Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

GT89 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say they'll be permanent myself but rather thing like masks and social distancing are long term rather than permanent. In fact I would already say they have been quite long term. Permenant is very long time. course people on here have answered this question over and over again but you just happen to not like the answers you get either that or your showing your IQ level.

So just a recommendation for you next time you run a fever or have a bad cough that won't shift maybe consider an IQ test as opposed to a covid test.

"Are you wearing a belt?"

"If so, Take it off"

I usually say "no" and just walk through. Never a bother.

As for someone telling me to put back a tray after I go through security? NEVER! I have never done it. Why? Because I've been ordered rather than asked. So I just get my possessions and walk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

"If so, Take it off"

As for someone telling me to put back a tray after I go through security? NEVER! I have never done it. Why? Because I've been ordered rather than asked. So I just get my possessions and walk off.
    Lol. Yea man. Smash the system! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I was listening to Jordan Peterson and he was saying that 1 in 10 people have an IQ of less than 83 so no wonder people are so happy to follow covid measures and not question them.

Really? Because it seems to me that one in ten posters in this thread are anti vaxxers..... just saying like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I wouldn't say they'll be permanent myself but rather thing like masks and social distancing are long term rather than permanent. In fact I would already say they have been quite long term. Permenant is very long time. course people on here have answered this question over and over again but you just happen to not like the answers you get either that or your showing your IQ level.

So just a recommendation for you next time you run a fever or have a bad cough that won't shift maybe consider an IQ test as opposed to a covid test.

So close the thread because no conspiracy theorist believes that the measures will be long term and there is no evidence to show they will be long term!

I suppose the question that I have would be this, or rather these:

(a) Should you be forced to take a vaccine?

(a) (subsection (i)) Should you be punished for not taking a vaccine?

What does that have to do with the current restrictions being permanent? You’re deflecting again.

• Advertisement

"If so, Take it off"

Most people have manners and put the tray back as it can speed up the process every so slightly for the people following. All the seconds add up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

"If so, Take it off"

How did we get onto airport security procedures?

But it's not even the security itself that you have an issue with, it's just being polite to other people and not being an arse that wants to hold up other people getting through to go on their holidays.

What has this got to do with permanent restrictions due to covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was listening to Jordan Peterson .

Is your playlist all charlatans and/or grifters?

"Are you a white male? If so, let me explain why minorities and women are out to get you and youre the real victim of persecution "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Is your playlist all charlatans and/or grifters?

"Are you a white male? If so, let me explain why minorities and women are out to get you and youre the real victim of persecution "

Have you ever listened to Peterson?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I have.. The above is a pretty accurate description of his views on gender.

But what does Jordan have to do with all covid measures being permanent... Or is this just deflection as you can't answer what's going to be permanent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Top tip: don't listen to him about how weak and stupid you have to be to get addicted to drugs anyway...........

Robert Evans covers him pretty well and this episode could nearly have used my conversation with mates on him about 6 months previous as a script.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/part-one-the-jordan-peterson-episode-72770473/

Why are you asking this question while ignoring other points?

Can we take the fact you can't even acknowledge those points as an admission you can't address them?

If you ignore these questions, I will take that as a yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Looking at a version of Level 3 at some point in May now so this thread has turned into a general place to moan. People who have spent the year immersed in this nonsense now realising they've wasted a year of their life. Jim Corr. Dear of dear. Bottom of the barrel stuff.

King Mob wrote: »
    And Jordan Peterson is also a YouTube crank with no qualifications.

Hes a professor in the University of Toronto so hardly unqualified.

His field is psychology...what does that have to do with covid restrictions being permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

As has been explained countless times on this forum - there will always individual experts who are lunatics, there will always be a handful of physicians who are anti-vaxx, a handful of scientists who think chemtrails exist, engineers who think the Twin Towers were blown up (or "dustified" according to a PhD materials expert)

If you scour hard enough, you'll find always some "expert" who has extreme views. Conspiracy theorists, without fail, latch onto these cranks, because they provide one thing, confirmation bias, served up with a heavy dose of "appeal to expertise".

It doesn't matter if a thousand experts come to conclusion X, if just one deviates and comes to conclusion Y, and that conclusion flies in the face of logic or reason, then conspiracy theorists will descend on it like flies. As we see over and over again in this thread.

Have an unrelated qualification? you can make a lot of money selling nonsense to delusional paranoid people on the internet.

Sorry, you've dodged my questions.
    This is you admitting you can't address them. You are running away from them and you just confirmed this.

So since you've agreed that none of your claims are true and you can't prove a scrap of evidence, why do you believe this conspiracy theory?

Why do you think that other people would be convinced by tactics you agree are dishonest and ridiculous?

Why are you trying to convince people of a false conspiracy theory you know is false using arguments you know are dishonest?

Can you answer my question please?
    What does Jordan have to do with all covid measures being permanent... Or is it just you deflecting?

His field is psychology...what does that have to do with covid restrictions being permanent?

Because covid measures are more about physhology than science

Because coid measures are more about physhology than science

You just ignoring me now?

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »
    You just ignoring me now?
    Literially just sticking his fingers in his ears and ignoring things now.

No idea why he thinks he's somehow scoring points by defending Jordan Peterson.

This thread has gone complete farce now.

Literially just sticking his fingers in his ears and ignoring things now.

No idea why he thinks he's somehow scoring points by defending Jordan Peterson.

This thread has gone complete farce now.

If you think it's a farce then why bother with it?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    As has been explained countless times on this forum - there will always individual experts who are lunatics, there will always be a handful of physicians who are anti-vaxx, a handful of scientists who think chemtrails exist, engineers who think the Twin Towers were blown up (or "dustified" according to a PhD materials expert)

If you scour hard enough, you'll find always some "expert" who has extreme views. Conspiracy theorists, without fail, latch onto these cranks, because they provide one thing, confirmation bias, served up with a heavy dose of "appeal to expertise".

It doesn't matter if a thousand experts come to conclusion X, if just one deviates and comes to conclusion Y, and that conclusion flies in the face of logic or reason, then conspiracy theorists will descend on it like flies. As we see over and over again in this thread.

Have an unrelated qualification? you can make a lot of money selling nonsense to delusional paranoid people on the internet.

The reason why people latch on to experts who deviate and come to different conclusion is because anyone with a different view is constantly asked what experts agree with them in order to try and polarise anyone with a different view to them. The fact is opinions can and do differ and some people have a less popular view of things.

Most people think covid is serious this is reflected by the consensus amongst the scientific community and also amongst the general population. There is a minority of scientists with an alternative view this is reflected in the general population. The "conspiracy theorists" you speak of are only a tiny minority.

If you think it's a farce then why bother with it?
    Because anti-science beliefs about health topics should be exposed as the dishonest, illogical thinking that it is.

Why are you avoiding questions? Why have conspiracy theorists done nothing but avoid questions?
    Why are you promoting and defending a conspiracy theory you agree is nonsense?

Because covid measures are more about physhology than science

Evidence please!

Because anti-science beliefs about health topics should be exposed as the dishonest, illogical thinking that it is.

Why are you avoiding questions? Why have conspiracy theorists done nothing but avoid questions?
    Why are you promoting and defending a conspiracy theory you agree is nonsense?

That is the weirdest thing!

Evidence please!

My opinion which you're entitled to disagree with. If I provide evidence the source will be dismissed as a crank.

My opinion which you're entitled to disagree with. If I provide evidence the source will be dismissed as a crank.

Maybe because you haven’t provided any evidence at all!

If you produce a crank, people with point that out.
    You have been using cranks like Jordan Peterson and Jim Corr.

You are also still ignoring things.

Why?

• Advertisement

It's obvious you don't want to engage in a proper chat... And are trying to derail this thread as you don't believe anything covid related is going to be permanent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement