Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 or Xbox Series X ?

Options

Comments

The Q70T does not have the bells and whistles the LG Oleds have, it also only has 1 HDMI 2.1 port vs the LGs 4.
    Yes, thats all I need. It has compromises but also benefits. Its cheaper so I was able to go for a bigger screen and as great as oled is qled will do just fine tbh. It is better in bright rooms which is important for my setup.

Needless to say, I think most people would be happy with either one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

PS5 units have been sent out to press today, we should be getting previews soon. Looking forward to seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,103 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure while ye're waiting for the new Xbox , just make your own

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/xbox-cutouts?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_9.18.4

I'm sure Sony were going to do the same but Greenpeace protested due to the amount of paper/card required to make just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CatInABox wrote: »
    PS5 units have been sent out to press today, we should be getting previews soon. Looking forward to seeing it.

Yeah, I see Marques Brownlee has already received one.

https://twitter.com/MKBHD/status/1319666567685308416?s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, I see Marques Brownlee has already received one.

No European ones yet though. Presumably soon. Just good that things are finally starting to move now, should make the wait a bit more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Size comparison between the new MS and PS controllers (source).

530480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I appreciate a chunky controller, why i loved the duke so much

• Registered Users Posts: 29,103 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A walkthrough of the Xbox series X/S and features

Everything you need to know except why to buy one? I missed out on pre-orders but that just convinced me I'm grand on a One X for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yep I've compared this years gen to upgrading a phone. It's gonna be very very similar but just run faster and smoother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

recyclops wrote: »
    Yep I've compared this years gen to upgrading a phone. It's gonna be very very similar but just run faster and smoother

And hopefully quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

And hopefully quieter.

And plays games the last phone can't play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    And plays games the last phone can't play.

Both not for a couple of months to a year after launch :pac:

Tech does not advance as quickly as it used to - some old consoles had 10x the clockspeed as the previous one, 20x the RAM, 100x the polys per second, etc. We are past that type of rapid advancement, unless something disruptive is invented.

Games also take a long time to make, so launch line-ups are mediocre. Cross-gen, remasters & junk that can be made quickly. It will take a few years before there are a large number of compelling next-gen titles.

Topping it off we had mid-generation consoles, so the wow factor of 4K is gone somewhat. If you have a One X then of course Series X will not seem like a generational leap. One X was a beast at launch and is still only 3 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Both not for a couple of months to a year after launch :pac:

I was gonna put in Demon's Souls as an argument but a ps3 remake with rumours or will release on ps4 might not be the best example :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Like always, it will take developers time to really understand what they can do with the consoles. While I don’t expect a revolution in gaming, I think these ultra fast SSDs will be the main difference between this generation and last-the ratchet and clank gameplay was the only thing I saw that I thought couldn’t be done on current hardware.

Haptic feedback will be interesting, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a few first party games have it and it ends up being forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Any word on game stop going doing ? Store I pre ordered in is closer at mo and nearest open for click and collect at mo is limerick . So will I have go there pick up ps5 then when it’s released ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

brady12 wrote: »
    Any word on game stop going doing ? Store I pre ordered in is closer at mo and nearest open for click and collect at mo is limerick . So will I have go there pick up ps5 then when it’s released ?

they are yet to inform people how they will work it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Chances are the Gamestop store you ordered it in will send out details for you to arrange for home delivery of the console instead of click and collect.

You will be emailed in the run up to the release.

I'd say you'll be given a URL and a discount code for the amount already paid to complete your order for home delivery.

European journalists have the PS5 now. DF will presumably have some videos up soon enough.

European journalists have the PS5 now. DF will presumably have some videos up soon enough.

Not sure, they're allowed to unbox it but they are unable to tell people if it is actually able to play any games.

Expect the embargo on gameplay to be up by the end of the week though.

Not sure, they're allowed to unbox it but they are unable to tell people if it is actually able to play any games.

Expect the embargo on gameplay to be up by the end of the week though.

"Soon enough" is about a week in my book.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's better to give DF a bit of time. I'm sure they will be working overtime creating a feck load of footage.

Will be nice to see some actual next gen games running on it instead of all the BC games we are just seeing from the XBox.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think it's better to give DF a bit of time. I'm sure they will be working overtime creating a feck load of footage.

Oh yeah, the abuse that they're getting online is phenomenal, people accusing them of working for MS because of the amount of videos they've made on the Series X. Some people are totally unaware of how they sound.

Anyway, the videos will come when they come. I'll look forward to seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Oh yeah, the abuse that they're getting online is phenomenal, people accusing them of working for MS because of the amount of videos they've made on the Series X. Some people are totally unaware of how they sound.

Anyway, the videos will come when they come. I'll look forward to seeing them.

Sony don't give them hardware the same way MS does. So its on Sony not DF. I don't know how people don't get that.

MS copped it a while ago, that getting stuff to DF early is a good idea. Sony on the other hand have not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wes wrote: »
    Sony don't give them hardware the same way MS does. So its on Sony not DF. I don't know how people don't get that.

That's fanboys for you.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's fanboys for you.

Sony fanboys seem to be on another level of obnoxious.

Advertisement