Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

pearcider wrote: »
    Open up all you like but covid and the response to it by the world authorities has moved their agenda forward by about 30 years.

Ah you are back, the questions I asked earlier:

How does Covid spread according to you?

This big collapse that you claim is coming, what are you doing to prepare for it? (and when is it going to happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Russell Brand has released a good video about the WEF and explaining the perils of allowing powerful big tech companies to control many different aspects of our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

arccosh wrote: »
    some great stuff in that study, but as was mentioned already, it focuses more so on the impact of lockdown and the wider implications rather than it's impact on Covid.

Although you did answer your own point earlier where you mentioned that in the study, it said something along the lines (sorry I'm paraphrasing cos I can't be arsed looking back) "lockdown didn't work because it wasn't implemented properly"....

This is the key point..... if people had one big hard lockdown, which Ireland and a lot of countries didn't do, we wouldn't be in this situation of "flattening the curve"....

unfortunately, that involves lots of socio-economic factors, and with hindsight, one big long lockdown would have been the best option everywhere, and we'd probably be done with it at this point...

a key point for Ireland also is, it highlights the major issues in the health service, in it's management and government's lack of understanding and ability to take advice about.... this isn't something that can be fixed over night, but it has seriously thrown a fuel truck on the fire ....

The only way to effectively attack the virus now is knee jerk lockdowns and eventually the vaccine..... if you're a person who can get it, and fight it off naturally, great, lots can't and are being protected with this lockdown...

What’s a big hard lockdown? Define that please. You saying that a big hard lockdown is actually feasible? How could a big hard lockdown work when we had no restrictions on travel...even now a year later the restrictions are a farce...Austria in the list but Poland isn’t? You see your problem is you believe the politicians and their cronies have our best interests at heart. They don’t.

With respect to lockdowns I mean at what point are you cutting off your nose to spite your face? Let’s not forget these same government advisors (all with fat salaries guaranteed by the government I might add) and their models were miles off. 95k deaths vs 5k in Sweden. Sweden has actually done better than U.K. but they didn’t nuke their economy in the process. Lockdowns are like fire bombing an entire city to take out an enemy factory...which funny enough is what the Anglo American establishment did to Japan and Germany in WW2. Lockdown strategy reminds me of the US military strategy in Vietnam...”We had to destroy the village in order to save it.”

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Ah you are back, the questions I asked earlier:

How does Covid spread according to you?

This big collapse that you claim is coming, what are you doing to prepare for it? (and when is it going to happen)

Sorry I have a life. No comment on the YouTube censorship story no?

I’m not sure why you are asking me about covid spreading. I believe the official narrative more or less but it’s the official response to it here in Ireland that’s so disturbing to me and the astonishing censorship of all dissent or even debate in the public discourse.

We are living through the crisis by the way and there ain’t a whole lot you can do to prepare for it except have good family and neighbours and help your fellow man in the hard times that lie ahead.

If you are asking me to speculate...According to the theory of the fourth turning which I find compelling, we can expect the crisis to resolve in 2025 when a new generation comes to power.

That theory dovetails nicely with other indicators such as the end of the dollar as the global reserve currency (central banks no longer able to get around Triffins dilemma), the reset of our international monetary system created in 1971 (50 years old on 15 August this year) and the Great Reset narrative pedalled by the party of Davos who are clearly telegraphing their intentions that change is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

But if you go by 'potential variants' then it means never going back to normal. There would always be the risk of a potential variant.

Would you agree that level 1 is highly restricted? There is nothing in that plan about 100% normality. And Ronan Glynn keeps talking about 'a degree of normality'. He never mentions 'normality'.

Do you think that the government should say ok, we're going back to normal in September no matter what?
    What happens if we have a new Brazilian variant that starts to kill young adults? Should we go back to 'normal' regardless?
    Yes, that's an extreme example, but not impossible.
    That's the reason why noone can guarantee a return to normal by a particular deadline.

Do you think covid is over in the UK, or almost over? There were 19 covid related deaths in the UK today out of a population of 65 million.

So even post-vaccination you think restrictions would be acceptable?

The 19 covid related deaths are a result of the situation 3 to 4 weeks ago.
    I haven't been following the UK story closely, but if their cases are dropping,
    then deaths are likely to drop further, and after a prudent delay I would expect they will ease the restrictions and start on the road back to normality.

However you have to remember that there are still a large number of countries in the world that haven't even started to vaccinate yet,
    so covid will be around for a while yet, and everyone needs to remain vigilant, and ready to react.

Have you read about previous pandemics at all?
    There have been 100's of pandemics in the past 2,000 years, often killing 20% - 50% of the population.
    What's so strange about this one, apart from being less lethal than a lot of previous ones (the 1918 one also killed young adults).

• Advertisement

Is there anyone here who can interpret the data here from the CDC website?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/pdfs/mm7010e3-H.pdf

To me this looks like masks provide 0.5% less chance of death and 0.7% less chance of death.

Why continue?

Do you think your mask is to protect you?

If you do then you need to read up a bit more about it.

Masks stop your exhaled droplets from reaching other people, and infecting them if you had covid.
    They help reduce transmission, that's why they're recommended!

PintOfView wrote: »
    Do you think that the government should say ok, we're going back to normal in September no matter what?
    What happens if we have a new Brazilian variant that starts to kill young adults? Should we go back to 'normal' regardless?
    Yes, that's an extreme example, but not impossible.
    That's the reason why noone can guarantee a return to normal by a particular deadline.

The 19 covid related deaths are a result of the situation 3 to 4 weeks ago.
    I haven't been following the UK story closely, but if their cases are dropping,
    then deaths are likely to drop further, and after a prudent delay I would expect they will ease the restrictions and start on the road back to normality.

However you have to remember that there are still a large number of countries in the world that haven't even started to vaccinate yet,
    so covid will be around for a while yet, and everyone needs to remain vigilant, and ready to react.

Have you read about previous pandemics at all?
    There have been 100's of pandemics in the past 2,000 years, often killing 20% - 50% of the population.
    What's so strange about this one, apart from being less lethal than a lot of previous ones (the 1918 one also killed young adults).

But I'm not suggesting a definitive date for returning to normal, I'm saying that in the case of both Ireland and Scotland there's no talk of going back to normal. Scotland interestingly (or strangely, depending on how you look at it) has a level 0 in its roadmap, but even level 0 there is restrictive. Ireland, meanwhile, doesn't even have a level 0. Would you be happy with Ronan Glynn's 'degree of normality' which appears to be the heavily restricted level 1?

But isn't the only way to ever not be concerned about variants to eradicate the virus? Do you think that's realistic?

You are tragically naive. The WEF is more than a talking shop and it’s not the only place the elite meet. The true darlings are the council of foreign relations, the royal institute of international affairs. These boys have 50 year plans for all of us peasants and they usually come true.

“People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.”

Adam Smith, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations

There a lot of mysterious organisations out there when you think about it. You have the Club of Rome, the Bilderberg Group, the Trilateral Commission and I've always found what goes on in Bohemian Grove to be very mysterious.

James Delingpole did a good podcast with Patrick Wood, an expert on technocracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

All of the studies I posted say lockdowns are ineffective. You’re delusional.
    But that's not what they say. They don't say that lockdowns are ineffective in slowing the spread of the virus. You are lying when you say otherwise.

Similarly I've pointed out several other issues and contradictions in your position, and as per usual you ignored them in favour of more childish insults.
    This makes it very clear that you can't address these points.

There is a cabal that runs the world by the way and smashing all dissent to their official covid narrative is a vital part of their plan.
    Yes, that is a vague and silly conspiracy that's pretty common around these parts.
    Some believe that this cabal is full of Satanist commie-nazis.

But I'm not suggesting a definitive date for returning to normal, I'm saying that in the case of both Ireland and Scotland there's no talk of going back to normal. Scotland interestingly (or strangely, depending on how you look at it) has a level 0 in its roadmap, but even level 0 there is restrictive. Ireland, meanwhile, doesn't even have a level 0. Would you be happy with Ronan Glynn's 'degree of normality' which appears to be the heavily restricted level 1?

But isn't the only way to ever not be concerned about variants to eradicate the virus? Do you think that's realistic?

To me it's fairly simple. When the threat from the virus becomes very low,
    and we can go back to normal safely,
    then that's what will happen.

How do you think any government would be able to continue asking people to
    socially distance, wear masks, keep some businesses closed, etc.,
    if there was no demonstrable reason for it?
    It could simply not happen!!

If, on the other hand, there is a demonstrable reason for restrictions
    then what's the problem?

