Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

King Mob wrote: »
    That's not what I asked you though.
    You keep deliberately avoiding the question.

I asked what the motivation would be for a conspiracy to force mask wearing to be permanent.
    You can't suggest anything because it doesn't make any sense.
    You had to dream up the idea of "smart masks" in desperation, but that idea was so painfully silly, you've already abandoned it.

So why are you avoiding this question?
    What do you tell yourself when you do it?

"I just don't understand all these straightforward Covid rules that a child can grasp, and by some remarkable stunning coincidence I also entertain a whole raft of Covid conspiracies. Absolutely no relation between the two, just a coincidence I swear"

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

EyesClosed wrote: »
    What has any of this to do with covid measures?
    What's going to be permanent and why?

medical treatments (covid vaccines) are going to be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

buzzerxx wrote: »
    medical treatments (covid vaccines) are going to be permanent.

Vaccines are going to be permanent to help stop a virus... I'd bloody well hope so.

What's the conspiracy there?

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Vaccines are going to be permanent to help stop a virus... I'd bloody well hope so.

What's the conspiracy there?

This vaccine is unnecessary and dangerous imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Doctors disagree with you.

What is the danger and what evidence do you have to support this claim?

Why are the vaccines being "forced on people" when they are dangerous?

Why have you conspiracy theorists avoided questions on this thread repeatedly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Why is not necessary and what makes it dangerous?
    What would you do to remove the covid problem?

And please show me evidence as to why its not needed and what makes it dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Notmything

For those who believe the vaccine is not needed or really a way of tracking us.

Is it just the covid vaccine you are anti?

What about vaccines for measles, Diphtheria, whooping cough or rubella?

Those vaccines have been given for years, so why are the "elite global conspirators" not using them? Surely easier than creating a virus, praying it becomes a pandemic, then every government has to take the same actions, all so they can forcibly give everyone a new vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Even if it's causing the blood clots that they are being cautious about, it's a fraction of the amount caused by the pill.

Where's the outrage about the risk of the pill to women ?

A handy comparison tweeted by our own DeVore

https://twitter.com/DeVore/status/1381342321518739461?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

On the day this was signed into law people are still of the belief that there's nothing untoward happening:

https://twitter.com/DufusShinkle/status/1381485467611193346/photo/1

You are just embarrassing yourselves now.

sabat wrote: »
    On the day this was signed into law people are still of the belief that there's nothing untoward happening:

Have you been this vocal about the vaccines needed to travel to many countries in the world or is this outrage new?

• Advertisement

You guys haven't been able to actually say what the untoward something is.
    When you're asked questions about that untoward something, you run away, ignore and throw tantrums and strops about how mean people are to you.

We have been told that the covid measures are leading to the mark of the beast and that permenant masks are going to lead to "smart masks."
    We've been told that Covid is just a flu virus.
    We've been told the vaccine has secret nanotechnology that's going to change our DNA so we can connect to AIs.
    We've been told the end goal of all of this is to forcibly turn the entire world into cyborgs with big antenna's sticking out of their heads.

I assure you, we aren't the one's embarrassing ourselves...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Have you been this vocal about the vaccines needed to travel to many countries in the world or is this outrage new?

Embarrassing yourself with that response...

Embarrassing yourself with that response...

Avoiding the question as usual.........

All the normal, level headed people in the responses...

https://twitter.com/ReneRunCoach/status/1381547546909290498?s=19

You've predicted "something" is going to happen this summer, the "scam" will be exposed, but you haven't explained what it is.

What is it?

Conspiracy theorists have come here for years making predictions and every single one of them has been wrong. And that's despite every prediction being deliberately vague. You are going to buck that trend?

Lads. Closing in on 250 pages and we've yet to have a conspiracy theorist actually detail what they believe.
    If that isn't telling...

King Mob wrote: »
    Lads. Closing in on 250 pages and we've yet to have a conspiracy theorist actually detail what they believe.
    If that isn't telling...

Hundreds of threads, years reading this forum, I still hold out hope.

Read that law that was enacted today. Read it. EVERY ****ING PREDICTION IS HAPPENING. .
    Which?
    The prediction that the vaccine would contain nanoparticle DNA altering Borg Nanoprobes?
    The prediction that it was the start of the Biblical End times?
    The prediction that we'd be in full martial law by now?
    The prediction that the vaccine would cause depopulation?

Your prediction that you refused to explain or outline or detail beyond the vague, hollow soundbites you came out with?

Convenient . Pull the eject lever rather than answer questions.

"They're silencing me"
    Don't have to deal with the cognitive dissonance caused by knowingly ignoring questions and points if you get yourself banned.

