Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knowledgable cycling store in Dublin

Options
  • 09-09-2020 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Looking for mudguards that fit well and my bike has wide tires and a narrow gap over the rear wheel so not much fits well.

Can anyone recommend a good bike shop who can give good advice on what would work best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Looking for mudguards that fit well and my bike has wide tires and a narrow gap over the rear wheel so not much fits well.

Can anyone recommend a good bike shop who can give good advice on what would work best?

Are the tyres too wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

tunney wrote: »
    Are the tyres too wide?

no, tires fit fine. they are 40mm tyres.
    Mudguards spec'ed for 40mm tyres, are way wider than 40mm though, way wider and thats the issue.

e.g. sks speedrocker is spec'ed for 42mm tyre coverage, but the guards themselves are very very wide so dont fit well.

I probably need something thats spec'ed for a narrower tyre, but will still do the job and to find that, id need someone to have a look and advise.

Advertisement