Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time for a Dublin lockdown?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

The green list is only for essential travel.

Somehow id say her trip to crete was not essential.

It's quite extraordinary how this misconception still persists. It seems as though a lot of people don't read beyond headlines or first paragraphs anymore.

From the Department of Foreign Affairs:

In accordance with Government policy, which is based on official public health advice, the Department of Foreign Affairs continues to advise against non-essential travel overseas. This includes Great Britain but does not apply to Northern Ireland. It also includes all travel by cruise ship.

Travel to a very limited set of locations is exempted from this advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Lockdown Leitrim!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Ironic so, isn't it that the high levels are in DSE and DNW opposite areas and poles apart. Who'd a thunk it.

How many SF TDs are in those areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

bikeman1 wrote: »
    Lockdown Leitrim!!

If they had high numbers on a consistent daily basis, there probably would be a need for it.

That said a spike in Leitrim should be easy to contain as it has low population density.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Haven't been able to keep up with updates. See press briefing this evening has been cancelled. Is it due to be held tomorrow instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Eod100 wrote: »
    Haven't been able to keep up with updates. See press briefing this evening has been cancelled. Is it due to be held tomorrow instead?

Doubt it. Probably get a government press conference with Glynn there to launch the plan I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Eod100 wrote: »

I'd imagine the roadmap release tomorrow will take precedence over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Anyone know if Level 3 includes a county based lockdown (travel restrictions border like LOK) or not?

Concerned as I had some long-standing plans for the end of the week.

Anyone know if Level 3 includes a county based lockdown or not?

Concerned as I had some long-standing plans for the end of the week.

No it doesn't and was stated today there won't be any travel resections in level 3.

Level 3 is from the leaks so far a tightening of restrictions on gatherings of groups in the home

• Advertisement

No it doesn't and was stated today there won't be any travel resections in level 3.

Level 3 is from the leaks so far a tightening of restrictions on gatherings of groups in the home

Got any sources for that? I spent the past hour looking online

Mr.S wrote: »
    The WhatsApp sharing bridgage are out in force tonight about "the largest policing activity in the history of the state' coming tomorrow. Sounds like a wall is being build around Dublin.

It's amazing how many people have a Guard as a close friend / uncle / brother.

Its unreal isn't it. But there will be a policing plan for the country similar to what's in place in Dublin currently. Higher visibility patrols to ensure mask wearing and gatherings of large groups aren't occuring. Nothing like we saw previously with operation Fanacht, thats not being brought back anyway.

They are taking some of the trainee's that are further along in training back out of Templemore again but its not Dublin focused.

I know given the rumours its difficult to take what anyone says on the Internet as word but 2 of my close mates are Gardai, one in Dublin South Central and one who's in templemore which is why I wait to hear from them before listening to any of the WhatsApp nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The WhatsApp sharing bridgage are out in force tonight about "the largest policing activity in the history of the state' coming tomorrow. Sounds like a wall is being build around Dublin.

I'm bored, can you post it here or PM me?

Got any sources for that? I spent the past hour looking online

Will try and find the article i read it in for you.

It was in the independent where it was said travel restrictions aren't being considered for Dublin but I'll take a look for it now. Was buried within another article

The vague threat of extra restrictions by Varadkar today and the hard-to-ignore precedent of LOK makes me think that if there was such a travel restriction coming, they would be very tight-lipped about it and not leave any hints. I mean if they don't, there could be legitimate accusations of double standards for Dublin. Although, a host of Irish microbiologists and medical professionals questioned the effectiveness of a border restriction for Dublin in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I saw that gob****e paul stenson claim that we're drafting in extra gardai for the biggest policing operation in the history of the state...

I'm 100% convinced there will be limited to no restrictions now....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Not amazing really. Sure there would be at least one Garda in many families, like.

Will try and find the article i read it in for you.

It was in the independent where it was said travel restrictions aren't being considered for Dublin but I'll take a look for it now. Was buried within another article

Level 3
    This is a more serious level of restriction and is likely to include measures to limit people’s movement. A mini-lockdown was imposed on Kildare when it had 200 cases per 100,000 people, which may offer a guide on the threshold for Level 3 measures to be brought in.

I don't know why they would create these levels only to implement something like a "2.5" for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭tjhook

I tend to agree that there won't be any serious travel restrictions for citizens in Dublin. I don't feel qualified to say whether or not that's the right decision.

But it means it'll be impossible to impose travel restrictions anywhere else afterwards. People just won't take it. How can you turn around a month later and seal the borders of let's say Laois again? Even if you did, few would comply.

Level 3
    This is a more serious level of restriction and is likely to include measures to limit people’s movement. A mini-lockdown was imposed on Kildare when it had 200 cases per 100,000 people, which may offer a guide on the threshold for Level 3 measures to be brought in.

I don't know why they would create these levels only to implement something like a "2.5 for Dublin

"It’s understood Dublin may avoid such measures for now."

So yup they'll pick and chose the measures.

Realistically its much more difficult to impose travel restrictions in Dublin for a large number of reasons including economic affects

• Advertisement

"It’s understood Dublin may avoid such measures for now."

So yup they'll pick and chose the measures.
    Or they don't want to preempt a mass exodus. I'm wondering if hotels, airbnbs and rentals will refund money if you can't go on a staycation because of sudden restrictions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭tjhook

A mini-lockdown was imposed on Kildare when it had 200 cases per 100,000 people, which may offer a guide on the threshold for Level 3 measures to be brought in

Are you sure? From a quick search, I think 200 per 100000 came later. At the time when NEPHET recommended the LOK lockdown, the rate was 61.6 per 100000 in Kildare.

tjhook wrote: »
    Are you sure? From a quick search, I think 200 per 100000 came later. At the time when NEPHET recommended the LOK lockdown, the rate was 61.6 per 100000 in Kildare.
    That was a quote from the newspaper article linked above.

Or they don't want to preempt a mass exodus. I'm wondering if hotels, airbnbs and rentals will refund money if you can't go on a staycation because of sudden restrictions :(

Can't stop it anyway. Even when restrictions were in Kildare I know of a good few that still went on their staycations. It was a mickey mouse set of restrictions. People were still coming and going from the county

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Pubs reopening for drinks is fine for a few pints/G+Ts whatever. Issue is they are closing at 11.30pm. So guess what happens after that with no nightclubs or other venues to go to for the younger crowd.... yes the house party. And we are back to square one.

Congrats on the new baby BTW, must have been a tough time to go through all that.
    yeah! 11:30 LOL! better off organising or going to house party or small social gathering. you do need the odd change of scenery, but I am tending to stay very local now, if its only until 11:30 and drinking in the covid free safe pubs, that serve food...

The guardai here are very passive, I honestly cant see many people giving a toss what new rules they bring in, be they right or wrong. Unless the gardai actually start fining people holding larger gatherings etc... Watch them take the bold move of doing this in Dublin 4, rather than 24 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I heard of hotels cancelling bookings for ppl from LOK counties.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I heard of hotels cancelling bookings for ppl from LOK counties.
    They should be sued for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Can we remove this man from the Internet?

https://twitter.com/SamuelMcConkey1/status/1305579552966676482

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

how much time lasted the previous lockdown?

• Advertisement

There is a voice message doing the rounds on WhatsApp from a brigadier general in the army and he said they are going to be putting Dublin under lockdown at 7am tomorrow.
    Shoot to kill policy for no masks.

Advertisement