Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Honestly now.

People are losing sight of the FACT that the mortality rate of this virus is between 0.003 to 0.005% for people under 50. Yes, the older you get the more that rate increases. You have been told that social distancing and masks will still be in place long after the summer time when (hopefully) most people in vulnerable groups are vaccinated. We have accepted so much change in our lives that can only be described as tyranny without so much as a whimper.

You run a country, the virus is spreading rapidly, the ICU wards are almost full, the national health system is under threat of collapsing, what is your response to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

King Mob wrote: »
    Thought you guys claimed that masks didn't work?

Guess they do now it suits.
    you're moving the goalposts, address the fact that medics in the USA, ireland and in other parts of the world lied about masks. those lies would have cost lives.

IMO masks should only be used where people are vunerable or people are symptomatic and close contact cannot be avoided.

on the other hand, for example: i don't think school kids of any age should be wearing them , likewise the teachers. if any of them are ill/symptomatic then they should be at home getting well again. i think it's a load of horse manure having people wearing them all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Honestly now.

People are losing sight of the FACT that the mortality rate of this virus is between 0.003 to 0.005% for people under 50. Yes, the older you get the more that rate increases. You have been told that social distancing and masks will still be in place long after the summer time when (hopefully) most people in vulnerable groups are vaccinated. We have accepted so much change in our lives that can only be described as tyranny without so much as a whimper.

If you're more scared of the virus than what governments are doing, there's no hope for us. You're telling the government that all of this is ok. Ok to shut your business, ok to not meet your family, ok not to hug anyone...

We're fûcked if we continue to be silent.

How did you come up with those figures for mortality rate for people under 50?

The figure for 55 yr olds is quoted in one US study as 0.4%
    45 yr olds would be less, but hardly what you're quoting?

And who do you think the government is? It's basically us, you and me and everyone else.
    We vote them in, and we can vote them out if we don't like what they're doing.

What would you do if you were in the government?
    If you were like the president of Brazil, and responsible for unnecessary deaths,
    do you think you would be popular?

Do you think that just because we have done well as regards deaths, that there was no problem to begin with?
    What do you think would have happened if we didn't lock down?
    Really, what do you think?
    Would no other people have died, other than those that did die?
    Answer this question, and be honest!

you're moving the goalposts, address the fact that medics in the USA, ireland and in other parts of the world lied about masks. those lies would have cost lives.

IMO masks should only be used where people are vunerable or people are symptomatic and close contact cannot be avoided.

on the other hand, for example: i don't think school kids of any age should be wearing them , likewise the teachers. if any of them are ill/symptomatic then they should be at home getting well again. i think it's a load of horse manure having people wearing them all day.

So are you saying that we should have told everyone in April last year that masks reduced risk and to go ahead and start using them?
    That was when we didn't have enough for the hospitals and other care facilities!

What do you think that would have done to the already limited supply?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    "but"

There's no "pro" and "anti" here, there's just medical science vs uninformed opinions.

grand yeah, fair enough, you have me convinced, i'll let meself be experimented on.

do you know of anyone employed by Fine Gael to be online pushing government propaganda and if it pays well ?

• Advertisement

grand yeah, fair enough, you have me convinced, i'll let meself be experimented on.

do you know of anyone employed by Fine Gael to be online pushing government propaganda and if it pays well ?

Isn't that just a silly notion?
    I'm not paid by anyone, and I don't see myself pushing the government line,
    I'm simply reacting to what I see as misleading opinions and statements.

Why not just stick to the facts?

PintOfView wrote: »
    So are you saying that we should have told everyone in April last year that masks reduced risk and to go ahead and start using them?
    That was when we didn't have enough for the hospitals and other care facilities!

What do you think that would have done to the already limited supply?

good stuff, you admit that we were lied to!!!!!

you people need to change your mindset. it's not the government's place to lie to us, it's not their place to decide who lives or dies. they are suppose to answer to us, your comment says a lot.

the whole approach HAS TO change. the state the world is in is terrible. there's no proper plan. we have things like wildlife and waterways being destroyed in our country, litter, pollution. these's are simple things but the greed and incompetence running ireland and europe is shocking. our heating bills are going up in a couple of weeks for what ? are the govenment going to actually invest in peoples homes and give them 50 grand to update them ? no, just hammer the ordinary taxpayers again. that's their only answer to anything. the small few pleasures in life are being taken away from us now with threats of covid passports(if we want some basic freedoms back) and bi-annual vaccines from companies like J&J who have being sued for making baby powder that causes cancer and fueling the opioid crises in the USA.

why aren't people being checked for antibodies ? you won't need to vaccinate them then probably, save a load of money, unless saving money isn't the point, unless the point is funding pharma companies for some reason?

if you don't agree with people on here then that's fine, you seem obsessed with it though. you won't convince me to take the vaccines. i'm thick though!! maybe i should be sent to a camp and left to die.

good luck with your vaccination, i hope you can wish me good luck with my choice too.

Isn't that just a silly notion?
    I'm not paid by anyone, and I don't see myself pushing the government line,
    I'm simply reacting to what I see as misleading opinions and statements.

Why not just stick to the facts?

i didn't say you were paid by anyone.

what facts? the fact is no one has a crystal ball and can see what effects these vaccines will have on people over the next few years.

moderna (murdering-ya?) has failed with their technology up until this covid19 vaccine.

also, i had a bit of difficulty finding this but ..

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/health/johnson-and-johnson-covid-vaccine-sites-shut-in-us-after-adverse-reactions-reported

no thanks

i posted this on the 14th

4.zero covid is not doable, why not? a load of cr@p. foot and mouth had being managed far better than covid, there was no problems with border checkpoints then, IMO the free movement of people in europe was far more important to the EU than saving lives. it was a politcal decision/lie to not have a zero covid approach. Taiwan has had 11 deaths so far from covid, population 23 million, they are situated a lot closer to wuhan than us. has anyone in the irish civil service picked up the phone to them chaps and lassies and asked them what they are doing right? or do we just blindly follow orders from the EU commission?

a conpiracy theory i'm sure the naysayers on here would say, except i was correct it seems, again

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0416/1210274-coronavirus-ireland-quarantine/

quote from article
    "The letter being sent is regarded as a pre-infringement proceedings letter, which means it is a formal step towards possible legal action.

The commission sent similar letters to six member states in recent weeks over similar concerns that free movement and non-discrimination principles had been breached."

the only peoson that should be essential is someone who is able to save lives, like a brain surgeon. is there a reason somon coveney is in the uk other than having a sneaky pint(joke there simon, don't sue me, i'm sure you wouldn't dare in solidarity with the irish people)

good stuff, you admit that we were lied to!!!!!

you people need to change your mindset. it's not the government's place to lie to us, it's not their place to decide who lives or dies. they are suppose to answer to us, your comment says a lot.

the whole approach HAS TO change. the state the world is in is terrible. there's no proper plan. we have things like wildlife and waterways being destroyed in our country, litter, pollution. these's are simple things but the greed and incompetence running ireland and europe is shocking. our heating bills are going up in a couple of weeks for what ? are the govenment going to actually invest in peoples homes and give them 50 grand to update them ? no, just hammer the ordinary taxpayers again. that's their only answer to anything. the small few pleasures in life are being taken away from us now with threats of covid passports(if we want some basic freedoms back) and bi-annual vaccines from companies like J&J who have being sued for making baby powder that causes cancer and fueling the opioid crises in the USA.

why aren't people being checked for antibodies ? you won't need to vaccinate them then probably, save a load of money, unless saving money isn't the point, unless the point is funding pharma companies for some reason?

if you don't agree with people on here then that's fine, you seem obsessed with it though. you won't convince me to take the vaccines. i'm thick though!! maybe i should be sent to a camp and left to die.

good luck with your vaccination, i hope you can wish me good luck with my choice too.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to take the vaccine.
    I'm just pointing out where I think someone is saying something that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
    Yes, of course, I do wish you luck with your choice, and everyone else.
    And I can understand those who have reservations about the vaccine.

None of us is God, and can understand the big picture automatically.
    So we rely on the information we see around us to form the picture for ourselves
    The problem is that some of the information I see is simply wrong, and isn't drawing a picture of reality.

Re the few small pleasures in life, these are not being taken away from you by the big bad government.
    They are being temporarily taken away from you by the virus, and the attempts to control it.
    The government has done what we elected it to do, to assess the situation and make the best decision they can in the circumstances.

Do I think the government gets it right every time? No I don't, but that goes for most situations in life.
    Do I think they did a reasonable job so far? Yes, broadly they did ok in the circumstances, and have minimised deaths for one thing.
    Are there things I think they could have done differently? Yes, with the benefit of hind sight I might suggest some things.

Overall I don't envy them, as it's a bit of a hospital pass, and they won't be able to please all of the people no matter what they do, but keeping everyone alive can't be the worst outcome!

