Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

robinph wrote: »
    So cases spread in meat factories where people were in close contact in conditions the virus likes and if people didn't need to eat the facilities would have closed down for 14 days to stop the spread... But there is no virus and we're all imaging it.

And schools are responsible for the spread of cases and the rise in numbers rather than homes, pubs, restaurants. But we should open pubs so that you can have a drink as that's more important than children getting an education, and it's still just an imagined virus as despite it being spread by schools it's also made up.

No idea what your point is, and I don't think you can remember from the start of one sentence to the end of it what you are trying to claim.

We export 80% of our meat. No one was gonna starve by shutting down processing plants with Covid outbreaks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Masks are a visual trigger to “be scared”. You’ve Dr Death with graphs complaining that the general population aren’t worried enough about the bug. People shove them into their pockets/bags, they don’t wash them at 60 degrees daily, they touch them constantly. If they weren’t mandatory you’d have about 20% of people wearing them. The majority wear them because they have to.

How exactly do you know what people do in their own homes and what gets washed or not? You don't, so stop making up things.

You still haven't came back to say what qualifications you hold for dismissing the scientists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Masks are a visual trigger to “be scared”.

You might be stuck on holloween mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Masks are a visual trigger to “be scared”. You’ve Dr Death with graphs complaining that the general population aren’t worried enough about the bug

Conspiracy theory nonsense without any connection to reality. Dr Death ffs?
    Are hand sanitiser dispensers part of the same phobia strategy?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

If somebody is manky and doesn't wash their hands and wears rancid masks, I honestly don't give a toss. All I care about is that they pull it on over their nose and mouth when they're out and about and don't shower other people with their droplets. That is what it is about - protecting other people. But yawn, you know that. We're blue in the face telling you that masks are for protecting other people. I hope you've sanitized that fake letter you planned to get to feign your exemption from mask wearing. It must be well pawed by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

i am not sure that it is at all necessary to wear an actual mask; i thought the mandate was to wear just a 'face covering'.

scarf would be probably just fine?

Why do you think it is not all that necessary to wear an actual mask? No need for a lesson in sematics, btw.

Wearing a scarf is a sloppy attitude right now, don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Seanergy wrote: »
    Why do you think it is not all that necessary to wear an actual mask? No need for a lesson in sematics, btw.

Wearing a scarf is a sloppy attitude right now, don't you think?

not really, [that mask thing is just awful]. but you are right at "right now".

Post-Christmas this may change. Even Bill Gates is now meidered. Amazing the extent to which people conform.

Wearing a mask ain't what I would do for kicks but how they serve to function as an aid in our toolbag against a real virus is amazing.

What's truly awful is brainwashed heads talking Bill Gates Bolloxology.

Tork wrote: »
    If somebody is manky and doesn't wash their hands and wears rancid masks, I honestly don't give a toss. All I care about is that they pull it on over their nose and mouth when they're out and about and don't shower other people with their droplets. That is what it is about - protecting other people. But yawn, you know that. We're blue in the face telling you that masks are for protecting other people. I hope you've sanitized that fake letter you planned to get to feign your exemption from mask wearing. It must be well pawed by now.

Never needed it. I've never been stopped by the Gardai, the only people with the authority to ask for proof of exemption. Must be tearing people apart inside that I don't have to wear a mask, I haven't mentioned it since they became mandatory yet it's constantly brought up.

• Advertisement

i am not sure that it is at all necessary to wear an actual mask; i thought the mandate was to wear just a 'face covering'.

scarf would be probably just fine?

You see quite a few people using scarfs or snoods as face coverings, perfectly acceptable according to the govt rules. Same with visors.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Never needed it. I've never been stopped by the Gardai, the only people with the authority to ask for proof of exemption. Must be tearing people apart inside that I don't have to wear a mask, I haven't mentioned it since they became mandatory yet it's constantly brought up.

You chose not to wear a mask for no reason other than because you like to think you are winding people up. You're not winding anyone up, you're just making them think you are an arse.

You don't have any exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I comes up so often because it proves you are a liar, so everyone needs to be informed when reading anything you post. Liars are going to lie.

You chose not to wear a mask for no reason other than because you like to think you are winding people up. You're not winding anyone up, you're just making them think you are an arse.

You don't have any exemption.

I also don't have anything printed on my forehead. As far as anyone in the real world knows, i'm exempt and not one person, so far, has gotten wound up about it. In real life, no one cares. No one is/was/or has been wound up.

As I said, I haven't mentioned it since May (i think) as a mod accused me of trying to wind people up. I won't be mentioning it again after this. Would be nice if those wound up in here would do the same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I also don't have anything printed on my forehead. As far as anyone in the real world knows, i'm exempt and not one person, so far, has gotten wound up about it. In real life, no one cares. No one is/was/or has been wound up.

As I said, I haven't mentioned it since May (i think) as a mod accused me of trying to wind people up. I won't be mentioning it again after this. Would be nice if those wound up in here would do the same.

So which is it then, you are hoping to wind people up, or not? You can't even keep your story straight for an hour. In one post you are claiming to be trying to wind people up, then a couple later saying that it never happens and nobody gives a damn about you.

You see quite a few people using scarfs or snoods as face coverings, perfectly acceptable according to the govt rules. Same with visors.

Acceptable for the moment, just like your fake mask exemption letter you have primed in your back pocket for AGS.

Your building a strong case for the rules to be changed, keep posting.

So which is it then, you are hoping to wind people up, or not? You can't even keep your story straight for an hour. In one post you are claiming to be trying to wind people up, then a couple later saying that it never happens and nobody gives a damn about you.

I never claimed "to be trying to wind people up", I said a mod claimed it, here it is in black and white. As I said, I haven't mentioned it since May (i think) "as a mod accused me of trying to wind people up.". How about being truthful rather than deceitful?

As i said I haven't mentioned it since May, others keep bringing it up on Boards. In real life it hasn't been an issue at all.

Acceptable for the moment, just like your fake mask exemption letter you have primed in your back pocket for AGS.

Your building a strong case for the rules to be changed, keep posting.

Useless as they are, I can't see NPHET making policy decisions based on Boards. The only rule changes coming will be making masks non-mandatory in the near future. Covid is pretty much over in the minds of the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,981 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Meh, I don't believe you falsified a mental illness to get an exemption.

I firmly believe you are wearing a mask like everyone else where appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Realistically, how long do you think Holohan and Co will be insisting on these masks? Are we going to be wearing masks into the summer? Will they be swinging their dicks next year and the year after about hospitals being overcapacity with winter flu and insisting on masks in shops and public transport?

Is there even any stone cold evidence that masks have worked?

• Advertisement

I never claimed "to be trying to wind people up", I said a mod claimed it, here it is in black and white. As I said, I haven't mentioned it since May (i think) "as a mod accused me of trying to wind people up.". How about being truthful rather than deceitful?

As i said I haven't mentioned it since May, others keep bringing it up on Boards. In real life it hasn't been an issue at all.

Explain your motivation for this comment then?
    ...Must be tearing people apart inside that I don't have to wear a mask...

Realistically, how long do you think Holohan and Co will be insisting on these masks?

No one knows.
    Are we going to be wearing masks into the summer?

No one knows
    Will they be swinging their dicks next year and the year

No
    after about hospitals being overcapacity with winter flu and insisting on masks in shops and public transport?

No.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Boggles wrote: »
    Yes

Is there? I'd like to see that if you got something handy. Thanks.

Is there? I'd like to see that if you got something handy. Thanks.

Done a 1000 times on thread.

Fill your boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Boggles wrote: »
    Done a 1000 times on thread.

Fill your boots.

In other words you dont have any?

In other words you dont have any?

Nope.

And you have contributed enough to these thread to know that.

Explain your motivation for this comment then?

If you're looking to goad me into a response that'll have me carded or banned, it's not gonna work. Have a great day.

If you're looking to goad me into a response that'll have me carded or banned, it's not gonna work. Have a great day.

We'll take it as read then and you are posting on here about your lack of reason to be exempt, yet carrying a letter you faked regarding an exemption, and your claims of going around not wearing a mask (no idea if that actually happens or not) are purely for the purposes of attempting to wind people up as you have clearly stated here. Just requoting again for posterity and in case you forgot what you said five minutes ago:

Useless as they are, I can't see NPHET making policy decisions based on Boards.

The only rule changes coming will be making masks non-mandatory in the near future. Covid is pretty much over in the minds of the majority.[/QUOTE]

You misread me, you are making a strong case for the rules to be changed on boards, why should genuine contributers have to put up with liars?

Maybe the tagline should be changed, Boards.ie now ye're lying.

• Advertisement

The only rule changes coming will be making masks non-mandatory in the near future. Covid is pretty much over in the minds of the majority.

You misread me, you are making a strong case for the rules to be changed on boards, why should genuine contributers have to put up with liars?

Maybe the tagline should be changed, Boards.ie now ye're lying.[/QUOTE]

I believe there is a forum for suggestions like that. It's completely off topic for on here, so I won't be getting into a conversation on it here.

Advertisement