The government doesn't take orders from some mysterious cabals,
    it makes decisions around the cabinet table, with advice and explanations from people with experience.
    Whatever you think about them, most of the individuals who make up the government will have the ability to sanity check what they are being told, and not blindly follow what some external person tells them.

• Advertisement

Sorry I have a life. No comment on the YouTube censorship story no?

I’m not sure why you are asking me about covid spreading. I believe the official narrative more or less but it’s the official response to it here in Ireland that’s so disturbing to me and the astonishing censorship of all dissent or even debate in the public discourse.

We are living through the crisis by the way and there ain’t a whole lot you can do to prepare for it except have good family and neighbours and help your fellow man in the hard times that lie ahead.

If you are asking me to speculate...According to the theory of the fourth turning which I find compelling, we can expect the crisis to resolve in 2025 when a new generation comes to power.

That theory dovetails nicely with other indicators such as the end of the dollar as the global reserve currency (central banks no longer able to get around Triffins dilemma), the reset of our international monetary system created in 1971 (50 years old on 15 August this year) and the Great Reset narrative pedalled by the party of Davos who are clearly telegraphing their intentions that change is coming.

Masks, social distancing and lockdown reduce the spread of Covid. You are claiming these measures do nothing because Covid is "seasonal"

So how does Covid spread according to you?

What are you personally doing to prepare for this "great collapse" you claim is coming? if the USD "collapses", that is endtimes stuff, full-on dystopia, will you be fighting for the resistance? are you constructing an off-grid bunker? are you making any dramatic lifestyle changes?

Youtube is a global social media platform and has to make efforts to remove disinfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

Open up all you like but covid and the response to it by the world authorities has moved their agenda forward by about 30 years.

excellent, I'll be able to see what all the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

There a lot of mysterious organisations out there when you think about it. You have the Club of Rome, the Bilderberg Group, the Trilateral Commission and I've always found what goes on in Bohemian Grove to be very mysterious.

James Delingpole did a good podcast with Patrick Wood, an expert on technocracy.

I used to meet with my mates in the pub. Please bear in mind that you have no idea who I am. So are my regular meetings suspicious too? We don’t even publish any details about the meetings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

YOU'RE ONE OF THEM

You are tragically naive. The WEF is more than a talking shop and it’s not the only place the elite meet. The true darlings are the council of foreign relations, the royal institute of international affairs. These boys have 50 year plans for all of us peasants and they usually come true.

When you say the plans usually come through, can you give a few examples of ones that did come through, and when those plans were made?

“People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.”

That is an observation (in 1776) of something that is completely normal and everyday, and can happen from the smallest village to the largest corporations.
    It simply means that if business competitors get to know each other, through social activities or other meetings, there is an opportunity to fix/raise prices, and reduce competition, so that all the competitors gain.
    This is why every country has regulations against cartels, and it's not stopped happening since 1776!

see https://citywire.co.uk/investment-trust-insider/news/asda-sainsburys-and-tesco-fined-millions-for-fixing-dairy-prices/a514894?section=money (from 2011)
    "Asda, Sainsbury’s and Tesco were among nine supermarkets and dairy processors today fined almost £50 million for fixing cheese and milk prices"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

The elite in Australia and New Zealand must feel very left out that they don't get invites to WEF gatherings. Or maybe they are going renegade and need to be stopped?

Which is it? Why are they not following the same gameplan as other governments?

Or possibly the measures they have put in place have stopped the virus getting into their countries and it's not really a conspiracy?

PintOfView wrote: »
    Do you think your mask is to protect you?

If you do then you need to read up a bit more about it.

Masks stop your exhaled droplets from reaching other people, and infecting them if you had covid.
    They help reduce transmission, that's why they're recommended!

It's not really rocket science but some people can't seem to understand that part. Even a child knows to cover their mouth if they cough or sneeze to stop spreading germs but conspiracy theorists can't seem to see how masks can stop the spread of an airborne virus that is spread by droplets from one person's mouth to another person's mouth within a 2 metre range.

aido79 wrote: »
    It's not really rocket science but some people can't seem to understand that part. Even a child knows to cover their mouth if they cough or sneeze to stop spreading germs but conspiracy theorists can't seem to see how masks can stop the spread of an airborne virus that is spread by droplets from one person's mouth to another person's mouth within a 2 metre range.

Most conspiracy theorists and Covid deniers can understand, that's the thing, it's that they choose to lie to themselves and others which is the disturbing part.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I never thought I'd be posting in this thread but I was thinking about the separate rules for different people today.

Have you seen Norma Foley's haircut? Or any of the *newsreaders? They still have access to grooming services because they are "public figures".

Honestly when I heard that I felt like a second class citizen.
    You're not really in conspiracy theory territory though. Just plain old rule-bending where people think they can get away with it.

Broadcasters probably have their stylists and makeup staff classified as "essential workers" for them and are crossing their fingers that nobody pulls them up on it.

Two family friends have been sending their kids to creche since early January because they are "essential workers". Healthcare staff? ESB technicians? Delivery drivers?

Nope, managers in fund accounting. "Essential", according to their employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How long have people been banging on about all the secret groups and this lot or this other lot are running the world?

There's been idiots rambling about various conspiracies for centuries. The internet might let you get your ramblings out to more people ,but they're far from new.

Just like with new world order or whatever their name is on the us election thread, it just goes round and round and round. The endgame is always coming but never gets here. It's always "defiantly going to happen" by X time, then gets pushed or moved around.

Then the conspiracy gets dropped,never to be spoken of again when the next thing comes up that definitely going to happen..........

Ffs , look at the q anon nutballs. Spitting off their slogan they got from a film and all the stuff that's going to happen, none of which actually did, but they keep hanging on to the next thing that won't either.

Needy people needing to have something going on to make their lives have meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I wouldn't mind, but the real life controlling stuff, religion, is right there controlling peoples lives for centuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How long have people been banging on about all the secret groups and this lot or this other lot are running the world?

The current conspiraloons are a rehash of the John Birch Society. Almost identical. "Secret societies", "Elites", "Illuminati", "NWO", return to Christian living, "globalist" hatred, oppose certain civil rights (BLM) and then the more whacky stuff like communists controlling us by flouride in the water thrown in there too. Turning the frogs gay etc.

Oh and of course, its costs money to be involved.

Tired old hat really. The Russians are not coming.

The Nal wrote: »
    The current conspiraloons are a rehash of the John Birch Society. Almost identical. "Secret societies", "Elites", "Illuminati", "NWO", return to Christian living, "globalist" hatred, oppose certain civil rights (BLM) and then the more whacky stuff like communists controlling us by flouride in the water thrown in there too. Turning the frogs gay etc.

Oh and of course, its costs money to be involved.

Tired old hat really. The Russians are not coming.

Ironically, the Russians under Putin are pulling off all sorts of really shady 1984 stuff, but they seem to get a pass by the conspiracy community because the fact that the "bad guys" are doing bad stuff is apparently not as exciting as the fantasy notion that the "good guys" are doing bad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Ironically, the Russians under Putin are pulling off all sorts of really shady 1984 stuff, but they seem to get a pass by the conspiracy community because the fact that the "bad guys" are doing bad stuff is apparently not as exciting as the fantasy notion that the "good guys" are doing bad stuff.

Because deep down after all the foaming at the mouth about freedom, they are petty little bullies who would happiness walk all over anyone they don’t like.

Most conspiracy theorists and Covid deniers can understand, that's the thing, it's that they choose to lie to themselves and others which is the disturbing part.

It must be hard for them to walk through life always worrying that the "elites" are looking for ways to control their lives.
    When each of their conspiracy theories has been proven wrong they then actively see out the next one and the cycle of jumping down rabbit holes continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well given that you're running away from every point put to you, and are now resorting to link dumping, we can conclude your claims that all the measures are permanent is false.

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there. There are literally billions of people under various levels of quarantine, rules, etc so incidents like this are going to happen.

What does it prove other than sometimes people are going to sometimes fall foul of the rules/bad bureaucracy?

Or every time there is a delay to a lockdown measure lifted, or confusion over rules or someone gets wrongly fined, can we expect that to be used as sort of "sign" that we will be living in a dystopian end-times shortly?

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    Well given that you're running away from every point put to you, and are now resorting to link dumping, we can conclude your claims that all the measures are permanent is false.

You can conclude what you like. You should know the mods have warned me I will be banned if I engage with you. Curious behaviour for a so called conspiracy theory forum. Then again not so strange when you consider YouTube deleted testimony from doctors in the US senate because it doesn’t fit the narrative and the WSJ published it and...nobody cares. Brave new world.

Btw I haven’t ran away from any of your pitiful arguments but I note you ran away from the numerous anti lockdown studies I posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement