Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time for a Dublin lockdown?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I know I know, it's a Liberal.ie link

Footage from a Dublin house party tonight

Absolute scum https://theliberal.ie/breaking-gardai-are-breaking-up-large-house-parties-in-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

The figures have gone up for the obvious reason that schools have reopened and the government decided the answer is to close down the economy. Guaranteed this will make no difference to the daily figures for the next 3 weeks. What will Nphet come up with next? Level 10 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The lockdown reduced the R value for Ireland back during the last national lockdown. It reduced it in kildare, offaly and laois. Please explain why you think the stats and doctors are wrong.

Let's see shall we

Coming into the winter, and a massive population in a small area Dublin is only going one way.

Unless people stop going for tests, those numbers are going up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Social interactions will still happen, and most likely increase now, in private homes.

Look if people in Dublin aren't going to follow the rules then no doubt cases won't drop and restrictions will stay in place for the foreseeable

Not sure why the Dubs can't follow the rules like everyone else. Can they not go a few weeks without house parties and the like.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Look if people in Dublin aren't going to follow the rules then no doubt cases won't drop and restrictions will stay in place for the foreseeable

Not sure why the Dubs can't follow the rules like everyone else. Can they not go a few weeks without house parties and the like.

Its not all Dubs in Dublin.

This isn't an us and them scenario

• Advertisement

The Dubs? Do you not mean people living in Dublin?

Its not all Dubs in Dublin.

This isn't an us and them scenario

It was always going to be once it was Dublin. The rest of the country is absolutely delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Off to Wicklow now for a hike. I hope I don't end up murdering the whole county with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Dubs? Erm have you been watching the news or reading papers in the last few months? Tipperary, Killarney and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

It was always going to be once it was Dublin. The rest of the country is absolutely delighted.

They wont be so delighted when hill 16 goes on tour for 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

Plenty of bogapes in dublin , usually the most pig ignorant specimens as regards to covid19. Wait till you see them all pop back up in the local village with their poverty spec bmw and audis, spreading tbe fun countrywide.

kona wrote: »
    Plenty of bogapes in dublin , usually the most pig ignorant specimens as regards to covid19. Wait till you see them all pop back up in the local village with their poverty spec bmw and audis, spreading tbe fun countrywide.

That doesn't help either.

Its like this county breakdown is driving division rather than unity. And I get (sort of) why its happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Its like this county breakdown is driving division rather than unity. And I get (sort of) why its happening

Absolutely, racism on a county basis, laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Absolute scum https://theliberal.ie/breaking-gardai-are-breaking-up-large-house-parties-in-dublin/

Trust the jackeens to organise a heep of house parties. They'll be complaining next week when the cases haven't gone down.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 23,547 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Trust the jackeens to organise a heep of house parties. They'll be complaining next week when the cases haven't gone down.

And it'll somehow be the government/NPHET's fault.

Didnt see many dubs calling for a lockdown in kildare etc recentley.
    Plenty of smug boggers now delighted that they have shouted loud enough to lockdown dublin and cost 1000s of jobs.

I dont really care, i dont mind the country , but its ignorance to say its all the dubs fault, plenty of country people moved to dublin for work.

Judging by the area that could easily have been the occupants of the house...im half serious too.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

faceman wrote: »
    He’s contradicting himself or lying.

He tweeted today saying they don’t know the source of infections and don’t have the time or resources to study it

I don’t take a blind bit of notice of what that man says ever since he argued that schools were really safe because “if you remember from your own school days you only come into close contact with about 3 people”

He’s full of ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Met three sound Dublin lads out surfing yesterday evening.

It was good to see them in the Banner county.
    They're here all week and probably going home Sunday.

They're really going to enjoy the rest of their weekend before they head back to lockdown.

When you look at the map by local area, it's clear there are a few massive hotspots in Dublin.

Celbridge is worse than most Dublin LEAs

• Advertisement

Where does it say they were native Dubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

no.8 wrote: »
    Ah mr. Hind-sight. Enlighten us, what should the government have done in round 1?
    This is a **** deal for everyone, somewhat more so for a tranches of society but what's clear is that there's a very narrow middle-ground between those who swear by the state broadcaster and those who go full van Morrison. Tbh, either side could accused of looking slightly bonkers

No mr hindsight here because I never supported lockdowns from day one and as per my posting history have been very vocal about that since the get go. It’s completely the wrong strategy, it’s failed already and will continue to fail over and over.
    Tbh you’re pretty typical of the ever dwindling band of lockdowners- denigrate all who don’t agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Cases won’t be going down regardless. Impossible to control people to this extent, pissing in the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Was talking to a GP friend of mine last night.

He thinks They won’t suppress it enough to go back to level 2.

Level 4 probably inevitable for dublin - potentially full level 5 in a number of weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Scum of the earth. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Was talking to a GP friend of mine last night.

He thinks They won’t suppress it enough to go back to level 2.

Level 4 probably inevitable for dublin

Even if they did suppress it

What's the point of it all?

Borders and airports are open, its going to up again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Even if they did suppress it?

What's the point of it all

Borders and airports are open, its going to up again

His thinking is the dubs won’t suppress it enough to go back to level 2

He sees it going up to level 4 and possibly level 5 in the coming weeks

Just one doctors opinion but I found it persuading

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It worked in the last such regional restriction so why would Dublin be different? The message is about reducing the number of contacts. As always most people doing that will have an effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Not a hope in hell Dublin gets a lockdown by itself...

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

It is

I believe him

Advertisement