Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

robinph wrote: »
    You're now claiming that Skynet has taken over and created the virus?

There was a documentary about this I saw a few years ago hosted by the governer of California, although in that prophetic documentary it was claimed that some robots made of liquid metal would destroy us on behalf of AI systems rather than a virus. Can't get everything right I guess.

No I never thought of that one. Algos are listening regardless of what you believe. Have a conversation about Man Utd and watch the adds pop up on your phone the following day of jerseys, sky etc etc. No conspiracy there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

eddie73 wrote: »
    I am just putting as many angles on the table to discuss.

You haven't given one single reason for why this is happening or who might want it to be happening... Other than "bad people" who you can't identify for "bad reasons" you can't identify.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    We do know. They are to reduce the virus.

Can you detail another reason?

You are suggesting conspiracies whilst be deliberately careful not to actually detail them. When someone does that they know very well what they are doing.

Disagree. This is debate. If I believed that covid was a conspiracy I would say it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Disagree. This is debate. If I believed that covid was a conspiracy I would say it.

So covid isn't a conspiracy, but masks are?

Are vaccines a conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Maybe the masks are benign. Maybe they are serving a purpose. Maybe it's just theatre.
    Or maybe masks are a display of compliance. Psychological, if you like. Who knows?
    But we know it can't be that they have an ulterior motive as you and conspiracy theorists aren't able to point to an ulterior motive.

Why would "a display of compliance" benefit them?
    What do you actually mean by "a display of compliance"?

Again, you're just throwing out vague and meaningless scenarios with no substance.
    You'd swear I was peddling the conspiracy theory by the way you are ratcheting up the replies. I am just putting as many angles on the table to discuss.
    So why then do you discount the possibilities that it's actually in fact a global communist-nazi-satanist plot?

Your idea that social distancing is just a ploy to force people to meet online is equally as silly and just as supported.
    So why do you entertain that fantasy as a possiblity, but not other silly notions?
    Why "put angles on the table" at all?
    Why not just look at reality rather than engage in creative writing?

• Advertisement

So covid isn't a conspiracy, but masks are?

Are vaccines a conspiracy?

Definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Great, according to you there's no conspiracy. So why all this innuendo that the government has some ulterior motive? that there might be another reason for masks?

If you have something, spit it out, if not, then there's really nothing to discuss.

King Mob wrote: »
    But we know it can't be that they have an ulterior motive as you and conspiracy theorists aren't able to point to an ulterior motive.

Why would "a display of compliance" benefit them?
    What do you actually mean by "a display of compliance"?

Again, you're just throwing out vague and meaningless scenarios with no substance.

So why then do you discount the possibilities that it's actually in fact a global communist-nazi-satanist plot?

Your idea that social distancing is just a ploy to force people to meet online is equally as silly and just as supported.
    So why do you entertain that fantasy as a possiblity, but not other silly notions?
    Why "put angles on the table" at all?
    Why not just look at reality rather than engage in creative writing?

I would discount those guys because it would take many western countries to be compliant in it were it true. ps, its impossible to be a communist nazi as far as I am aware. Communist satanist possibly. Communist nazi, possibly.

I didn't say social distancing was a ploy. Its something we should be aware of in the future after this is over ie there shouldn't be any. I think that is reasonable.

I didn't say social distancing was a ploy. Its something we should be aware of in the future after this is over ie there shouldn't be any. I think that is reasonable.

This doesn't make any sense. When has the Irish government ever asked people to socially distance when there wasn't a reason to, like this pandemic, literally when has that ever happened? and why would it happen?

Sorry but there's nothing remotely reasonable about such a suggestion, it's right into the realms of irrational thinking.

I would discount those guys because it would take many western countries to be compliant in it were it true.
    But it would take many western countries to get on board with the notion of using social distancing as an excuse to trick people into meeting online and monitoring their conversations.
    ps, its impossible to be a communist nazi as far as I am aware. Communist satanist possibly. Communist nazi, possibly.
    Yes. But it hasn't stopped conspiracy theorists from claiming otherwise.
    Its something we should be aware of in the future after this is over ie there shouldn't be any. I think that is reasonable.
    But it's not reasonable. What you're suggesting is ridiculous.
    It's ridiculous in the same way as the other conspiracy theories being suggested.
    You've failed to explain why it's different.

You've also started to avoid some questions.
    You claimed masks could be "a show of compliance". I asked what you meant by and for you to explain how this benefits the conspiracy.
    I also asked if you any any evidence for your idea that there's a plan to monitor all the meetings that will be online.

If you're going to ignore these points, could you at least explain why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Most likely algorhytms. To what end is anyone's guess.
    I think it is better for people to be aware of these potential scenarios as opposed to not thinking about them at all.

You could walk out the house and get hit by a bus, best stay at home where its safe because "I think it is better for people to be aware of these potential scenarios as opposed to not thinking about them at all"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Maybe the masks are benign. Maybe they are serving a purpose. Maybe it's just theatre.
    Or maybe masks are a display of compliance. Psychological, if you like. Who knows?

You'd swear I was peddling the conspiracy theory by the way you are ratcheting up the replies. I am just putting as many angles on the table to discuss.

Do you ever cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze?
    Do you do it for theatre or psychological reasons?

Six hospitals in Delhi have run out of oxygen, people are actually dying waiting for oxygen, and 99% of intensive care beds are full.

"It's just the flu" according to the Covid deniers and theorists

Sorry guys, I am going to have to leave this thread for others to continue.
    "All covid measures are permanent" are its terms. You dont have to be a covid denier to believe that it could be the case. Also, there is no room for someone like myself who believes in covid but also is alarmed at the potential of continued restrictions regardless. Unfortunately, evidence of how to prove this may be the case in the future is impossible so I am going to admit defeat here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Sorry guys, I am going to have to leave this thread for others to continue.
    "All covid measures are permanent" are its terms. You dont have to be a covid denier to believe that it could be the case. Also, there is no room for someone like myself who believes in covid but also is alarmed at the potential of continued restrictions regardless. Unfortunately, evidence of how to prove this may be the case in the future is impossible so I am going to admit defeat here.

Fair enough. Sure check back in 18 months and see how things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Six hospitals in Delhi have run out of oxygen, people are actually dying waiting for oxygen, and 99% of intensive care beds are full.

"It's just the flu" according to the Covid deniers and theorists

In Ireland we had hospital beds run out several years ago and people were treated on trolleys. It is standard hospital policy in most of the developed world that hospitals run at 90-100% capacity. Otherwise it is waste. The flu season of 2017 resulted in hundreds of people on trolleys but that was attributed as a problem of the system. We dont hear about trolleys anymore. Why not?

snowcat wrote: »
    In Ireland we had hospital beds run out several years ago and people were treated on trolleys. It is standard hospital policy in most of the developed world that hospitals run at 90-100% capacity. Otherwise it is waste. The flu season of 2017 resulted in hundreds of people on trolleys but that was attributed as a problem of the system. We dont hear about trolleys anymore. Why not?

It's not a trolleys issue, there can be empty beds in hospitals, but the ICUs can be full and people are dying. Likewise hospitals could have plenty of blood stocks, but can be critically low on oxygen. It's not normal circumstances, it's a global pandemic, with a disease that is putting pressure on specific aspects of the hospital services (ventilators, specially trained staff, ICU's, oxygen supplies, etc)

Once they max out, then we have a far more serious issue.

Someone lying on a trolley because of a bed shortage is totally different to a hospital running out.of oxygen ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

Here is a link to a reseach article on Covid-19 RNA based Vaccines and the RISK of Prion Disease.

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

Looks like their might be some nasty long term effects as predicted by many on these forums.

Possibly because all/most elective surgeries are being put on hold - only really sick folk allowed in.. I reckon there is, or was (at the 'height' :rolleyes: of the 'pandemic') very few people in hospitals for covid; despite what they (the Govt/nphet etc) would like us to believe...

Not many people were alllowed into hospitals either afaik, but what do I know?

All very secretive and underhanded... They don't want to mention/draw too much attention to 'people on trolleys' in hospitals, so as to avoid that topic being discussed imo..

• Advertisement

NaFirinne wrote: »
    Here is a link to a reseach article on Covid-19 RNA based Vaccines and the RISK of Prion Disease.

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

Looks like their might be some nasty long term effects as predicted by many on these forums.

Anti vaccine propagandist who has claimed that previous vaccines cause diabetes writes a paper claiming that a new vaccine causes diabetes shocker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Bart_Classen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Anti vaccine propagandist who has claimed that previous vaccines cause diabetes writes a paper claiming that a new vaccine causes diabetes shocker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Bart_Classen

Just to humour him for a second. Imagine it wasn’t BS. Diabetes or much higher chance of death death (with all caveats), which would a sane person choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,395 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Six lines on the method used to conduct his analysis and unsurprisingly didn't manage to explain his method beyond saying he analysed them. Lol

Just to humour him for a second. Imagine it wasn’t BS. Diabetes or much higher chance of death death (with all caveats), which would a sane person choose?

Having already got one of those conditions, clue is that I'm not dead yet, it makes the choice a bit easier. :)

There is some signs that covid has caused an increase in diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in children over the last year, but they are still looking at that. Also it would still not be clear if covid would have actually caused diabetes, or if it merely triggered something that was alway going to happen. What I am certain of though is that if there were anything in the theories about random vaccines being behind diabetes then the diabetics out there would be all over it. Plenty of diabetics working in medical technology, their lives depend on it, and they wouldn't all be hiding something like that.

Much like all civil servants world wide wouldn't be in on the conspiracy to control the world's population by use of a fake virus and wearing of masks.

But even if we assume this paper isn't written by an anti vaccine crank and was actually accurate, what conspiracy theorist predicted this side effect?
    This is the first mention of prion disease.

When you guys claimed there was side effects you made false claims like it would cause death, infertility or fainting. You guys claimed it would alter people's DNA.
    And when you were giving false specific side effects you kept the claims vague. And when you were asked to be more specific, you ignored and ran away as per usual.

So in what way were you right?

You've again also ignored my previous post and conceded those points.
    When you do so again with this post, I will assume that you concede these points also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

It's not a trolleys issue, there can be empty beds in hospitals, but the ICUs can be full and people are dying. Likewise hospitals could have plenty of blood stocks, but can be critically low on oxygen. It's not normal circumstances, it's a global pandemic, with a disease that is putting pressure on specific aspects of the hospital services (ventilators, specially trained staff, ICU's, oxygen supplies, etc)

Once they max out, then we have a far more serious issue.

What are your thoughts on social distancing?

The reason I ask is because I saw two girls today in the Sarphatipark. in Amsterdam.

They were drinking a bottle of wine and listenening to music....basically enjoying the sun.

The two cops approached them and said they weren't allowed to do what they were doing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

The reason I ask is because I saw two girls today in the Sarphatipark. in Amsterdam.

They were drinking a bottle of wine and listenening to music....basically enjoying the sun.

The two cops approached them and said they weren't allowed to do what they were doing..

I hope the Katsu was open or Stones next to the girls :D Absolutely love De Pijp..hope to be there soon

We've been waiting nearly 300 pages for you guys to explain why social distancing will be permanent.
    You've failed repeatedly to do this. In fact, you guys are so afraid of the question, you've spent those nearly 300 pages refusing to even acknowledge it.
    You are literally pretending not to see the question.

Why?

Was the music loud?

Are you allowed drink in public?

Did you observe this from a distance or did you approach and stand there listening to their conversation?

Did any of this actually happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Was the music loud?

Are you allowed drink in public?

Did you observe this from a distance or did you approach and stans there listening to their conversation?

Did any of this actually happen?

Plus: How did ShatterAlan get to Amsterdam? Are they living there? If so, why are they commenting on an Irish lockdown and an Irish vaccination process? If they are not living there, why are they visiting Amsterdam? Is it necessary travel? Are they getting breast implants? So many questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement