over the summer, no restrictions. Government slept in. Well at least our health minister apologized on telly for that. But yeah it's fcuking bad compared to march.

Oh, oh dear :(

• Advertisement

The dog walkers was sarcasm but you have to be a little bit silly when your dealing with certain people. It is an absolute 100% fact that we have plenty of empty beds in hospitals and far more people die every day from a range of ailments other than covid, now are you going to deny that?

I have no idea wtf you are on about or what your agenda is but I amnt going to indulge your off topic 'sarcsm' anymore.

Advertisement