Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead is ending | Season 11 (2022)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Ah no episode 14 is out now. Dollars is definitely still used as currency in the commonwealth which doesn't make sense as they can't control money supply

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

Where gave you seen episode 14 ?

Disney+ put episodes up a few hours after they air in the US. Episode 13 was made available on Monday morning and episode 14. Won’t air in the US until next Sunday.

AMC Plus airs the episodes a week earlier than AMC- so 14 was out March 20

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

Season 11 starts on RTE 2 tonight at 11.30

• Advertisement

The commonwealth storyline is becoming a bit frantic with a number of characters being killed. Not sure hoe much time has passed since the previous season but the negan storyline suggests a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 poppysee

Is The Walking Dead worth watching? I stopped after season 7.

I think the second half of Negan storyline was good- I didnt enjoy season 7 myself, was way too brutal. I think seasons 10 and 11 are one of the best of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Dead in the Water (webisodes) is a fairly decent watch - origin of the sub from FTWD

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2 new episodes of the second half of FTWD S7 dropped today too.

• Advertisement

Have RTE2 stopped showing the last season,think it stopped a few weeks back at around episode 8?

Well season 11 is in 3 parts so that is probably why

Ep 17 and Ep 18 aired on AMC+ last night.

Ep 17 will be available to stream via Disney Plus from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Thanks for heads up, I’ll avoid spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

FYI - final episode airs on November 20th.

Currently the AMC+ streaming platform is airing the S11 final episodes 1 week ahead of terrestrial tv but the final episode will be aired at the same time on both.

The show is ending with a bang at least - plenty of good episodes in this final season

Not sure im happy with treatment of Negan. He has traumatiaed directlu a number of the current survivors but they were still willing to die for him. The commonwealth storyline is good.

The enemy of my enemy...they know what he can be like

True but beating to death two of the core group members in front of the others and the whole woman used for sex for protection is at a whole different level and i cant see why the relatives of those he killed have not killed him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

He did his time in jail and redeemed himself by killing Alpha. If not for him, all their heads would be on stakes long ago.

I am so disappointed with these final episodes. I think there is a b movie vibe, filming looks to be done on the cheap and the intro montage with Juliet’s voiceover is cringe

Last few episodes have been pretty good imo. Premultimate episode was especially good and a nice throwback moment to s2. Have to wait two weeks for the finale now.

episode 23 was excellent- pretty brutal for the modern walking dead seasons. The earliest seasons were very brutal in terms of people killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

The climbing zombies would have been great to explore a few seasons back, pity we won't get to see more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The whole Negan thing is bloody stupid. The very idea that Maggie would even be remotely willing to be in the same room as that psychopath after what he did to Glenn is just insulting to the audience's intellect.

In any case, TWD has been scuppered ever since Andrew Lincoln jumped ship for a film career that never materialised. It's littered with a ton of non-entities, now, that nobody gives a damn about and with just one episode to go I can't see this thing ending satisfactorily at all.

What a shame the show had to boil down to this insipid result.

Unfortunately Negan is a fan favourite so the argument is he stopped Alpha so should be forgiven.Feels like forgiving Stalin for stopping hitler.

I do like some of the newer characters and Ricks character was getting very stale. I think the middle seasons were much worse than the later seasons, like that season where they met the people that literally lived in a dump and their female leader talked like Yoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

That whole garbage pail kids thing was one of the nadirs of the show for sure. Had something like that gets past the ideas stage I'll never know. But, yeh, the only reason Negan is still alive is that Jeffery Dean Morgan has more charisma than the rest of the cast combined. That aside, there's just no bloody way on earth that I'll accept any nonsense excuses for someone not putting a bullet in his face a long, long, time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Felt v bad for Lydia in penultimate episode. Thought she'd been through enough already.

Hey could be worse. Remember what happened to carl

• Advertisement

Common theory is that the Commonwealth are in cohoots with the Civic Republic and that the expelled people are given to the CRM as "A" specimens. In episode 23 as the Commonwealth was starting to buckle from civil unrest as well as the herd, Pamela called someone on a walkie talkie that was hidden away in her desk drawer. I wouldn't be surprised if the CRM arrive at the Commonwealth in the last episode to save Pamela's ass and seize control of the Commonwealth city.

Regarding the smart walkers or varients, they were in the show since the very start of the series but walkers were an unknown quanity back in the early seasons. If you remember season 1, Rick first found them locked behind a chained door at the hospital. Their hands trying to get through the gap to open the door. Morgan's turned wife also kept returning to their home and tried to open the front door. However as the seasons rolled on, walkers became less threatening with it shifting more to other people or groups fighting over what resources were left. I think they reintroducing other varients now as a more formidable threat again in order to roll into the spin offs shows. They started that with World Beyond final episode post credit scene were a strong, fast and very agressive walker varient was beating down a steel door which appeared to be in France.

Advertisement