Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time for a Dublin lockdown?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What will level 5 be like, its it a full lockdown all over the country like in march?
    Pretty much - back to 5km but weddings with 6 people and funerals with 10.

https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/resilience-recovery-2020-2021-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Another beautiful day. Such a sin to be restricting people like this. All for nothing and to achieve nothing

road_high wrote: »
    Another beautiful day. Such a sin to be restricting people like this. All for nothing and to achieve nothing
    People are not that restricted. There are lots and lots of places to go in Dublin if you can be bothered to look.

It is more important that cases are reduced so that families can gather at Christmas.

What a (Nother) load of rubbish from you. Did the logical gene skip you? It must have.
    And what do you think will happen then? I surely don’t have to work it out do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeh a lovely day . Loads of parks , beaches , canal walks , mountains and forsest to choose from in Dublin

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    People are not that restricted. There are lots and lots of places to go in Dublin if you can be bothered to look.

So youre saying the restrictions serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever then? Welcome to the page the rest of us have been on for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It is more important that cases are reduced so that families can gather at Christmas.

Not deaths or icu admissions, just cases........ Easy solution there, stop testing.

So youre saying the restrictions serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever then? Welcome to the page the rest of us have been on for 6 months
    No, I'm pretty direct. If that's I wanted to say I would have said it. This looks more like you've no argument of your own save to skew other posts to make them suit your narrative.

No, I'm pretty direct. If that's I wanted to say I would have said it. This looks more like you've no argument of your own save to skew other posts to make them suit your narrative.

The argument would have been pretty obvious I would have thought, even to you- that the fact you and co say there’s plenty of places for people to go and do thing makes any “infection control” argument you thought you had laughably redundant - because where you have people you can have spread of this “killer” virus

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

Pretty much - back to 5km but weddings with 6 people and funerals with 10.

https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/resilience-recovery-2020-2021-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/

Not to mention hundreds of thousands jobs lost, as many businesses would not reopen after second full lockdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

What a (Nother) load of rubbish from you. Did the logical gene skip you? It must have.
    And what do you think will happen then? I surely don’t have to work it out do I?

I think any person of moderate intelligence can work it out. If you feel it you are not in this category then I'm sure someone will explain it.

The argument would have been pretty obvious I would have thought, even to you- that the fact you and co say there’s plenty of places for people to go and do thing makes any “infection control” argument you thought you had laughably redundant - because where you have people you can have spread of this “killer” virus

No, unless those people are close to each other you will not have transmission of this virus, the post suggested outdoor activities where this could be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Anyone see the videos of massive party outside last night at Oliver Bond st flats? No wonder we're locked down ffs. Southsiders at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone see the videos of massive party outside last night at Oliver Bond st flats? No wonder we're locked down ffs. Southsiders at it again.

Yes it's here...
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/watch-chaotic-scenes-oliver-bond-18965752

Mad amount of nitrous oxide canisters in the aftermath.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone hazard a guess for what the plan is for 3 weeks time?

1. The virus mysteriously goes away all by itself
    2. We stay at this level 3 or worse for a year/until vaccine
    3. We lift restrictions then or eventually, virus comes back, the circle continues

Have they got a plan

Current measures won’t make a difference in Dublin. So a full move to phase 4 and the rest of the country phase 3

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

I think a week or two from now it will become Level 4. It's just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The virus situation has shown up how poor the administration and governance of the country is. If the government was serious about the lockdown there would be highly visible police and military patrols on the streets. An example would be made of people who are irresponsible. There is far too much Mr nice guy going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Denny61

The virus situation has shown up how poor the administration and governance of the country is. If the government was serious about the lockdown there would be highly visible police and military patrols on the streets. An example would be made of people who are irresponsible. There is far too much Mr nice guy going on.
    Even when there was the full lockdown back months ago .People were still moving freely uninterrupted...its a farce ..trying to coral the Dubliners is beyond impossible..only way is to close down everything bar essential services so as the people will have to stay at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Quite the opposite. There is far too much Nanny State going on. People including pensioners are well informed now as to how to protect themselves and they should be left do that which is what happened in Sweden. I drove through Dublin earlier, horrible to see so much shut down again and completely unnecessary. Loads of pensioners around, you could argue they should know better if they really are at risk.

• Advertisement

Quite the opposite. There is far too much Nanny State going on. People including pensioners are well informed now as to how to protect themselves and they should be left do that which is what happened in Sweden. I drove through Dublin earlier, horrible to see so much shut down again and completely unnecessary. Loads of pensioners around, you could argue they should know better if they really are at risk.

Yes, all those Swedish people in the care homes who died should have known better as should all the pensioners walking around their neighbourhoods in the fresh air, they should be locked up so you can go to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Yes, all those Swedish people in the care homes who died should have known better as should all the pensioners walking around their neighbourhoods in the fresh air, they should be locked up so you can go to the pub.

You're ridiculous. The poster didn't say anything like that. You people function on nothing but dramatics, like children.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

People are not well informed. Many pensioners never studied science at school and have a very limited understanding of how a virus can be transmitted, particularly this virus which is novel.

Many other people are particularly obtuse and ignore any evidence which is put before them, causing a risk to other people.

There is so much ignorance and stupidity that only dramatic state intervention can deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

GT89 wrote: »

What a tosser.
    Such ****e talk out of him... "If I was a pub owner I would be opening the doors" you wouldn't your bollocks mate. You wouldn't be giving yourself a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I would bet my mediocre life savings that in 3 weeks cases will be up in Dublin and the lockdown will be extended. And when we hit November NPHET will be banging on about winter flu season, the next 3 weeks are crucial and will want pubs closed for Christmas.

Going by the way NPHET-FFFG having been running things over the past 7 months...

I'd say we will get to the end of the 3 weeks....They'll wheel Donelly out... "The case numbers are too high, we cannot open pubs/restaurants..." With the October bank holiday coming they will push out any change until the end of the first week in November.... At that stage we're into Cold&Flu season, everyone indoors...everyone wants a test...Thousands of tests will pick up remnants of basically inert Covid virus and that will keep the case count high...

So I'd say we're stuck in this L3 Lockdown into 2021...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Did a quick lap of the city... A few pubs had some hardy drinkers sat outside on a few tables and chairs...
    ....Phoenix park was littered with hundreds of cars jammed onto grass verges everywhere as families tried to get out and do something with their weekends....
    Little coffee vans dotted around with dozens of bored punters lining up to be served a coffee and try feel some sort of normality...
    Basically any public amenity like a park or beach was packed with families in Cars.... Everywhere else was a Ghost Town..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

People are not well informed. Many pensioners never studied science at school and have a very limited understanding of how a virus can be transmitted, particularly this virus which is novel.

Many other people are particularly obtuse and ignore any evidence which is put before them, causing a risk to other people.

There is so much ignorance and stupidity that only dramatic state intervention can deal with it.

Definitely not true and highly insulting to older people. They understand, Wash your hands, wear a mask and keep a social distance... thats all they need to understand and heed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Oh i think you are way off the mark there . Many pensioners had parents who had TB , Polio and Scarlet Fever . Many pensioners had siblings who died of measles and other viral illness
    I think that age group are well aware of how a virus spreads and are one of the most compliant groups

You're not really advancing the argument that they are useless with this, just insulting people, badly at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭vid36

wadacrack wrote: »
    Further 3 weeks after, I dont think cases will drop much and they will be hesitant to open up as Schools would then be in jeopardy. Some other counties may also be on level 3 by then

They whole country will be level 3 before the end of the week, but the real level 3 not the Dublin version.

Advertisement