Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time for a Dublin lockdown?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    It's not just Blackrock

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114940170&postcount=2383

Scumbag areas constantly in the top 5 most infected

Well spoken areas (full of people who listen to the rules) are constantly in the bottom 5

You're clutching at straws to argue with data

What you refer to as scumbag areas are traditionally working class areas. You've just proven my point. Working class areas have more people working in the community, in retail, food & beverage and in manual jobs with a lot of human contact, they can't work from home. They also have more people living together, sometimes three generations in one small house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

In fairness they're all working from home getting paid as usual and they aren't out and about as exposed to as many people as those with hands on jobs are.

Lol seriously? You think all in the least affected areas are WFH?

Bottom line:

The top 5 areas of the most affected areas in Dublin for months now have been those deemed to have "socio-economic problems"

Or, to put it in non PC speak: areas full of skangers who ignore the rules, push Chinese women into rivers and have gangland wars

You know, the usual

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Bottom line:

The top 5 areas of the most affected areas in Dublin for months now have been those deemed to have "socio-economic problems"

Or, to put it in non PC speak, areas full of skangers who ignore the rules, push Chinese women into rivers and have gangland wars

You know, the usual

But Artane/Whitehall is second and they don't have socio-economic problems.
    And yes, I would say the least effected areas are mostly WFH.

Absolutely. People that work from home have less interaction with people. This is an airborne infection.

To simplify it...

Finglas - Two parents and two adult children living in one house, Father works as a mechanic in a busy workshop, mother is a till operator in Dunnes. Adult kid 1 works in construction, adult kid 2 works in Adli. One 20 something daughter has two school going children sharing a room in the same house. The 20 something son has one kid that stays at weekends.

Blackrock - Two parents in a large house with two adult children that don't have kids. Dad is a banker working from home. Mother doesn't work. 20 something adult kids have good jobs in Google and finance working from home. No grandkids yet as they don't tend to have kids that young.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Nah. I've heard this point before on here and it's complete nonsense

As many people from well spoken areas work in these retail sectors as the rough areas

The data, every single week, shows that Joey and Jacinta from Ballyfermot, Ballymun, Finglas, Blanch etc just don't give a fúck

That’s rubbish- people from working class areas live in closer quarters, no facility to wfh- this post smacks of a real Marie Antoinette view of the world

• Advertisement

Has anyone got the LEA breakdown for Dublin this week?

I'd bet money the same rough areas still have the highest incidence rate

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I went outside today and the streets were packed, around the local park especially. No distancing and the usual stopping in the middle of the sidewalks and talking in the street with neighbors.

Here in Dublin it looks more like people have the same attitude as in UK.

I went out in Dublin today and saw the opposite . Neighbour pulling back and distancing , queue in Aldi very organised and went to the park and people politely moving aside .

Has anyone got the LEA breakdown for Dublin this week?

I'd bet money the same rough areas still have the highest incidence rate

You won't get many people betting against you. You don't exactly have to be a member of Mensa to realise that the circumstances haven't changed, so the breakdown won't be much different from the last time you looked condescendingly at the peasants from the ramparts of your castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I went out in Dublin today and saw the opposite . Neighbour pulling back and distancing , queue in Aldi very organised and went to the park and people politely moving aside .

Well, Grafton St was a mess at 6 with hooligans and thugs running the gauntlet with Gardaí. It's time to start breaking their little bones as ordinary recent people are attempting to go to work there. It wouldn't happen down the country. The Guards wouldn't have to waste their energy. Grown men self organise in these situations and teach skangery little men to behave. It may happen yet in Dublin, but unlikely in the city centre.
    I've no doubt it's civilised in the suburbs. But the city centre is a melting pot of incoming trouble.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Well, Grafton St was a mess at 6 with hooligans and thugs running the gauntlet with Gardaí. It's time to start breaking their little bones as ordinary recent people are attempting to go to work there. It wouldn't happen down the country. The Guards wouldn't have to waste their energy. Grown men self organise in these situations and teach skangery little men to behave. It may happen yet in Dublin, but unlikely in the city centre.
    I've no doubt it's civilised in the suburbs. But the city centre is a melting pot of incoming trouble.

Were you at that protest today on Grafton st.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Were you at that protest today on Grafton st.?

I was not. Were you ?

It’s getting to the stage where it’s the only correct answer. Knock seven bells out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ah here, leave it out!

Wow

It looks like the majority in there are complete scum

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wow

It looks like the majority in there are complete scum

Where the sh!t goes the flies follow or some such...

Another angle (close up) of the fash bash today in Grafton Street

What's a Fash Bash?

Organized protests by Yellow Vesters/G*mma supporters?

It's just scumbags looking for a day out tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The "fash bash"...
    Definitive proof that we now live in a post-truth society. Masked police violently breaking up a peaceful protest for personal liberty on the most spurious of grounds and it's the people getting clubbed who are called far right. What's most depressing is that if you look through twitter it's mainly young members of the public cheering them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It’s getting to the stage where it’s the only correct answer. Knock seven bells out of them.

True
    Guards are supposed to enforce the law and if that's what it takes then so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

An Ri rua wrote: »

Well Dublin is a bit bigger than Grafton street so its unfair to lump us all together
    Personally I think scum like that should be baton charged and walloped
    But my point was that we are not all down in Grafton street acting the eejit
    Many in Dublin are doing their best to cope anc comply and try to see this through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

sabat wrote: »
    The "fash bash"...
    Definitive proof that we now live in a post-truth society. Masked police violently breaking up a peaceful protest for personal liberty on the most spurious of grounds and it's the people getting clubbed who are called far right . What's most depressing is that if you look through twitter it's mainly young members of the public cheering them on.

Post truth :pac: ? Peaceful protest :pac: ? Didn't look too peaceful from the videos did it?

Lovely videos to watch this morning, fascist, racist, anti science anti society scumbags getting a battering, it's feckin lovely to watch. Well deserved, keep it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

The "fash bash"...
    Definitive proof that we now live in a post-truth society. Masked police violently breaking up a peaceful protest for personal liberty on the most spurious of grounds and it's the people getting clubbed who are called far right. What's most depressing is that if you look through twitter it's mainly young members of the public cheering them on.

I swear you actually want to live in an authoritarian country where rights are actually trampled on just so your massive victim complex can feel all warm and fuzzy.

Just look at the absolute scrote squaring up to the garda and looking for a reaction to see all you need to know about all of these bull**** 'movements'. A slap of a baton across the jaw would of done that clown and his inevitable future victims a world of good.

The "fash bash"...

That some load of crap. It’s like that’s what you wanted it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

They have no respect for the guards do they? Shouting abuse and pushing as far as they can get. I’d be fairly anti-violence and would rather talk things out, but I suppose it would be hard to reason with people like that (conspiracy theorist, anti-science ignoramuses).
    And I don’t blame the guards for shouting at them and being a bit rough. They shouldn’t have to put up with such little respect from people.

I don’t think the protesters have a right to protest. No gatherings are allowed under current laws. We are trying to reduce the spread of a virus. I don’t understand how some posters are defending their right to protest.

Video footage of more Dublin scumbags having a "protest" today

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/jglp1i/the_cringe_is_off_the_charts/

If this wasn't such a serious matter, it would be hilarious to watch

Some random scroate: starts the Our father prayer to a Guard :confused:

Another (or maybe the same) scroate: incoherently brings Farmers into his "speech" at the end

The Guards seem to be (finally) fighting back at the Yellow Vesters. If there's another big protest by them tomorrow in the city centre I think we'll see the Guards absolutely knocking the bollix out of them

And about time too

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Scumbags because you don't like their accent? :rolleyes:

If this wasn't such a serious matter, it would be hilarious to watch

Some random scroate: starts the Our father prayer to a Guard :confused:

Another (or maybe the same) scroate: incoherently brings Farmers into his "speech" at the end

The Guards seem to be (finally) fighting back at the Yellow Vesters. If there's another big protest by them tomorrow in the city centre I think we'll see the Guards absolutely knocking the bollix out of them

And about time too

The Gardai should go to town on them like it’s Lansdowne road in 95. A cracked skull will behave next time.

timeToLive wrote: »
    Scumbags because you don't like their accent? :rolleyes:

No, scumbags because that's what they are

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

No, scumbags because that's what they are

I'll take that as "yes, but I won't admit it on a public forum. Only behind closed doors" ;)

• Advertisement

timeToLive wrote: »
    I'll take that as "yes, but I won't admit it on a public forum. Only behind closed doors" ;)

You’d take it completely wrong.

Advertisement