• Advertisement

i posted this on the 14th

4.zero covid is not doable, why not? a load of cr@p. foot and mouth had being managed far better than covid, there was no problems with border checkpoints then, IMO the free movement of people in europe was far more important to the EU than saving lives. it was a politcal decision/lie to not have a zero covid approach. Taiwan has had 11 deaths so far from covid, population 23 million, they are situated a lot closer to wuhan than us. has anyone in the irish civil service picked up the phone to them chaps and lassies and asked them what they are doing right? or do we just blindly follow orders from the EU commission?

a conpiracy theory i'm sure the naysayers on here would say, except i was correct it seems, again

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0416/1210274-coronavirus-ireland-quarantine/

quote from article
    "The letter being sent is regarded as a pre-infringement proceedings letter, which means it is a formal step towards possible legal action.

The commission sent similar letters to six member states in recent weeks over similar concerns that free movement and non-discrimination principles had been breached."

the only peoson that should be essential is someone who is able to save lives, like a brain surgeon. is there a reason somon coveney is in the uk other than having a sneaky pint(joke there simon, don't sue me, i'm sure you wouldn't dare in solidarity with the irish people)

You're probably not completely wrong about that!
    I think if we are clear on the criteria for requiring quarantine, and there is no question of discrimination, then we proceed regardless.
    I wouldn't look kindly on EU institutions trying to stop us doing what we consider is in our best interests as regards covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Or "I believe everything the government and the media say, and so does this guy"
    Ok. So since you ignored my last post you are admitting you can't find anywhere in the thread where people have answered our central question.
    You lied yet again when you claimed otherwise.

Cool. Would have been better if you were honest and direct for a change, but that would have been expecting too much of you. You'd never admit to being wrong or cop to lying.

So answer the question now.
    What measures are going to be permanent? Why?

Again, if you ignore this question this final time, you are again admitting you cannot supply an answer.

Lol.
    But even if that's true, you guys have claimed that masks don't work anyway. So it's not possible for this to have cost lives.
    Are you saying that masks do work?
    If so, then we can move on and address your claim that medics lied.
    If not, then there's no point in addressing your claim as it's entirely false.

Also, since you're demanding answers, maybe address the questions we've been asking throughout this thread.

What measures are going to be permanent? Why?

Honestly now.

If you're more scared of the virus than what governments are doing, there's no hope for us. You're telling the government that all of this is ok. Ok to shut your business, ok to not meet your family, ok not to hug anyone...

We're fûcked if we continue to be silent.
    The virus has killed over 3 million people.

Could you tell us what the real reason is for forcing masks and social distancing? How do they benefit the "tyranny" of the government?
    Why are these things going to be permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You run a country, the virus is spreading rapidly, the ICU wards are almost full, the national health system is under threat of collapsing, what is your response to that?

The ICU wards are always full.
    They're not full with covid.
    The health system has always been a shìt show.
    Crippling debt.
    Mental health problems.
    Country absolutely ruined for a generation.
    The impact will only truly be felt once this is "over".
    What is your response to that?

Crippling debt.
    Mental health problems.

Dodges the same questions for 270 pages.

"Well why don't you answer this...!"

You also actually dodged Dohnjoe's question there too.
    Typical.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    **** like this is why I haven't committed to getting the vaccine yet. Still have to wear masks, social distance and they are still looking to lock us down again in the Winter. Everyone one of us in the Country can get it and they'll still lock us down. And we'll be right back here this time next year in lockdowns.

There's a reason they keep saying 'a semblance of normality' as opposed to 'normality'. There's a reason there's no level 0 in the plan. The World Economic Forum said that lockdowns were improving cities. It's not realistic to believe lockdowns won't be a feature of life going forward.

Back here this time next year and they'll continue to be widely supported and defended. But fortunately Ireland has one of those magic money trees that they have in other countries. In Scotland the magic money is big that it has universal basic income (communism) leaves on it: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-pledges-freeze-income-23917831

"If returned to power, the SNP will also work towards establishing a "minimum income guarantee" which would be a first step towards establishing a universal basic income if Scotland was to vote for independence in the future."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There's a reason they keep saying 'a semblance of normality' as opposed to 'normality'. There's a reason there's no level 0 in the plan. The World Economic Forum said that lockdowns were improving cities. It's not realistic to believe lockdowns won't be a feature of life going forward.

Do you believe these reasons would be based on dealing with and new outbreaks of the virus during the coming years, or because of some conspiracy that you've still failed to give a reason for?

And again, you've ignored my post and admitted that you can't explain which measure are permanent.

So since you've admitted that you can't point out which measures are permanent and you've admitted that you're incapable of even suggesting a rational reason for why they might be permanent, why do you still believe?
    That seems very irrational to me.

How do you justify it to yourself when you've admitted that it doesn't make sense to you?

And again, in light of your admitted inability to provide any rational conspiracy alternative, we can conclude that all of the stuff you're pointing to will not be permanent and they are only in place until the danger of the virus has subsided.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Back here this time next year and they'll continue to be widely supported and defended. But fortunately Ireland has one of those magic money trees that they have in other countries. In Scotland the magic money is big that it has universal basic income (communism) leaves on it: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-pledges-freeze-income-23917831

"If returned to power, the SNP will also work towards establishing a "minimum income guarantee" which would be a first step towards establishing a universal basic income if Scotland was to vote for independence in the future."

Politician seeking re-election makes pre-election promises.....Well I for one am shocked! SHOCKED I tell you!!!

• Advertisement

I think you are wrong in your thinking.
    We don't have normality now, we will have it again at some stage,
    in the meantime we will move towards normality in accordance with how much control we have over the virus.

You seem to have gotten stuck on the consequences of the virus,
    and ignoring the reasons why things are happening (or afraid they're happenig for different reasons).

It's like saying they're making us wear coats when we go out, while ignoring the fact that it's the weather that decides!
    Back here this time next year and they'll continue to be widely supported and defended.
    I presume you mean lockdowns? You sound so sure that they'll be here next year.
    Do you think they'll be here even if the virus is no longer a threat?
    I think anyone who believed that is not seeing the same reality in the world as I do.

In Scotland the magic money is big that it has universal basic income (communism) leaves on it: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-pledges-freeze-income-23917831
    How is the idea of a universal basic income 'communism'.
    What do you see as the biggest problem with the idea?

How is the idea of a universal basic income 'communism'.
    What do you see as the biggest problem with the idea?
    In previous threads and under previous names, the poster claimed that there's a giant global conspiracy to install a global communist government in which ownership will be banned.
    This was based solely on one blog they were misinterpreting and the lyrics of a children's song.

However I think here they are throwing out these random topics and claims as deflection from the fact they admitted there's nothing behind their conspiracy theory and they don't want to address this. Hence, distraction tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

King Mob wrote: »
    In previous threads and under previous names, the poster claimed that there's a giant global conspiracy to install a global communist government which ownership will be banned.
    This was based solely on one blog they were misinterpreting and the lyrics of a children's song.

However I think here they are throwing out this random topics and claims as deflection from the fact they admitted there's nothing behind their conspiracy theory and they don't want to address this. Hence, distraction tactics.

There are lots of information out there about a giant global conspiracy. I think actually he problem is calling it a conspiracy at this stage when its openly talked about it.

What I see is insanely wealthy Individuals, coporate giants and International Organisations conspiring to change the world to there vision of how they want the world to be and implementing systems so they can control everyone individually in order to get them to comply with there vision of how they want the world to be.

Look at vaccine passport for instance which is just a copy of the Chinese social credit system software. China even petitioned the WHO to be allow administer this system.

We have the weforum openly talking about the Great Reset. We have the Spars document which all you have to do is change the dates and the name and it's almost word for word what's going on with covid at the moment.

The whole covid thing was years in planning. The western world governments are obviously scripted.

They have being running drills for a world pandemic for years and how they can use that too revise laws.

Just look and operation Lockstep, event 201, crimson contagen and Spars 2025 - 2028.

I'm not the one writing these, there all out there for plain view. And the conclusion that I come from all these is that there was a lot of preparation being done around a world pandemic and using that to introduce new laws to further monitor and control people under the guise that it they will allow you to get some of your "freedoms back"

Crippling debt.
    Mental health problems.

You ducked the question.

Why did you do that?

NaFirinne wrote: »
    There are lots of information out there about a giant global conspiracy. I think actually he problem is calling it a conspiracy at this stage when its openly talked about it.
    I'm not the one writing these, there all out there for plain view. And the conclusion that I come from all these is that there was a lot of preparation being done around a world pandemic and using that to introduce new laws to further monitor and control people under the guise that it they will allow you to get some of your "freedoms back"
    But if this is the case, how come you guys haven't been able to answer the questions we keep asking?
    Why have you had to keep running away from these questions and ignoring them?

Answer them now please:
    What measures will be permanent.
    Why?

If you ignore them again, you will be admitting you can't answer them..
    There's no point giving you guys the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Please answer the questions directly clearly and concisely. A rambling rant like you previous post will not be needed.
    Just look and operation Lockstep, event 201, crimson contagen and Spars 2025 - 2028.
    And just look at the many many many predictions made on this forum about every other crisis and "secret plan" and "event". It's not any different.

Why do you believe those predictions were wrong?
    Why should any one believe that this time you guys are going to be right? (Especially given the constant dishonesty and evasion you've been displaying.)

What I see is insanely wealthy Individuals, coporate giants and International Organisations conspiring to change the world to there vision of how they want the world to be and implementing systems so they can control everyone individually in order to get them to comply with there vision of how they want the world to be.

Look at vaccine passport for instance which is just a copy of the Chinese social credit system software. China even petitioned the WHO to be allow administer this system.

We have the weforum openly talking about the Great Reset. We have the Spars document which all you have to do is change the dates and the name and it's almost word for word what's going on with covid at the moment.

The whole covid thing was years in planning. The western world governments are obviously scripted.

They have being running drills for a world pandemic for years and how they can use that too revise laws.

So you confirm, you have a conspiracy you can detail to the rest of us, correct?

And no thanks, please don't think about playing the "open your eyes and you'll see it" card, this is not a religious forum.

Yes, there is lots of information (if you define 'theory' as information) out there about a giant global conspiracy.
    Similarly there are ecosystems of information out there about lots of other things
    (ISIS & their caliphate, lots of religious cults, end of world cults, extreme political philosophies, etc., etc)
    That doesn't mean that any of these webs of information (tons of web sites and youtube channels) are correct, does it?

Yes, the world has an increasing number of very wealthy individuals,
    but it doesn't necessarily follow they are all in cahoots in a big conspiracy.

Are you saying the Chinese social credit system was copied from vaccine certs that have existed for 50 years?
    Can you not see any logic for people who have been vaccinated, and therefore at less risk, being exempted from quarantine, for eg.

Do you think it's stupid to run drills for a world pandemic?
    Have you ever bothered to look up previous pandemics, over thousands of years?
    Did you see that some of them halved the populations at the time, and 90% of some American Indian populations died.

What you seem to be doing is taking stuff that is happening for good reasons and slotting it into a conspiracy theory.
    We could all do that, but it wouldn't be reality.

What you seem to be doing is taking stuff that is happening for good reasons and slotting it into a conspiracy theory.
    We have seen this before with all the previous pandemics.

We also brought this up to the lastest group of conspiracy theorists.

We never got any opinions on this from them as the point was just ignored entirely.

Yes, there is lots of information (if you define 'theory' as information) out there about a giant global conspiracy.
    Similarly there are ecosystems of information out there about lots of other things
    (ISIS & their caliphate, lots of religious cults, end of world cults, extreme political philosophies, etc., etc)
    That doesn't mean that any of these webs of information (tons of web sites and youtube channels) are correct, does it?

Are you saying the Chinese social credit system was copied from vaccine certs that have existed for 50 years?
    Can you not see any logic for people who have been vaccinated, and therefore at less risk, being exempted from quarantine, for eg.

Did you see that some of them halved the populations at the time, and 90% of some American Indian populations died.

Very well put

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

What I'm saying is the the vaccine cert system is being transformed into a type of social credit score system they have in China for the rest of the world.

I don't think it's stupid to run drills, it quite good the world does that.

There is a very interesting drill coming up in June/July about a world hack on our financial and energy industries. I guess we find of it this is made into a reality real world event soon after following that drill.

What I am saying is that in the drills that they have run, they present how they use the drills in order to change laws and to suppress freedoms and also detail how they use media propaganda to appease the majority of people. Thats why I think people should read through these drills such as the SPARS document to see the thinking behind the decisions they make during a world pandemic.

Also really what does it come down too is Follow the flow of wealth and money in all this.

Is there anyone or organisation in the world that is profitting hugely by the pandemic and do they have world wide influence over the strategies being taken to combat the pandemic? - The answer is yes there is and why would they want this to stop?

Is there any super power benefitting hugely from this Pandemic? - China appear to be benefitting hugely out of this pandemic. US and west are greatly weakend while there economy and wealth is growing.

So if Europe is pushing a vaccine passport system which is to be administrated through the World health Organisation by China then yes in my view there all conspiring together for their benefit not the worlds or the rest of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement