Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expansion via MARPE, MSE etc.

Options
  • 09-09-2020 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Wondering if anyone here knows of surgeons who do MARPE or MSE here in ireland, i've heard there are a few but finding them is a pain, thank you very much in advance if anyone does indeed help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Our resident Oral Surgeon is the best to advise on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Its really your orthodontist that needs to recommend the surgeon that they know and work with on this, its not really the correct thing for you to find some random surgeon. Ask your orthodontist who they usually use and recommend and go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AL96

Our resident Oral Surgeon is the best to advise on this
    is he/she active and if not can i have their @, i've asked some surgeons with limited success so far, and on the topic of asking through an orthodontist, my issue is that i will be getting double jaw post braces or invisalign to correct a deep bite next summer, the ortho i went to wanted to expand the upper teeth with braces to prepare for it, I myself am not a complete layman on these things and so i told him i'd rather split the suture because as it stands the right side of the maxilla is pushed further to the left and the incisor is to the left as a result and i fear that during double jaw they will just turn the maxilla where they cut it to fix it, in order to fix this in a wholistic manner i suggested palatal expansion rather than teeth but he wasn't interested. I've seen ppl in the UK and America handle cases like mine pretty easily, I just need to find someone who can source and fit the device, so my preparation will look like this, expansion => braces or invis => then finally double jaw next year some time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

AL96 wrote: »
    is he/she active and if not can i have their @, i've asked some surgeons with limited success so far, and on the topic of asking through an orthodontist, my issue is that i will be getting double jaw post braces or invisalign to correct a deep bite next summer, the ortho i went to wanted to expand the upper teeth with braces to prepare for it, I myself am not a complete layman on these things and so i told him i'd rather split the suture because as it stands the right side of the maxilla is pushed further to the left and the incisor is to the left as a result and i fear that during double jaw they will just turn the maxilla where they cut it to fix it, in order to fix this in a wholistic manner i suggested palatal expansion rather than teeth but he wasn't interested. I've seen ppl in the UK and America handle cases like mine pretty easily, I just need to find someone who can source and fit the device, so my preparation will look like this, expansion => braces or invis => then finally double jaw next year some time.

as Fitz said it may be better to speak with your ortho first, they will recommend someone that they have experience work with.

Advertisement