Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'm not so sure about not having to wear the mask. I think it will be vaccine passport + mask.

Biden has already said no to vaccine passports and many states are already dropping mask wearing (probably a bit soon, but anyway), are you saying these decisions will be reversed? Or does the new order only happen outside a Democrat controlled USA?

astrofool wrote: »
    Biden has already said no to vaccine passports and many states are already dropping mask wearing (probably a bit soon, but anyway), are you saying these decisions will be reversed? Or does the new order only happen outside a Democrat controlled USA?

But not really dropping them. Businesses are still allowed to insist that masks be worn, and mayors of counties in the states that have lifted the mandate seem to be able to keep them in place (the system of government in the US is very complicated and hard to follow, but I do like the system). The only example I can think of where masks were introduced and subsequently got rid of completely (shops, public transport etc) is states in Australia (New South Wales, Western Australia and most recently Queensland). Masks are still required in theatres in NSW, however (I'm not sure when that requirement will be lifted). But there are of course businesses in the states that lifted the mask mandate that don't require masks. So people who don't wish to wear one can give those businesses their custom.

And masks are still required on public transport, in federal buildings, and on planes in the US. It'll be interesting to see whether those mandates are ever lifted. I believe they automatically expire when the state of emergency is declared over. Acts have a habit of staying in place long after the threat has subsided. The Emergency Powers Act of 1939 wasn't repealed until 1959, for example.

But Johnson, Hancock and a few other ministers ruled out vaccine passports for months while the vaccine passport system was in late stage development. What I think will happen in the US is that there will be vaccine passports in some states and not in others.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So now the masks being permanent conspiracy, which we still don't yet know why it would be permanent or how it would benefit some evil overlord for it to be permanent, is not being controlled by certain govements. In some places this conspiracy has skipped the government or state control and it's now theatre owners and other businesses which are in on it?

If it wasn't crazy enough to be suggesting that all world governments had been caught up in this plan to contol the world population by the wearing of masks, its now all small businesses which are in on the plan instead, but governments aren't included in the plan to contol people!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Why are you on it 24/7 if you're questioning whether there's a point to it?
    I'm not on 24/7.

You've again ignored my points and questions.

Why my do you post but then ignore points and questions?

I'm not so sure about not having to wear the mask. I think it will be vaccine passport + mask.
    Weird. When you were asked earlier, you said that masks and social distancing were going to be permanent.
    You made no mention of vaccine passports or the idea of vaccine passports become a social cr sit system.

Are you now changing your beliefs that easily?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

What the world is going through now is almost identical to the pandemic described in Event 201.
    The SARS outbreak could have become a pandemic around 2004.
    There was a flu pandemic in 2009.
    In 2018 there was a bad flu season.
    Why is it strange that the world organised a pandemic exercise?
    Or do you think it's a potential future cyber attack Schwab warned about last year and which will be simulated for in a couple of months time?
    Have you heard about any previous cyber attacks,
    like ones that happened in the past year, and recent number of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Oh dear. Yet more evidence against a conspiracy ...

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0418/1210574-world-coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But but but....it's RTE and you can't trust them, and and and.....erm....something about the Jews.

Lol. I guess Israel isn't part of this conspiracy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

King Mob wrote: »
    Lol. I guess Israel isn't part of this conspiracy either.

Finally a country that escaped the reach of the jooze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

So some stuff opening up again in May, and possibly June for pubs outdoor etc.

I guess Ireland is also not part of the conspiracy and all measures being permanent??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It looks like all the conspiracy theorists have abandoned this thread in search of new deflections on Bitchute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It looks like all the conspiracy theorists have abandoned this thread in search of new deflections on Bitchute.

Last I checked, the new hotness on Bitchute was people fainting after getting the vaccine were apparently actually dying on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Monday is research day. They'll be back tomorrow with more theories.

So the WHO just came out as currently against vaccine passports for the time being, and that's after the US said they wouldn't be required earlier this month (although private companies can go ahead)

Must be part of their dastardly plan to confuse conspiracy theorists

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    So the WHO just came out as currently against vaccine passports for the time being, and that's after the US said they wouldn't be required earlier this month (although private companies can go ahead)

It's reverse psychology!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

"For the time being"

"When necessary"

"Ceterus Paribus"

Any more vagueness you would like to pack in there?

The thing is, DohnJoe, there are laws and there are rules and there are regulations. And that's fine. Don't hurt somebody, don't steal from somebody, don't intentionally cause pain to somebody. Outside of those maxims you should be allowed to be left to your own devices from cradle to grave. That's kind of what is called FREEDOM.

We have things called Habeous Corpus, "Magna Carta", bodily integrity., freedom to travel, freedom to assemble, freedom to speak, freedom to worship.

I'm sure you may agree with these, BUT it's been very easily demonstrated that you will relinquish them if you're conned or lied to enough.

A bunch of religious zealots or political hucksters could come to my door, insisting that my child must be taken because she has blonde hair and writes with her left hand? Their excuse being that I am threatening the wellbeing of everyone? My answer...a shotgun blast in the face..both barrels and then the axe comes out for the rest until I've been torn to pieces.

We all like laws and limits and parameters but most people don't need them.

You, on the contrary, like diktats and you don't like people who question them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

"For the time being"

"When necessary"

"Ceterus Paribus"

The thing is, DohnJoe, there are laws and there are rules and there are regulations. And that's fine. Don't hurt somebody, don't steal from somebody, don't intentionally cause pain to somebody. Outside of those maxims you should be allowed to be left to your own devices from cradle to grave. That's kind of what is called FREEDOM.

We have things called Habeous Corpus, "Magna Carta", bodily integrity., freedom to travel, freedom to assemble, freedom to speak, freedom to worship.

I'm sure you may agree with these, BUT it's been very easily demonstrated that you will relinquish them if you're conned or lied to enough.

A bunch of religious zealots or political hucksters could come to my door, insisting that my child must be taken because she has blonde hair and writes with her left hand? Their excuse being that I am threatening the wellbeing of everyone? My answer...a shotgun blast in the face..both barrels and then the axe comes out for the rest until I've been torn to pieces.

Christ.

Christ.

Another long-lasting measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

Nphet already indicating that the vaccines might not stop the pandemic.

https://gript.ie/nphet-tells-high-court-the-vaccines-might-not-work-you-know/

Did someone predict that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

NaFirinne wrote: »

You don't sound concerned about the reality of the situation!

Do you think it's all made up, and we just have to decide to go back to normal?

"For the time being"

"When necessary"

"Ceterus Paribus"

Waffle.

The WHO and US have rejected vaccine passports. That contradicts a bunch of conspiracy theories here straight off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

PintOfView wrote: »
    You don't sound concerned about the reality of the situation!

Do you think it's all made up, and we just have to decide to go back to normal?

The reality is covid isn't as big of a threat as it's made out to be

Waffle.

The WHO and US have rejected vaccine passports. That contradicts a bunch of conspiracy theories here straight off the bat.

And if they are made mandatory?

What will you do about it?

The reality is covid isn't as big of a threat as it's made out to be

According to you.

According to the facts, it's a global pandemic that has killed around 3 million people, threatened to overwhelm national health services, and disrupted the lives of billions.

Vaccine passports offer the possibility to open up certain industries, e.g. airline travel, tourism - so there is the possibility it will be implemented in certain forms.

Covid-deniers and conspiracy theorists don't operate on any plain of reason or reality and they think vaccine passports are some nefarious "evil" plan by the authorities to "control" people for reasons they can't explain or detail - the usual

Hi. You seem to to have once again missed my last post.

Can I take it that your conceding those points cause you can't address them?

We've asked you guys this question amoung the many you've ignored.

If you really believe all this crap you claim, what are you doing to prepare.

You guys can't seem to answer this.
    I think this is most likely because you aren't actually doing anything to alter or effect your lifestyle. It's all fun and games to claim this stuff online, but you don't buy into it enough to actually do stuff about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Posts deleted. Don't mock other poster.

Don't discuss mod actions on thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yep.

Also. John McGuirk. lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement