Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 12 (Chauvigny - Sarran, 218 km)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Finished at the head of the peleton - 12th?
    13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

kmart6 wrote: »
    So Sagan got 4 points on the line so he gained 2 back on Bennett overall today.

That's not too bad, as my granddaughter says, when things don't go completely her way.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,385 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think Nico was 10th there?
    He will be claiming he was trying to deny Sagan the points to help SamB (and help a teammate to win the stage).
    :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Delighted for Hirschi, thoroughly deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think the only stage remaining that Sagan could win/podium and Sam could score no points is Stage 19.
    All the other stages will be too hard for Sagan, except for the final stage in Paris but Sam will be in contention there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think the only stage remaining that Sagan could win/podium and Sam could score no points is Stage 19.
    All the other stages will be too hard for Sagan, except for the final stage in Paris but Sam will be in contention there too.

If the GC guys take it easy early on on stage 14, could see Sagan sticking with them and contesting that one too. The hard climbing is at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭secman

kmart6 wrote: »
    So Sagan got 4 points on the line so he gained 2 back on Bennett overall today.

But Sam was ahead of hom in tbe intermediary sprint.
    Think Sam gained 2 overall on him today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

retalivity wrote: »
    If the GC guys take it easy early on on stage 14, could see Sagan sticking with them and contesting that one too. The hard climbing is at the start

I'd be hopeful that a big breakaway will ride off into the sunset finish and take all the points. We're getting near that point of the race when breakaway groups are allowed a huge amount of time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm expecting similar tactics from DQS as today for any stages that Sagan tries to make the break. Mark him out of it, and/or make sure Alaphilippe is in it with a.n.other.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

secman wrote: »
    Intermediate sprint:
    7. Bennett 9pts
    9. Sagan 7pts

Bennett gained 2 pts

Finish line:
    13. Sagan 4 points
    160. Bennett 0 pts

Sagan gained 4 pts.

Overall Sagan gained 2 pts on the stage.

Results after Stage 11:
    1. Bennett 243 pts
    2. Sagan 175 pts (68 pts behind)

Results after Stage 12:
    1. Bennett 252 pts
    2. Sagan 186 pts (66 pts behind)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,385 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

secman wrote: »

Sagan got 4 points for 13th place finish on the stage,

It's now 252 v 186 points.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Doc07

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Great work by Nicolas Roche chasing down Alaphilippe nd co to disrupt the chase

Hirschi deserved that win ..could go on and get KOM too

Roche was class, half killed in a crash 2 days ago and able to perform at that level today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭BQQ

Doc07 wrote: »
    Roche was class, half killed in a crash 2 days ago and able to perform at that level today.

Remarkable what he did today after that crash
    He's performed at an admirably high level consistently through his career
    saw this on Twitter [ top 10 in GT stage top 10s ]

s=20https://twitter.com/StatsOnCycling/status/1304107593275781133?s=20

Roche at the tour this year looks like a man invigorated by the prospects of others around him and putting his experience to work. If he can't get a stage he's sure as hell going to make sure someone in the team does.

As for Hirschi, when I saw him get caught and slot on the back and tighten his shoes the other day I knew he had a win in him at some point this year. You can't train that kind of mentality and determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Doc07

As for Hirschi, when I saw him get caught and slot on the back and tighten his shoes the other day I knew he had a win in him .

That’s was a brilliant to see in action, was like a scene that could have been written for that cheesy cycling movie ‘Breaking Away’

Advertisement