Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And again the central question is being ignored by conspiracy theorists because they can't answer it.

You guys can't explain the "real" reason behind the variation in measures in different countries.
    This is because you can't think of one. You just have the vague implication of one and never thought any deeper about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

It's very confusing. Masks are required everywhere in Spain, even when sunbathing and walking alone in the countryside. In Sweden they're required nowhere. Okay, there's the recommendation to wear them on public transport at certain times of the day, but it's only a recommendation. Spain has come to the conclusion that they're essential, while Sweden has basically come to the conclusion that they're unessential.

People in sweden were happy to go along with government restrictions until the masks. No one in Sweden wears them.

GT89 wrote: »
    People in sweden were happy to go along with government restrictions until the masks. No one in Sweden wears them.

You're right. There are basically zero restrictions there. Just a few unintrusive restrictions regarding business opening hours, numbers allowed in restaurants at a given time etc. And large gatherings are on hold.

You're right. There are basically zero restrictions there. Just a few unintrusive restrictions regarding business opening hours, numbers allowed in restaurants at a given time etc. And large gatherings are on hold.

Ok. So is Sweden just not part of the global conspiracy or...?

PintOfView wrote: »
    I think it's fiction and fantasy.

What do you think of it?
    Do you believe that's David Rockefeller?

I think it is him talking. I've heard him speaking in interviews and that's his voice. I don't think what he said in that video clip has ever been debunked. There's another (in)famous quote attributed to him, but that one has been debunked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

It's very confusing. Masks are required everywhere in Spain, even when sunbathing and walking alone in the countryside. In Sweden they're required nowhere. Okay, there's the recommendation to wear them on public transport at certain times of the day, but it's only a recommendation. Spain has come to the conclusion that they're essential, while Sweden has basically come to the conclusion that they're unessential.

It most certainly IS confusing. What's worse is that it's contradictory. And with these glaring contradictions people are still trying to explain them as if they make perfect sense.

A few days ago an ordnance was introduced that mask wearing was to be mandatory, enforcible by law in Ibiza:

https://www.technostation.tv/face-masks-on-ibiza/

And police will be patrolling around making sure that it's effected. Good luck with that. Thousands of pissed up and horny 18-30 year olds dancing, boozing, snogging, shagging.

So, again my question would be. If we are headed for yet another wave, as is so frequently broached on the news then why can people assemble en masse in Ibiza as long as they wear masks? Nothing to do with bringing back tourist dollars I would imagine. Why can't you have a funeral of more than thirty people but thousands can get crazy in the Balearics?

Another "different country, different laws" excuse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

King Mob wrote: »
    Ok. So is Sweden just not part of the global conspiracy or...?

No they are just not crashing the economy and destroying businesses by taking a proportionate approach to the so called pandemic.

GT89 wrote: »
    No they are just not crashing the economy and destroying businesses by taking a proportionate approach to the so called pandemic.
    Ok. So why aren't then part of the giant global conspiracy like everyone else?

Why do other countries who are part of the conspiracy also have varying levels of restrictions?

Why do you conspiracy guys have to keep dodging questions?

Ah so you are reading the replies, you're just pretending they aren't answers.

Cool.

So then why not supply the real reason for this?

I suspect it's because you don't actually have an explanation and you don't want to expose this, so you ignore and hope people don't notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

One question I've always been a tad unsure of.

Is there really a religious exemption to wearing a mask? While I'm on that topic is there also a medical exemption?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

This thread is taking another weird turn. Didn’t you mention the great reset earlier in this thread and how it would mean that an evil cabal would be taking over the world and enforcing their rules? Now you are complaining that different independent countries having different rules and laws is confusing. I hope you don’t travel often as surprisingly speed limits are different in different jurisdictions. Even crossing into Northern Ireland may become problematic for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

One question I've always been a tad unsure of.

Is there really a religious exemption to wearing a mask? While I'm on that topic is there also a medical exemption?

The government issued guidelines ages ago. They made them public so everyone can read them. A quick internet search will find them for you. Don’t end up on a conspiracy website by accident as the big bad browser might highlight your preferred websites first.

So I guess America isn't part of the global conspiracy anymore either...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56657194
    The White House has ruled out introducing mandatory federal Covid-19 vaccination passports, saying citizens' privacy and rights should be protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So I guess America isn't part of the global conspiracy anymore either...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56657194

So thats the most powerful country in the world who weren't told about the Scandemic/Plandemic. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They are different countries. Spain's beaches pack with people in the summer, they rely on tourism, it's a decision they've decided to make.

This whole thread is conspiracy theorists "not getting" basic things about the pandemic, because in their minds some big vague conspiracy is happening and everything they don't get or understand is another "clue" that something is off, something is "going on", it's "fishy".

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    This whole thread is conspiracy theorists "not getting" basic things about the pandemic, because in their minds some big vague conspiracy is happening and everything they don't get or understand is another "clue" that something is off, something is "going on", it's "fishy".
    Cause it can't just be that they don't get something they put no effort into trying to understand.
    That's impossible.

In France there was an ordnance that masks were required in enclosed public areas. Not outside and certainly not in parks and beaches.

It's up to local authorities in France. If e.g. Montpellier decides to make mask-wearing on the beach a rule, they can.

All of this is the usual contrarian sideshow to disguise the fact that no one can support the notion that Covid measures will be permanent, there's no conspiracy as the original post suggested

Cause it can't just be that they don't get something they put no effort into trying to understand.
    That's impossible.

Just such an incredible coincidence that all these individuals who think "something is going on" also have extreme difficulty understanding the most basic of measures and facts about the virus that even children can grasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why is it mandatory to wear a mask in France on a beach but not on a beach in Ireland or Spain or The Netherlands?

Is this really the first time you've realised different countries have different laws?

How is it an excuse?

Have you shopped your ideas for one set of laws for the whole world to live by to all the leaders?

Maybe ring the French Embassy and tell them you've decide that they now have to adhere to Ireland's set of laws only.

They are different countries. Spain's beaches pack with people in the summer, they rely on tourism, it's a decision they've decided to make.

And for the most part the people piss off back to their own countries after 2 weeks, so it won't really be their problem to deal with as long as it doesn't get out of hand in the locals.

• Advertisement

Just such an incredible coincidence that all these individuals who think "something is going on" also have extreme difficulty understanding the most basic of measures and facts about the virus that even children can grasp.

You don't understand how a person finds it difficult to grasp why a mask is mandatory when a person is walking alone in the countryside in Spain but not mandatory when a person is walking alone in the countryside in Sweden?

You don't understand how a person finds it difficult to grasp why a mask is mandatory when a person is walking alone in the countryside in Spain but not mandatory when a person is walking alone in the countryside in Sweden?

Why does this not apply to all laws?

Why can someone smoke weed in California but not Dublin? Do you find it difficult to grasp and then just start smoking walking down O'Connell Street?

What about Brazil? Their daily death toll broke 4000 yesterday. Their president thinks covid is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

As per your link.

"Boris Johnson confirmed people will have to either show they have been vaccinated, have had a recent negative test, or prove they have “natural immunity”, having had a positive test within six months."

You obviously don't read past headlines.

So a negative test will be fine. No need for the vaccine. It'll be the same here. Same for EU travel by the looks of it. If you aren't vaccinated it just means you'll be getting tested a lot.

But no, the examples you picked, in a broader sense, I wouldn't believe anything any of those people said.

So the claim now is that America is actually part of the conspiracy and will be using vaccine passports?

Ok.

When will this be happening?

So the claim now is that America is actually part of the conspiracy and will be using vaccine passports?

Ok.

When will this be happening?

I never said the US would be using vaccine passports. I'm cautioning against believing what the government says.

In the UK the Government said again and again that they wouldn't be introduced. And while they were saying they wouldn't be introduced the vaccine passports were being developed.

I never said the US would be using vaccine passports. I'm cautioning against believing what the government says.
    Ok. So are they part of the conspiracy or not?
    Do you not know?
    In the UK the Government said again and again that they wouldn't be introduced. And while they were saying they wouldn't be introduced the vaccine passports were being developed.
    Was this part of the plan then?
    If so, what was the point of it?

Which part is going to be permeant? Or have you guys given up that claim now?

The Nal wrote: »
    As per your link.

"Boris Johnson confirmed people will have to either show they have been vaccinated, have had a recent negative test, or prove they have “natural immunity”, having had a positive test within six months."

You obviously don't read past headlines.

So a negative test will be fine. No need for the vaccine. It'll be the same here. Same for EU travel by the looks of it. If you aren't vaccinated it just means you'll be getting tested a lot.

But no, the examples you picked, in a broader sense, I wouldn't believe anything any of those people said.

I'm not talking about the vaccine passport itself. The point I am making is that whenever the Government comes out with a statement ruling something out that declaration shouldn't be believed unquestioningly.

First off, read your own links and look at the context. We don't have a crystal ball, we are simply working from best estimates like everyone else, and that includes politicians, so when they say X may happen, it may, it may not, the virus and situation is constantly changing and evolving. We all thought we'd be in pubs by now, we aren't, why? we didn't estimate this level of the virus would last this long.

Vaccine passports are simply one potential solution to open up society sooner whilst keeping the spread of the virus down. Some countries might use them in certain situations, some countries might not, some might change their mind as the situation develops. It's not hard to understand that. Yet conspiracy theorists manage to not only completely misunderstand it, but they somehow interpret it in some paranoid, delusional way that "something is going on", but something they can never explain or detail properly.

The cycle of "I don't get it, therefore conspiracy" continues

• Advertisement

Why does this not apply to all laws?

Why can someone smoke weed in California but not Dublin? Do you find it difficult to grasp and then just start smoking walking down O'Connell Street?

What about Brazil? Their daily death toll broke 4000 yesterday. Their president thinks covid is nothing.

But if the Irish Government was asked why weed was illegal in the country they could say, and I'm guessing they would say since it's illegal, that they believe weed to be dangerous.

If the Spanish Government was asked to explain why wearing a mask alone in the countryside is mandatory in Spain, but is not mandatory when a person is walking alone in the countryside in Sweden, I don't know how they'd be able to explain why.

It was claimed that a child could understand the measures being taken. But would a child understand the specific measure regarding the mask policy when walking alone in the countryside in Spain vs the mask policy (or lack of a policy rather) when walking alone in the countryside in Sweden?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement