Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Pass on the Luas

Options
  • 10-09-2020 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Can I use the pensioners TRAVEL PASS on the Luas.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yes, you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Amirani wrote: »
    Yes, you can.

Thank you! I never travelled on the Luas but I have hospital app!! Another question...do I need to scan my Travel Pass & get a ticket from a machine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

hillbloom wrote: »
    Thank you! I never travelled on the Luas but I have hospital app!! Another question...do I need to scan my Travel Pass & get a ticket from a machine.

Tap on and off at the validators. You don't need to get a ticket. If you forget, it is not the end of the world. I think they want you to tap for stats.

From: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/9a2223-free-travel-pass-how-to-use-it/#using-your-psc-free-travel-card-on-luas-services

Using your PSC Free Travel Card on Luas services
    Touch your card against the Validator on the platform before and after your trip.
    Remove the card when you hear a beep or see the green light.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Its such a stupid system but best tap it on the validator as above it gives them the numbers travelling, so many don't and then no increase will come in capacity.

Also for spouse or companion passes these aren't added.

The bus it is if used correctly.

Advertisement