And bonus, get to play the victim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mod: Post has been dealt with, let's leave it there and back on topic please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

It looks like you are being very badly lead, or rather mislead.
    I imagine you actually believe some or all of that kind of stuff, so perhaps your reaction is understandable.

However you are simply mistaken, and that's the case regardless of how many other mislead people you read on web sites, or twitter, etc.
    If you believe that the majority of the population are wrong, and you are right, why couldn't it be the other way round?

Put one clear claim you believe to be true up here, and let it be tested.
    If you can't, then how do you know you're not believing in fairy tales?

It's more that there is no evidence in Western countries that have introduced masks that they will be got rid of. No indication, no date, they're hardly ever mentioned. Covid doesn't exist in New Zealand and yet masks are mandatory on public transport and on planes there for some reason. I don't know why when New South Wales made them voluntary on public transport after they were briefly mandatory.

When measures were brought in to combat cattle foot and mouth disease back in 2001,
    did the government tell everyone what date everything was going to back to normal?
    The answer is no, because nobody could predict when it would end!
    But it did end.

Same thing with the 1918 flu pandemic, they brought in masks on public transport in many places.
    I doubt they told everyone in advance when the mask would end,
    simply because no one knew in advance.
    However masks eventually disappeared.

It's the same with covid. The masks won't be needed when the threat from covid is low enough,
    so for eg., when something like herd immunity has been achieved in Ireland through vaccinations,
    and if there is no variant of the virus in the country that the vaccine is ineffective against.
    Can you can tell me when that will be?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Governments are making people wear masks, during a pandemic. Something fishy is going on.

/every Covid thread on this forum

Masks are so important to them because they are the visual reminder of the pandemic.
    We are not seeing excessive death,we are not seeing ambulances everywhere,the funeral homes are not overstretched,there are no mass graves for the dead. All we can see.....
    is the Mask.

Masks are so important to them because they are the visual reminder of the pandemic.
    We are not seeing excessive death,we are not seeing ambulances everywhere,the funeral homes are not overstretched,there are no mass graves for the dead. All we can see.....
    is the Mask.

If someone said "put on your coats, it's going to rain".
    And everyone put on a coat, and it did rain, but no one got wet.

Do you think it would make sense for someone else to come along and say
    "see, I told you, you didn't need a coat after all!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

is the Mask.

there's more to a pandemic than people dying....

most notably, stopping people from dying....

as of today, still over 2,000 in hospital with covid,50 in ICU beds requiring ventilation (in a country that usually only has 200 ICU bed max)

Things can get out of hand very fast with Ireland's ****box health service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

is the Mask.

I don't even see this social distancing malarkey much anymore. I think a lot of people just came to the conclusion that it was a farce. As for coughing into your elbow and greeting people with that absurd elbow touching nonsense. The amount of fools I saw and still see playing that game is embarrassing.

I don't even see this social distancing malarkey much anymore. I think a lot of people just came to the conclusion that it was a farce. As for coughing into your elbow and greeting people with that absurd elbow touching nonsense. The amount of fools I saw and still see playing that game is embarrassing.

Bizarre views.

Social distancing is still carried out everywhere. Coughing into an elbow is preferable to coughing into a hand, there's less risk attached. Hand-shaking has virtually stopped and has been replaced with fist bumping/elbow bumping

PintOfView wrote: »
    If someone said "put on your coats, it's going to rain".
    And everyone put on a coat, and it did rain, but no one got wet.

Do you think it would make sense for someone else to come along and say
    "see, I told you, you didn't need a coat after all!!"

How do you not get wet if it rains, assuming you are out in the rain, coat or no coat?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Bizarre views.

Social distancing is still carried out everywhere. Coughing into an elbow is preferable to coughing into a hand, there's less risk attached. Hand-shaking has virtually stopped and has been replaced with fist bumping/elbow bumping

Don't you have to be within 2 metres of someone to engage in this idiotic ritual? Bizarre indeed.

Another one that made me laugh was going to the supermarket and being told to put the money on the counter rather than hand it to the checkout girl. What does that accomplish exactly? You've touched the money, then she touches the money. How is putting it on the counter any different to handing it to her? That crap was aborted pretty quickly.

Another stupid one is the requirement that you have to take a basket when walking into the shop. You take the basket, collect 1 item that you could have just carried, go to pay for it, put the basket in a stack and they are just then moved to the entrance again.

• Advertisement

How do you not get wet if it rains, assuming you are out in the rain, coat or no coat?

My coat keeps me dry, even if it's raining :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement