Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One month ban from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 09-09-2020 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was given a one month ban from the soccer forum, when I received a yellow card for referring to Jose Mourinho as "The Toxic One".

The reason I was given for the one month ban was that it fell under the "totting up" of yellow cards, with the previous one having been given for referring to Pep as "a bald fraud".

Clearly both comments were tongue-in-cheek, and I honestly don't think either gentleman is reading boards for football discussion. Regardless, I will make sure to refrain from such comments going forward if they are deemed yellow card offences.

I have tried to resolving this with the mod who handed out the back to be avail. Can this please be reviewed?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We only have 1 active Sports CMod at the moment and I'll alert him to this appeal.

As you point out the ban is a direct result of the yellow toy received and the CMod will only take a view on whether the yellow was appropriate. You signed up to forum totting up process when you initially sought access to post in the forum and that in itself is not something that can be appealed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Brock Turnpike,

Per the procedure, can you please post here or forward to me the pm discussion you have had with the mod where you attempted to resolve this.

Thamks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Steve wrote: »
    Hi Brock Turnpike,

Per the procedure, can you please post here or forward to me the pm discussion you have had with the mod where you attempted to resolve this.

Thamks.

Hi Steve

Is there any easy way for me to do that outside of copy/pasting the full exchange? I use the mobile version of boards so every exchange is a single pm rather than a thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm not quite sure what you are asking there.

How hard can it be to copy and paste some messages?

What I need to see is your record of the conversation between you and the mod where you attempted to discuss the mod action. I will ask the mod to furnish the same, as long as they both are the same, I can move on and figure out what needs to be done.

At this point I do not even know what mod was involved, or what you posted to cause the card or ban you are appealing.

Help me out here..

Hi Steve

Is there any easy way for me to do that outside of copy/pasting the full exchange? I use the mobile version of boards so every exchange is a single pm rather than a thread.

No, sorry, it's your appeal so up to you to provide your evidence / case.

There is a link on the mobile site on the bottom of every page to the full web version if you if you wish to avail of that.

• Advertisement

Hi Brock Turnpike,

It's been nearly two weeks since I posted and no reply.

Are you still appealing this?

Please let us know.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Steve wrote: »
    Hi Brock Turnpike,

It's been nearly two weeks since I posted and no reply.

Are you still appealing this?

Please let us know.

Thanks.

No. You can close the thread.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks

Marking this resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement