Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

pearcider wrote: »
    You’re the one hailing communist China and their freedom loving response to their own virus.You work for the WHO?

If you can interpret what I said as "hailing communist China",
    and then conclude I work for the WHO,
    I suppose it's not surprising you misinterpret some much else.

Reason and logic are important, otherwise it's just meaningless mud slinging.
    We're not going to have much of a discussion if all you can respond with are insults and wild assumptions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Ok I’ll post studies and you can undermine them all one by one. This will be good.

First one;

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32790942/

Remember that the fools that advised our governments made crazy predictions that were absurdly wrong but never actually got called out on them. They predicted hundred times the deaths than actually occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Simply look at the curves. I’m not doing your leg work since you’re nothing but an apologist for totalitarianism.

This is the "look it up yourself" deflection. You are making a very specific and extraordinary claim (among many), the onus is on you to back it up. If you can't demonstrate it properly, then your claim is baseless.

As far as I can follow here, you are claiming that the world's governments and scientists and virologists are miraculously all working together, to trick everyone in the world that Covid-19 is highly contagious as a ruse to implement lockdowns to destroy economies, so that all these world governments can enact total control over everyone via global Communism/Fascism (you haven't decided yet, so it's both for now apparently) as part of some big final solution thing

That's the gist of it right?

PintOfView wrote: »
    If you can interpret what I said as "hailing communist China",
    and then conclude I work for the WHO,
    I suppose it's not surprising you misinterpret some much else.

Reason and logic are important, otherwise it's just meaningless mud slinging.
    We're not going to have much of a discussion if all you can respond with are insults and wild assumptions!

You’re pro lockdown I get it. We should be more like China and just have the government run all of our personal lives. You’re one of “them” the fifth column in western society.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ok I’ll post studies and you can undermine them all one by one. This will be good.

First one;

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32790942/
    Cool. Finally.

Where in that study does it say "lockdowns don't work."
    Cause from what I see, it doesn't and you're once again lying.

Perhaps rather than posting new studies that you're obviously googling in desperation, we could go back to the previous studies you posted and lied about.

• Advertisement

You’re pro lockdown I get it. We should be more like China and just have the government run all of our personal lives. You’re one of “them” the fifth column in western society.

You don't seem to understand how the virus spreads. So to ask this question (again)

How does Covid-19 spread from one person to another according to you?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You don't seem to understand how the virus spreads. So to ask this question (again)

How does Covid-19 spread from one person to another according to you?

I think he's regressed to the claim that covid doesn't exist and it's actually the flu.

The data all show the lockdowns and mask don’t work. Just compare Sweden and the U.K. and ourselves - no difference. Also it’s a fact that Covid all but disappeared in the summer in Europe. This is all political. You’re being made fools of.

What do you define as lockdowns working vs not working?
    If lockdowns stop people getting the virus, and stop people dying, is that not working?

Lockdowns definitely give us the space to vaccinate, and save people, and then the lockdowns can be lifted.

Also, the UK locked down a week after us last year, and had a much higher death toll at that time, and nearly lost their prime minister.
    As regards Sweden, they have had a much higher death toll than ourselves, despite a de facto lockdown (funerals limited to 20 people, masks on public transport, 8 people max can meet together, lots of people working from home, etc)

Remember that the fools that advised our governments made crazy predictions that were absurdly wrong but never actually got called out on them. They predicted hundred times the deaths than actually occurred.

If someone predicts 50,000 deaths if we don't lockdown,
    and then we do lockdown, and deaths are only 5,000
    was that person, who predicted 50,000 deaths, a fool?

Can you not see how ridiculous what you are saying is?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    This is the "look it up yourself" deflection. You are making a very specific and extraordinary claim (among many), the onus is on you to back it up. If you can't demonstrate it properly, then your claim is baseless.

As far as I can follow here, you are claiming that the world's governments and scientists and virologists are miraculously all working together, to trick everyone in the world that Covid-19 is highly contagious as a ruse to implement lockdowns to destroy economies, so that all these world governments can enact total control over everyone via global Communism/Fascism (you haven't decided yet, so it's both for now apparently) as part of some big final solution thing

That's the gist of it right?

Yeah they bury studies and scientists that go against their narrative. They promote creeps like Neil Ferguson and Tomas Ryan. Don’t even get me started on the big tech censorship of dissenting voices many of them scientists.

If the government actually gave a care, they would’ve provided every household with vitamin d supplements for free. But they don’t - this is all just a power grab. Welcome to the new world.

• Advertisement

Yeah they bury studies and scientists that go against their narrative..
    So why do you believe there are studies that support your claims?
    That's contradictory.

Yes, I'm pro lockdown, if the situation demands it.
    I'm obviously not pro locking down without a good reason.

How does anything I've said lead you to believe I think we should be more like China.
    And why are you so obsessed with China?

If someone predicts 50,000 deaths if we don't lockdown,
    and then we do lockdown, and deaths are only 5,000
    was that person, who predicted 50,000 deaths, a fool?

Can you not see how ridiculous what you are saying is?

They predicted 95,000 deaths in the first wave in Sweden. No lockdown. No mandatory masks. Actual deaths 4.5k.

Japan had no lockdown either and only had 70 deaths per million vs over 2,000 in the UK which went through the toughest lockdown in the world.

You’re being laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

So the guidelines make the flu non existent but yet covid comes back in the winter anyway. So you admit the lockdowns don’t work. All a bit pointless then wasn’t it.

It doesn’t seem like you understand much about how viruses work. It’s only in your world that 2+2=1328.

Yes, I'm pro lockdown, if the situation demands it.
    I'm obviously not pro locking down without a good reason.

How does anything I've said lead you to believe I think we should be more like China.
    And why are you so obsessed with China?

Lockdown doesn’t work. I’m not obsessed with China you brought them up in a why can’t we all be good little compliant Chinese kinda way. Disgusting and disturbing how common your point of view is now as well.

It doesn’t seem like you understand much about how viruses work. It’s only in your world that 2+2=1328.

Ok you keep slurping down that propaganda. Enjoy.

Yeah they bury studies and scientists that go against their narrative. They promote creeps like Neil Ferguson and Tomas Ryan. Don’t even get me started on the big tech censorship of dissenting voices many of them scientists.

If the government actually gave a care, they would’ve provided every household with vitamin d supplements for free. But they don’t - this is all just a power grab. Welcome to the new world.

Okay so every single government in the world is in on this plan without exception? So e.g. Trump was working with Putin and the Chinese when he implemented lockdown and told people to wear masks? The Danish, and Swedish, and Norwegian, and Scottish national assembly are all (secretly) Nazi levels of evil and are actively working to destroy their own economies to usher in some global mega government?

What are you doing to prepare for all this?

Japan had no lockdown either.
    Japan had and has restrictions. Including mask wearing that is pretty ubiquitous.

Why are you ignoring my posts where I directly point out that you are lying about the studies you post?
    Why do you have to ignore and lie all the time?

King Mob wrote: »
    Cool. Finally.

Where in that study does it say "lockdowns don't work."
    Cause from what I see, it doesn't and you're once again lying.

Perhaps rather than posting new studies that you're obviously googling in desperation, we could go back to the previous studies you posted and lied about.

Read the conclusion. I’m not desperate or manic don’t fret about me.

Here’s another one for ya. This one from Stanford. You might’ve heard of it. It’s a pretty good school.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.22.20160341v3

Read the conclusion.
    Yes. I have read the conclusion.
    It does not say that lockdowns don't work.

Why are you lying when we can read what it says easily?

Additionally, the study itself cannot possibly determine if lockdowns work to stop the spread of the virus as it's an economic study, not a medical one.

What's happened here I think is you've found this study on some conspiracy crank's website or youtube page. He told you that it shows lockdowns work. You accepted that and never actually read the study.

So now you have, why lie? Who are you expecting to trick with this?

• Advertisement

Japan had no lockdown either and only had 70 deaths per million vs over 2,000 in the UK which went through the toughest lockdown in the world.

You’re being laughed at.

See here for some info on Japan, so yes, they did have a lockdown

"On 27 February 2020, Abe (Japanese prime minister) requested the temporary closure of all Japanese elementary, junior high, and high schools until early April 2020. ....
    On 7 April 2020, Abe proclaimed a one-month state of emergency for Tokyo and the prefectures of Kanagawa, Saitama, Chiba, Osaka, Hyogo, and Fukuoka.
    On 16 April 2020, the declaration was extended to the rest of the country for an indefinite period.
    The state of emergency was lifted in an increasing number of prefectures during May 2020, extending to the whole country by 25 May 2020.

Japan's death rate per capita from coronavirus is one of the lowest in the developed world, despite its aging population. Factors suggested to explain this include the government response, a milder strain of the virus, cultural habits such as bowing etiquette and wearing face masks, hand washing with sanitizing equipment, a protective genetic trait, and a relative immunity conferred by the mandatory BCG tuberculosis vaccine."

Yes. I have read the conclusion.
    It does not say that lockdowns don't work.

Why are you lying when we can read what it says easily?

Additionally, the study itself cannot possibly determine if lockdowns work to stop the spread of the virus as it's an economic study, not a medical one.

What's happened here I think is you've found this study on some conspiracy crank's website or youtube page. He told you that it shows lockdowns work. You accepted that and never actually read the study.

So now you have, why lie? Who are you expecting to trick with this?

Conclusion: This suggests that the costs of continuing severe restrictions are so great relative to likely benefits in lives saved that a rapid easing in restrictions is now warranted.

Most obtuse poster on boards. You’re a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Ok you keep slurping down that propaganda. Enjoy.

What propaganda? The facts you mean?

I have the ability to critically think. Unfortunately it appears that you don’t have the same ability. You swallow bitchute crap. How much have you invested in these grifters?

Have you answered any questions to back up your BS yet?

See here for some info on Japan, so yes, they did have a lockdown

"On 27 February 2020, Abe (Japanese prime minister) requested the temporary closure of all Japanese elementary, junior high, and high schools until early April 2020. ....
    On 7 April 2020, Abe proclaimed a one-month state of emergency for Tokyo and the prefectures of Kanagawa, Saitama, Chiba, Osaka, Hyogo, and Fukuoka.
    On 16 April 2020, the declaration was extended to the rest of the country for an indefinite period.
    The state of emergency was lifted in an increasing number of prefectures during May 2020, extending to the whole country by 25 May 2020.

Japan's death rate per capita from coronavirus is one of the lowest in the developed world, despite its aging population. Factors suggested to explain this include the government response, a milder strain of the virus, cultural habits such as bowing etiquette and wearing face masks, hand washing with sanitizing equipment, a protective genetic trait, and a relative immunity conferred by the mandatory BCG tuberculosis vaccine."

They did not have a lockdown all bars restaurants and businesses remained open. They just had to close earlier.

Conclusion: This suggests that the costs of continuing severe restrictions are so great relative to likely benefits in lives saved that a rapid easing in restrictions is now warranted.

Most obtuse poster on boards. You’re a joke.
    Yes. And no where in that conclusion does it say "Lockdowns don't work."

No need to throw out baseless insults.
    No need to lie.

Yet you do anyway...

Lockdown doesn’t work. I’m not obsessed with China you brought them up in a why can’t we all be good little compliant Chinese kinda way. Disgusting and disturbing how common your point of view is now as well.

Again, you misinterpreted what I said about China.
    You can go back and look again if you like.

If you rush around, half reading things, and not taking the time to digest what you are reading, how can you hope to have a correct understanding?

They did not have a lockdown all bars restaurants and businesses remained open. They just had to close earlier.
    Yes, much earlier and most also implemented measures like mask wearing, hand desanitising and social distancing when they were open.

What propaganda? The facts you mean?

I have the ability to critically think. Unfortunately it appears that you don’t have the same ability. You swallow bitchute crap. How much have you invested in these grifters?

Have you answered any questions to back up your BS yet?

I’ve answered a lot of questions actually. Here’s a study for you. Enjoy being made a fool of.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33400268/

Yes, much earlier and most also implemented measures like mask wearing, hand desanitising and social distancing when they were open.

They were open. They did not lockdown. Maybe because they are not fools that are led by hysterical media and narcissistic public officials.

• Advertisement

Again, you misinterpreted what I said about China.
    You can go back and look again if you like.

If you rush around, half reading things, and not taking the time to digest what you are reading, how can you hope to have a correct understanding?

Anyone who compliments China in this is just a gombeen to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement