Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payee activation - Not receiving text

Options
  • 09-09-2020 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

Have just added a new Payee to my account, through a browser, and the activation code isnt being received. The text beside the payee says "inactive SMS" 

I have added people in the past and the code has been sent straight away. I have not changed my mobile number or provider or any other details between now and the last time that a payee was added. 

How long should the code take to send?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Have just added a new Payee to my account, through a browser, and the activation code isnt being received. The text beside the payee says "inactive SMS" 

I have added people in the past and the code has been sent straight away. I have not changed my mobile number or provider or any other details between now and the last time that a payee was added. 

Hi there, 

Thanks for your post. 

We've checked this and the service is working with codes being received within minutes. Have you logged on through the full website or the mobile app? If you're on the new Android App, please see here for more information on how payees added on the app are activated using Strong Customer Authentication.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Hi there, 

Thanks for your post. 

We've checked this and the service is working with codes being received within minutes. Have you logged on through the full website or the mobile app? If you're on the new Android App, please see here for more information on how payees added on the app are activated using Strong Customer Authentication.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara, 

I'm not using the app, it never worked for me so i never use it, but thats another issue entirely. 

This is through the internet browser that i use and the text still hasnt come through. 

Thanks for getting back to us. Can I ask have you checked with your mobile provider and are you receiving any other texts? 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Currently an issue with Eir. Will wait until that is resolved before i delete the payee and try again. 

If you follow these steps below, you can have a security code reissued once the mobile provider's service is back up and running, this will save you having to delete and add the details again.

How to re-issue a security code to your mobile phone:
    1. Log on to 365 online.
    2. Tap 'Manage Accounts'.
    3. Select 'Manage Payees'.
    4. Tap 'Activate' beside the payee you wish to activate by security code.
    5. Enter a random 7-digit number (such as 1234567) 3 times. After your third attempt, an on-screen message will say a new code has been issued.
    6. Check your mobile phone for an SMS containing the security code.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

This issue still exists, no texts being sent by Bank of Ireland to Vodafone ?
    All other texts fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

All other texts fine.
    Hi Zimmerframe,

Thanks for joining in on the thread. We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty receiving these texts. Can we ask have you checked this with Vodafone themselves?

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

All other texts fine.
    Hi Zimmerframe,

Thanks for joining in on the thread. We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty receiving these texts. Can we ask have you checked this with Vodafone themselves?

Thanks,
    Richard
    No, I didn't because there are no issues with texts from anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Thanks for getting back to us Zimmerframe.

In this case, we would recommend logging in on 365online.com and selecting "Service Desk" > "Ask a Question". Rest assured one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement