Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trimming back hard a leylandi hedge

Options
  • 09-09-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question that I can't seem to find a proper answer to online.

Will cutting a leylandi hedge back to wood in a section do the hedge itself any damage?

Basically the neighbours hedge has overgrown our wall by 12/18 inches. We've just bought the house and need to install a timber fence on top of the wall to about 2ft to secure the wall for dogs. And it's this section that I need to trim back hard. I've already spoken to the neighbours about the fence and trimming the hedge and they have no problems. I was hoping I'd get away with not cutting back into wood. We'll have a fence up so the wood makes no difference to us, I just don't want to do any damage to their hedge on their side if that makes sense.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭standardg60

No it won't do any damage to their side at all, assuming their side is still green.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thank you!

Ya there side is fully green.

Advertisement