Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend tested positive

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

Friend of mine was tested last Friday and had his positive test confirmed last night I'd been in his house last Tuesday night so I'm a close contact. I've contacted my doctor and she doesn't think I need to be tested or to isolate surely that's incorrect what should I do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mikeoc85

DD1518 wrote: »
    Friend of mine was tested last Friday and had his positive test confirmed last night I'd been in his house last Tuesday night so I'm a close contact. I've contacted my doctor and she doesn't think I need to be tested or to isolate surely that's incorrect what should I do ?

If you were a close contact then absolutely. Reality is they were most likely positive for the virus a few days before hand as it takes a little while to develop in your system.

mikeoc85 wrote: »
    If you were a close contact then absolutely. Reality is they were most likely positive for the virus a few days before hand as it takes a little while to develop in your system.

So therefore I should isolate for a 2 week period is that correct. Waiting on the contact tracing team to get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

I never reported him as it would have ruined my relationship with a lot of people in the locality, I know that's not right, but it was the reality.
    The height of selfishness.

Uh-huh.

It depends when your friend first got symptoms. If you were in contact with them more than 48 hours before they got symptoms, you are not considered a close contact

• Advertisement

It depends when your friend first got symptoms. If you were in contact with them more than 48 hours before they got symptoms, you are not considered a close contact

He started to show symptoms last Wednesday and Thursday thought he had the common cold but ended up being tested and came back positive last night. Turns out another guy he was working with was diagnosed last weekend also and has only disclosed this information to him today.

Just got contacted by contact tracing team will have to be tested doctor was totally incorrect this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Just got contacted by contact tracing team will have to be tested doctor was totally incorrect this morning.

It is madness if randomers on the Internet know more about the virus and protocols than a GP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I have a question if anyone might help.

My friend is a contact of a positive case.
    She is restricting her movements and phoned the GP.

She has had no contact from the contact tracers.

What is the official advice to my friend?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I have a question if anyone might help.

My friend is a contact of a positive case.
    She is restricting her movements and phoned the GP.

She has had no contact from the contact tracers.

What is the official advice to my friend?

Self Isolate until friend gets a call from contact tracing or gets a test through the GP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

I hope everybody at the club recovers and that none of them have at risk children or parents. A very stressful time for alot of people I'd imagine. At least your friend had his fun.

More fool you for your loyalty to a person who clearly doesn't care about you or his community.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

robindch wrote: »
    I had dinner with a friend on Sunday, 23rd August. The next day, after meeting for coffee with my 82-year old dad who has an underlying health condition, and my sister and her her immuno-compromized child

Your friend is not behaving responsibly and does not respect the sacrifices that other people are making.

Maybe I am missing some context here, but how on earth can you criticize someone for not being responsible and then come out with that story, YOU are not being responsible. I have at risk parents, and I do not meet with them until I have isolated for 2 weeks beforehand. If I meet with my own friends or other social activity I wait 2 weeks before visiting anyone potentially at risk.

I've even been criticized by people because I think my responsibility is to the people I meet and not anyone further up the chain as I expect people to have responsibility to the people in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ok, I'm surprised to hear that. I assumed the HSE would be in touch with people. One friend that spent a lot of time with him in the past week still won't isolate, we're all furious with him...he plays gaelic football and they have an importnt championship match this weekend so he doesn't want to miss that. His excuse is he's not showing any symptoms. What are the guidelines around that?

I'd suggest both of ye arrange a test and self isolate

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭maneno

I never reported him as it would have ruined my relationship with a lot of people in the locality, I know that's not right, but it was the reality.

I, as I'm sure others, no longer see him in the same light following the incident. The height of selfishness.

The funny part is, it's individuals like this, that are still allowed to travel around the country playing sport as they are seen as 'elite', even if we move to level 4.

You are as bad as your friend for not reporting. So your locality would have preferred people being infected? And people wonder why the rate of infection is going up, its not only people like him being selfish, BUT people like you also looking after their own perceived "relationships" versus peoples health

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This thread is a prime example of why we may end up with more restrictions that have a major impact on the economy. I have no doubt that there is a percentage of people who act the way this footballer did,absolutely oblivious to the consequences.
    If the existing rules and regulations aee followed there would be zero need for tougher restrictions

Advertisement