If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos recommendation

Options
  • 09-09-2020 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm considering purchasing some Sonos speakers. Which would you recommend? 2 sonos 5 speakers or amp complete with two in ceiling speakers. Which is the superior product?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

ptogher14 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm considering purchasing some Sonos speakers. Which would you recommend? 2 sonos 5 speakers or amp complete with two in ceiling speakers. Which is the superior product?

Thanks
    Hi ptogher14,

Thanks for the post!

It really depends which speakers you go for and what type of room you're putting them into! The Sonos Fives would give a fantastic sound as they can be positioned wherever you need the for a more directional sound. The in ceilings would give you more control over the tone as you can upgrade them down the line.

I would recommend the Sonos Amp with two of the Monitor Audio C280 speakers as the amp will allow you to add more inputs and the speakers would sound fantastic especially when paired with a good fire hood to prevent any sound leakage! The Sonos Fives would probably give better bass though but you can add a subwoofer to the system as well to complete it!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Thanks for the reply David,

I am assuming a fire hood is a hood installed behind the speaker in the ceiling void? Can a wireless sub be added to the amp at a later stage?

What is the minimum sized cable you recommend Installed from the amp to each speaker to maintain sound quality?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

ptogher14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply David,

I am assuming a fire hood is a hood installed behind the speaker in the ceiling void? Can a wireless sub be added to the amp at a later stage?

What is the minimum sized cable you recommend Installed from the amp to each speaker to maintain sound quality?

Thanks
    Hi Ptogher14.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Yes the firehood is installed behind the speaker in the ceiling void.

The Hoody 1 would do the job as it does up to 10" and the C280 is 8"
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200798-hoody-1-fire-hood.aspx?swapstore=1

For the speaker cable we would recommend the Ultra Micro install cable which is designed for this type of job.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200819-cambridge-audio-ultra-micro-install-low-smoke-zero-halogen-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.