Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kronsegler

• 10-09-2020 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

Guy in work bought a KronSegler watch which he loves (most important). He's asked if I know anything about them which I said I don't. Not much online about their real history or any pedigree. Does anyone have any info or experience with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Never heard of them at all. One of the fashion watch brands maybe? Nothing wrong with that, as you say he loves it so game ball.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Interesting pieces.
    bf170daff8d69178566b3375e21e76da6d22268b.jpg

Odd mix of the classic and the modern.

Haven't a rasher's beyond that.

Which model has your mate got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Interesting pieces.
    bf170daff8d69178566b3375e21e76da6d22268b.jpg

Odd mix of the classic and the modern.

Haven't a rasher's beyond that.

Which model has your mate got?

https://www.kronsegler.de/index.php/product?id=72#

This one in silver.
    800 pieces and claims to have a piece of 14 million year old meteor inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Fitz II

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Guy in work bought a KronSegler watch which he loves (most important). He's asked if I know anything about them which I said I don't. Not much online about their real history or any pedigree. Does anyone have any info or experience with them?

Lets be honest here, this is a ropey brand and the designs are an acquired taste to say the least. I always put these 800-1k microbrand watches in the danger zone of watch collecting. Expensive enough that you are missing out on some good decent watches but cheap enough that they get purchased on a whim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I love some microbrands but this has the style of a cheap Aliexpress watch. Meteor is a sales gimmick, but in fairness, we all fall for some form of gimmick.

EDIT:Just to to clarify as that may have come across as snobby, I have watches other people think are horrible and I love them. The only thing that matters IMHO is that it makes the owner happy. I have bought into gimmicks that people probably think are bullshít but I like. I mean, I was about to pull the trigger on a mondaine stop2go, as gimmicky as it gets. I'd hate to put someone off buying a watch they like because it's not for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I'm quite fond of meteorite actually - got one in my Hamtun H2 - the muionlusta one.

Though of course someone made the good point that well the Earth is a few billion years old too...

I think dial materials etc. can make things interesting for plenty of people. Be it meteorite, enamel, cloisonné, the honeycomb of AP or the Grand Seiko snowflakes.

Seems to me that this brand is almost definitely using some Chinese supplier to get the watches manufactured wholesale in China - and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that :) - the movement isn't named - could be miyota 8 series or seiko or Chinese - for 800+ euro I think you're primarily buying for design so if your friend likes it then great :)

I noticed the piece of meteorite is that little bit at 6 o'clock. Kyle Schut is about to release their $349 Cuda watch where the full dial face is made of burnt meteorite - a pretty cool look and really keenly priced in my opinion:
    https://www.signumwatches.com/

80BEBF89-CAD9-4905-BF2B-A36B6BFCA7C3_540x.jpeg?v=1590435695

Advertisement