Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time for a Dublin lockdown?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So top story on 6.1 is the Garda operation in Dublin today, but unless something changed overnight it's all still advisory, correct?

So all that's really happening is they're creating traffic jams?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So top story on 6.1 is the Garda operation in Dublin today, but unless something changed overnight it's all still advisory, correct?

So all that's really happening is they're creating traffic jams?

That and making it look like "we're doing something" for the government's public image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I would, there’s a large immigrant population there although to be fair most aren’t working so maybe working class isn’t the correct description

Slightly xenophobic to say Tyrellstown is "full of immigrants not working" no?

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Is it xenophobic if it’s true?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I was just in the city centre, doesn't feel any different at all. Lots of places with terraces were busy. I'm not sure these new measures will make much difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I was just in the city centre, doesn't feel any different at all. Lots of places with terraces were busy. I'm not sure these new measures will make much difference.

Nah won't make any difference at all, sure if you run a restaurant/pub with capacity for say 75 customers and all you can serve now is 15 outside in the cold, and you have a dozen staff rostered for work, plus a grand or so in food ready to cook and 30 kegs of fresh beer in stock all for the weekend... sure no bother to cover costs and make a handsome profit, sure haven't the publicans been creaming it off us for years... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It’s the truth though!

Blanchardstown, Tallaght top table for highest Covid-19 rates

Surprise, surprise. The top 5 areas for Covid in Dublin are also the ones known most for having feral youths and social issues

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/blanchardstown-tallaght-top-table-for-highest-covid-19-rates-1.4358767

Surprise, surprise. The top 5 areas for Covid in Dublin are also the ones known most for having feral youths and social issues

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/blanchardstown-tallaght-top-table-for-highest-covid-19-rates-1.4358767

How dare they be poor and live in Socially disadvantaged areas! Those "people" need to get themselves to a nice Golfing banquet and have a nice party where they won't catch Covid!

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    How dare they be poor and live in Socially disadvantaged areas! Those "people" need to get themselves to a nice Golfing banquet and have a nice party where they won't catch Covid!

Probably a good point. Doesn't matter if you're a big shot or haven't a pot to piss in, scum are always going to be scum.

• Advertisement

How can you argue with the stats presented?

Rough working class places are in the top 5 and places like Blackrock in the bottom 2

Probably a good point. Doesn't matter if you're a big shot or haven't a pot to piss in, scum are always going to be scum.

Covid doesn't discriminate!

Will we ever find out if the 81 Elites who attended the Oireachtas Golf outing were tested and if so were any positive...

Rough working class places are in the top 5 and places like Blackrock in the bottom 2

You pointed out someones comment and said it was "Slightly xenophobic"

Now you're making discriminatory comments about certain parts of the city?? :rolleyes:

Well off people in higher paid jobs working from home in bigger homes with less people.

Poorer people in lower paid jobs not working from home in smaller homes with more people in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Lack of education and ignoring things apart from TickTok and so on.

Most of them have top of the range iPhones and all the rest of it, but do not not have parents pushing towards education for the real world. imo.

Most of them have top of the range iPhones and all the rest of it, but do not not have parents pushing towards education for the real world. imo.

You've just described that whole gereration country wide whether they live in a terrace or daddeh buys them a Mercedes every birthday.

Every one of them, money or not, is as thick as mince.

You pointed out someones comment and said it was "Slightly xenophobic"

Now you're making discriminatory comments about certain parts of the city?? :rolleyes:

Not making discriminatory posts about anything

The Irish Times and other media outlets are saying the same too and we're all backing up our points with actual and upto date data

Nailed it

Not making discriminatory posts about anything. The Irish Times and other media outlets are saying the same too and we're all backing up our points with actual and upto date data

You linked it to the areas because they are "known for feral youth".

Can you prove "feral youth" has anything to do with it?

Zebra3 wrote: »

The top 5 worst areas for Covid in Dublin are widely known for having social issues

And you don't see any correlation with that data?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The wedge this palaver is driving through society is truly disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Zebra3 wrote: »

Cycled through Blackrock earlier. Feral youth with posh accents and trays of beer. F,eckers stepped onto the road in front of me and nearly knocked me off my bike.

Cycled through Blackrock earlier. Feral youth with posh accents and trays of beer. F,eckers stepped onto the road in front of me and nearly knocked me off my bike.

And yet, Blackrock is the least affected area in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

At the moment,
    It's the kids with money that have the best house parties, plenty of spoilt kids around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I know. Bigger houses for the parties I suppose. Or maybe drinking outside?

The top 5 worst areas for Covid in Dublin are widely known for having social issues

And you don't see any correlation with that data?

So you can't prove it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Everyday that passes the more it feels like a casedemic. News outlets are definetly focusing on cases instead of deaths in their headlines. 0 zero deaths today and only 27 deaths in UK vs 4700 cases.

Really feel its all over hyped at this stage.

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Everyday that passes the more it feels like a casedemic. News outlets are definetly focusing on cases instead of deaths in their headlines. 0 zero deaths today and only 27 deaths in UK vs 4700 cases.

Really feel its all over hyped at this stage.

Yeh, so little to report, the president's dog dying is now big news.

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

I see we're bashing poor people tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

wrangler wrote: »
    At the moment,
    It's the kids with money that have the best house parties, plenty of spoilt kids around

You're having a laugh. Plenty of gaffs going on everywhere.

Advertisement