Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Ha you're right, def two men job

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭pgj2015

endacl wrote: »
    Wearing a mask on your chin is like wearing a condom on your balls.

They probably do. I heard a guy bragging before about not wearing condoms,I said what if you get an std? he says ah sure what can ya do? ah wear one you dumb excuse for a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Brief exercise was advised but this smart guy had to beat the system because he is so clever.

I agree with your general point but this is a very poor example. If the man wanted to cycle round and round all day I can't see the issue.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Beasty wrote: »
    Threads merged

Off topic I know - but taking the opportunity; awesome tag line by your username!!!

• Advertisement

buckwheat wrote: »
    I agree with your general point but this is a very poor example. If the man wanted to cycle round and round all day I can't see the issue.

for some reason we were told exercise had to be brief, this guy wasn't adhering to that. he was half following the rules, like the people dont cover their nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

seems to me that people are looking forward to a next Lockdown; the 'level 5' though, seems very harsh to me. It'd be tremendous if they stop completely this 'mask' thing completely, in November; or at the very least make it a persons' own decision. But, the govt., being evil, make these 'amendments' - with their arrogant intent that they are never revoked and so are the latent power shadow they can arrogantly inflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I thought the HSE want visors banned?

visors are only 50% as effective as masks apparently.

Well I reckon masks are about 0% effective, so half of 0% is 0% so no quantifiable difference, in my opinion of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They probably do. I heard a guy bragging before about not wearing condoms,I said what if you get an std? he says ah sure what can ya do? ah wear one you dumb excuse for a human.

Sex without a condom is a lot better than sex with a condom. As with everything in life, you weigh up the risks and make a decision.

Sex without a condom is a lot better than sex with a condom. As with everything in life, you weigh up the risks and make a decision.

well in my opinion its pretty stupid to have unprotected sex with some one night stand, possibly ending up with an std or a child you have to look after for the next 18+ years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Difference being that having sex without a condom only risks you and the poor sod stupid enough to sleep with you - it can’t risk the next 50 or more people getting pregnant or catching an STD.

Not wearing a mask is a selfish dick move IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

seems to me that people are looking forward to a next Lockdown; the 'level 5' though, seems very harsh to me. It'd be tremendous if they stop completely this 'mask' thing completely, in November; or at the very least make it a persons' own decision. But, the govt., being evil, make these 'amendments' - with their arrogant intent that they are never revoked and so are the latent power shadow they can arrogantly inflict.
    Why do you think the evil government wants to make mask usage compulsory, never to be revoked?

I remember in the previous thread, plenty of whinging that Ireland's cases were so low that masks were no longer required. When it was pointed out that masks are just one preventative measure, these people would dismiss that. With Ireland going back into lockdown, it makes more sense than ever to use masks both during lockdown, and once you start coming out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Have you a doctor's cert for sex without a condom as well? Or is the phony cert only for mask requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

Wibbs wrote: »
    The difference between humans and animals is that we have the ability to not run on instinct and use thought when required.
    Thought and instinct should work together in decisions that directly concern the human body/physiology itself. (Mask-wearing comes under that).
    Not natural. Jesus Christ. No doubt you walk barefoot and naked too. I hate to break it to you, but almost nothing you do or have in your life is "natural".
    A person can choose to prefer what is natural or prefer what's artificial. It is not an either/or but when it comes to health, I prefer what is natural over what is not. You and others may choose differently.

What it comes down to is freedom of choice, as long as someone isn’t overstepping into harming someone else. [and in this particular example, as explained several times, it not going to happen if there's a rational and fair system in place: Masks, suits etc for those who want them, and training in how to use them. None for those who don’t].
    Feelings. Great. That's science done for then.
    I am talking about body-feeling (rather than emotion-feeling like fear, anger etc – same word, different meaning here).

To explain further – if a fire feels hot , that’s not emotion-feeling, it’s a body-feeling. If someone gets near or touches something too hot for the body, the instinct to pull away kicks in immediately– it happens without thinking. It bypasses/ transcends thinking - if the person is healthy and their brain is working as it should, that is.

And you seem to want to deny or suppress that.
    You appear to have a scant acquaintance with logic so it's a tad laughable that you use it as a debate point. You do realise that the vast majority of actual experts including every single health authority on the planet have stated quite clearly that wearing a mask is more about community protection than self protection?
    Logic has nothing to do with supporting or believing those promoted as being ‘experts’, least of all globalists dictating on “community protection” (An illogical postion to take in the first place).
    unlike some I don't just focus on myself to the exclusion of others. ..
    “Focusing on others” or “not excluding others” is one thing.
    Expecting others to agree with your view whether they do or not and with implied threat of punishment if they don’t is another thing.
    .. there hasn't been a day during this including "full lockdown" that I've not been out and about and meeting people, while taking precautions that protect them and me and mine. Biz is up, all is well, which is a very lucky position to find myself in and I'm very grateful,
    Believe it or not, it’s not about things being great for you personally or any of us individually for that matter.
    It’s about everyone being free to choose, for their own health, regardless of wealth, status, etc. Sacrifices of some description will still have to be made by everyone, that's unavoidable.
    You enjoy “meeting people” (as we all do) and you didn't have to sacrifice that, ok. Your own 'biz' thrives while other businesses had to close and rest of society falls apart.
    It is natural to want to protect you business, but you might bear in mind that the policies you support have and will result in immeasureable suffering for others because of these ill-thought-out policies like masks for all (vs proper, appropriate protection for those who actually choose and need such protection, leaving rest of society & business to get on with life).
    I fully understand an exemption in the case of something like people with autism or other developmental conditions ..
    So what? Why should your view/understanding override anyone else’s right to choose.
    Exemption should be decided ultimately by the person themselves. No-one else can or should decide such a thing.

Anyone such as yourself who does not believe in a free society, or for whatever reason can’t trust themselves to act rationally without help, is free to delegate their decision-making to government, doctor, globalist ‘expert’ etc – who you’ll find are more than willing to step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

As if you'd know at your age. Puerile.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

eleventh wrote: »
    Logic has nothing to do with supporting or believing those promoted as being ‘experts’,
    You're all too happy to wheel out "experts" who back your position.
    “Focusing on others” or “not excluding others” is one thing.
    Expecting others to agree with your view whether they do or not and with implied threat of punishment if they don’t is another thing.
    You do know how society works? Apparently not.
    globalists
    Actually you could have led with that and saved us the bother of response as it pretty much sums up the ridiculous position you're starting from and no logic or science will ever sway that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

I went for an nct today. Safest piece of crap in the car was a mask. Lad said I passed. This is the first time I sent it in without getting it serviced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

The president of the German Medical Association (Bundesaerztekammer) Klaus Reinhardt under fire.

He said in a talk show he is '...not convinced of every day masks for the people', '...since there is no real scientific evidence whether they actually help or not.', '...especially not for protecting oneself and most likely minuscule protection for others'.

But sure what does he know? Since its 'not rocket science' after all :pac:

Of course politicians already out asking for his resignation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Do as I say, not as I do

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

HSE updated their website once again and they are still banging on about being infected by close contact and contact surface. Still no mention of aerosol transmission.

I'm fed up with their careless attitude with all this. Companies following their advice and I've seen people working in offices, no window open and maskless. Yeah, that person might be safe in their own office but what about someone that goes into their office.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

HSE updated their website once again and they are still banging on about being infected by close contact and contact surface. Still no mention of aerosol transmission.

I'm fed up with their careless attitude with all this. Companies following their advice and I've seen people working in offices, no window open and maskless. Yeah, that person might be safe in their own office but what about someone that goes into their office.
    It's where the cases are coming from, not from the lack of masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Social distancing and reducing your contacts was always the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

A new study on masks and Covid transmission published today...https://msphere.asm.org/content/5/5/e00637-20

from the study
    When a mannequin exposed to the virus was equipped with various masks (cotton mask,surgical mask, or N95 mask), the uptake of the virus droplets/aerosols was reduced. A cotton mask led to an approximately 20% to 40% reduction in virus uptake compared to no mask. The N95 mask had the highest protective efficacy (approximately80%to 90% reduction) of the various masks examined; however, infectious virus penetration was measurable even when the N95 mask was completely fitted to the facewith adhesive tape . In contrast, when a mask was attached to the mannequin that released virus, cotton and surgical masks blocked more than 50% of the virus transmission, where as the N95 mask showed considerable protective efficacy .There was a synergistic effect when both the virus receiver and virus spreader wore masks (cotton masks or surgical masks) to prevent the transmission of infective droplets/aerosols.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Slow Mo guys is a good channel in general.

Latest video (just gav atm as they live on opposite sides of the Atlantic ), including Dr Fauci .

https://youtu.be/gZ66wJFD3bs

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

From Guy Crittenden, who, for 25 years, edited the trade journal HazMat Management. (This was posted on Facebook.)

THAT MASK IS GIVING YOU LUNG CANCER

I happen to know a thing or two about masks and safety. Why? Because for 25 years I was the editor of an award-winning trade magazine called HazMat Management that covered such topics as pollution prevention and compliance with health & safety laws. We routinely published articles on masks, gloves, respirators and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE). Now let me tell you a few things about that mask you’re wearing. And please note that what I’m about to share was also stated in the most recent edition of Del Bigtree’s program The Highwire when two OSHA mask experts spoke to the fact that the kinds of masks people are wearing were never (never!) designed to be worn for long periods and doing so is very harmful.

<snip>.

https://neverb4.net/is-your-mask-giving-you-lung-cancer/

http://www.orwellianireland.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

There's some amount of supreme crap spouted about masks on the internet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

brianhere wrote: »
    THAT MASK IS GIVING YOU LUNG CANCER
    The continuing onslaught of the bloody stupid is giving me soul cancer... Note how much of this stuff is coming from America. The land of great contrasts; incredible scientific achievement on the one hand, on the other a nation of conspiracy nuts, religious zealots and snakeoil salesmen.
    The blue typical mask depicted in the photograph contain Teflon and other chemicals.
    If it's a surgical mask he's should wear a nappy to protect his main airway because he's talking through his arse. Surgical masks are made from heat blown polypropylene and cost buttons to make. Does anyone with a functioning braincell think makers would add expensive materials like teflon and if they did the quantities would be minute? Never mind that if you cook with a non stick frying pan you're ingesting way more teflon than wearing a mask is going to give you.
    A Facebook friend reminds us:
    Ahh yes. On this side we have qualified scientists, on the other we have Anne from Facebook... Welcome to world of the idiocracy.
    They don’t do anything whatsoever to stop the spread of any virus, and the emerging science of virology now understands that viruses aren’t even passed person to person.
    530817.gif Jesus. How does this cross eyed moron think respiratory viruses are spread? Magic? Then again chances are he thinks the earth is 6000 years old...
    I know that sounds incredible
    Oh that's one word and its root means unbelievable and it fits. That someone can spout this and others believe it is indeed unbelievable.
    Re-breathing your own viral debris is dangerous to health,
    530817.gif
    Again, you might say, well, Guy, you’re not a doctor.
    Or well Guy, you're a thundering moron.
    Are you aware that operating rooms are actually supplied extra oxygen, to compensate for the reduction in oxygen flow from mask wearing?
    Yep a thundering moron. The only O2 in an OR is in bottles fed to patients. Oxygen is a bloody dangerous thing to add to any environment where there is any chance of combustion. It also corrodes and breaks down all sorts of materials.
    we’re going to have a generation of brain damaged children.
    If they're his they stand no chance out of the womb.
    Ever heard the expression, “Not enough oxygen at birth?”
    Oh and it couldn't be more apt...
    END NOTE: The CDC and WHO have acknowledged that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus,
    Nope, they have not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Oh and check out the bio of the "author":

About the Author: Ned Ludd
    Ironically, Nedd is the great, great, great grandson of Nedd Ludd, from Dewsbury, England. Back in 1810, this Nedd Ludd fought off the modernization of woolen mills that used technology to put his peers out of work! Nedd was active in the media at the time and dogged the establishment on this topic. In 1810, this was Nedd's very own WWG1WGA movement! 210 years later, little has changed. The deep state won't stop until we finish them all off.

He's literally a Luddite. :D And uses terms like "deep state". Oh and Soros runs the world. Whooooooooooooooooo. EDIT oh and that WWG1WGA bit? That's another one of these right wing conspiracy nut setups(Q Anon) that believes in all sorts of nonsense that even David Icke would be wary of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The sooner fines for not wearing masks comes in the better.

I was at two shops this evening, everyone great, wearing a face covering actually covering nose and mouth, bar two groups....nothing...absolutely nothing on...all overweight...all sounded like smokers...one of them coughing constantly..ffs.

Advertisement