Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

36 month aged parmesan

• 10-09-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get this in Dublin, or nationwide?

My daughter is lactose intolerant apparently well aged parmesan has no lactose so am keen to try it out.

I found a shop in Italy who want €18 postage for delivery so would like to get something local if possible. I have tried Sheridans but they don't stock it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Maybe Fallon and Byrne, Dollard and Co. or Loose Canon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think you are after parmigiano reggiano. It is parmesen that has been aged from a minimum of 18 months to 36 months. You'll find it in any of the main supermarkets but check the packaging to see if it is aged 18 months or if it is longer than that. I could be wrong but I think Aldi do sell the 36 month version or at least they did a couple of years ago.

But if it is only 18 months of age in the supermarkets then this Italian food wholesaler (who are open to the public) sells 30 month old and 40 month old parmigiano reggiano
    http://www.littleitalyltd.com/product_cat/italian-cheese/

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Yes aldi still sell 36 month aged parmesan, its the best value I've seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Little Italy in Smithfield
    http://www.littleitalyltd.com/product/parmigiano-reggiano-40-month-200g/

Or Best of Italy in Ranelagh should see you right.

Any good cheesemonger such as Sheridan's as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

The Aldi one is class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I called to Best of Italy in Ranelagh and got a 30 month aged parmesan. It was about €8.50 for 100 grams! I can't taste the difference between it and the normal 18 month aged one we normally would have got but if my lactose intolerant daughter can tolerate it, it's well worth it.

Little Italy have much better value and I will use them next and will also check out Aldi.

Many thanks for the helpful advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Aldi one is 24 months https://www.aldi.ie/parmigiano-reggiano/p/069137049680400
    Is there another one?
    Or perhaps 2 years is enough?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got a 30 month one in Aldi yesterday.

20200911-154423.jpg

Advertisement