Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time for a Dublin lockdown?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I saw the Irish Mirror are now publishing the rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Should the thread title be changed to "Is it time for a Cork lockdown"?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Mr.S wrote: »
    I don't get how people can be this stupid.
    Stark wrote: »
    I saw the Irish Mirror are now publishing the rumours.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Supercell wrote: »
    Should the thread title be changed to "Is it time for a Cork lockdown"?

Start a new thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Forgive my ignorance but is the lockdown not supposed to be ending today in Dublin? I know the country is at level 3 so are we all just on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,623 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

never_mind wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance but is the lockdown not supposed to be ending today in Dublin? I know the country is at level 3 so are we all just on that?

Interesting question gov.ie just mentions moving the entire country to Level 3.
    It doesn't say anything about the specific Level 3+ restriction on Dublin re: pubs not being able to serve outdoors without food.

All counties will be at Level 3 for a period of 3 weeks until midnight on 27 October 2020, at which point the situation will be reviewed by the government, based on the status of the virus and public health advice.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/f3d24-all-remaining-counties-to-join-donegal-and-dublin-on-level-3-under-irelands-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

"LOCK DOWN DUBLIN!!!!" they cried "BUILD A WALL AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT" they cried...

*Gardai establish checkpoints going in to Dublin.

"WOAH... HOLD ON A MINUTE..." they cried.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

John_Rambo wrote: »
    "LOCK DOWN DUBLIN!!!!" they cried "BUILD A WALL AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT" they cried...

*Gardai establish checkpoints going in to Dublin.

"WOAH... HOLD ON A MINUTE..." they cried.

/thread

France is using a curfew. Might be more effective?

saabsaab wrote: »

France probably gave the police to the power to enforce it instead of the brain dead way things are done here.

Government - “Don’t travel outside county”
    Gardai set up checkpoints
    Media - “Gardai can’t stop you going where you want”
    Nobody gives a **** and do whatever they want
    And here we are.

Curfew wouldn’t be any different here.

• Advertisement

France probably gave the police to the power to enforce it instead of the brain dead way things are done here.

Government - “Don’t travel outside county”
    Gardai set up checkpoints
    Media - “Gardai can’t stop you going where you want”
    Nobody gives a **** and do whatever they want
    And here we are.

Curfew wouldn’t be any different here.

You're probably right. Not much use if there isn't the will to enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes nationwide level 5 for Christmas

I think you nailed it back there!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    91 cases in Dublin today

The Restrictions are working or there's a big scary backlog to be dropped before the week is up?

600 plus today in Dubland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I'm seeing far too many people ignoring the "no other members of a household allowed" rule

They can put Dublin on Level 92 tomorrow and it still won't matter. The scumbags in the same areas over and over again will ignore it

With Dublin, it's not so much a question about what can be done about Covid but more what can be done about the scumbags laughing at the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

I'm seeing far too many people ignoring the "no other members of a household allowed" rule

They can put Dublin on Level 92 tomorrow and it still won't matter. The scumbags in the same areas over and over again will ignore it

With Dublin, it's not so much a question about what can be done about Covid but more what can be done about the scumbags laughing at the rules

I went outside today and the streets were packed, around the local park especially. No distancing and the usual stopping in the middle of the sidewalks and talking in the street with neighbors.

Here in Dublin it looks more like people have the same attitude as in UK.

I went outside today and the streets were packed, around the local park especially

A particularly rough part of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

A particularly rough part of Dublin?
    by post code close to ground 0

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dublin city absolutely full of people today, was very surprised but not shocked either....

The next while just isn't going to be good at all, gubernment meetings and leaking bits instead of just coming out and telling us what's needed and get through it hopefully.

We are looking at level 4 and it will probably be a 4.5 so we can only wait.

We are looking at level 4 and it will probably be a 4.5 so we can only wait.

I thought Dublin was already on Level 4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

saabsaab wrote: »

Because the virus is more deadly late at night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I thought Dublin was already on Level 4

Nope

Nope

Shows you how convoluted they've made it

Just to reiterate, working class areas have more people working in the community, in retail, food & beverage and in manual jobs with a lot of human contact, they can't work from home. They also have more people living together, sometimes three generations in one small house.

Just to reiterate, working class areas have more people working in the community, in retail, food & beverage

Nah. I've heard this point before on here and it's complete nonsense

As many people from well spoken areas work in these retail sectors as the rough areas

The data, every single week, shows that Joey and Jacinta from Ballyfermot, Ballymun, Finglas, Blanch etc just don't give a fúck

As many people from well spoken areas work in these retail sectors as the rough areas

Really? You think just as many people in houses worth over €1 million in Blackrock work as shelve stackers and till operators in supermarkets and live in small corporation houses with multiple generations as do in Finglas?

Who told you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Nah. I've heard this point before on here and it's complete nonsense

The data, every single week, shows that Joey and Jacinta from Ballyfermot, Ballymun, Finglas, Blanch etc just don't give a fúck

Artane is up there for some reason, where I'm from. It's certainly a working class area traditionally but it's not full of these scumbags that you're trying to depict people as.

Really? You think just as many people in houses worth over €1 million in Blackrock work as shelve stackers and till operators in supermarkets and live in small corporation houses with multiple generations as do in Finglas?

Who told you that?

It's not just Blackrock

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114940170&postcount=2383

Scumbag areas constantly in the top 5 most infected

Well spoken areas (full of people who listen to the rules) are constantly in the bottom 5

You're clutching at straws to argue with data

Artane is up there for some reason, where I'm from. It's certainly a working class area traditionally but it's not full of these scumbags that you're trying to depict people as.

I was surprised at that one. Artane and Whitehall. Could Beaumont hospital have an effect? Lots of nurses, porters and medial staff living in the area.

I was surprised at that one. Artane and Whitehall. Could Beaumont hospital have an effect? Lots of nurses, porters and medial staff living in the area.

Ah yes that def makes sense. Lots of nurses around Beaumont and Artane.

• Advertisement

It's not just Blackrock

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114940170&postcount=2383

Scumbag areas constantly in the top 5 most infected

Well spoken areas (full of people who listen to the rules) are constantly in the bottom 5

You're clutching at straws to argue with data

In fairness they're all working from home getting paid as usual and they aren't out and about as exposed to as many people as those with hands on jobs are.

Advertisement