Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land and building

Options
  • 09-09-2020 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I have no idea where to post this.

Anyways, I am originally from Turkey and grew up in Ireland. In Turkey say someone owns a house or land, they can find a builder and become partners with him/her. For example; My late grandparents had a house which they had bought in the 60s, but because it had aged quite a bit, they found a builder who knocked down their house and built flats instead.

So my grandparents and the builder had shared and my grandparents would have the most shared as they had contributed the most, but the cost of the construction was all up to the builder.

Anyways, my question is can you do the same thing here in Ireland or elsewhere in Europe? I keep trying to find out more about it, but I can't find the correct term for this procedure to be honest.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

NinjaRambo wrote: »
    Hi all. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I have no idea where to post this.

Anyways, I am originally from Turkey and grew up in Ireland. In Turkey say someone owns a house or land, they can find a builder and become partners with him/her. For example; My late grandparents had a house which they had bought in the 60s, but because it had aged quite a bit, they found a builder who knocked down their house and built flats instead.

So my grandparents and the builder had shared and my grandparents would have the most shared as they had contributed the most, but the cost of the construction was all up to the builder.

Anyways, my question is can you do the same thing here in Ireland or elsewhere in Europe? I keep trying to find out more about it, but I can't find the correct term for this procedure to be honest.

Technically yes.
    Once planning permission is obtained, it’s a private contract between the house owner and the builder. Who funds it is a private contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NinjaRambo

Gumbo wrote: »
    Technically yes.
    Once planning permission is obtained, it’s a private contract between the house owner and the builder. Who funds it is a private contract.

Would you know what the term for it is?

Advertisement