Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Gortanna wrote: »
    Covid marshals are to be recruited in the UK to work until 2022, with a possible extension until 2023: https://www.itv.com/news/london/2021-04-28/councils-recruiting-covid-marshals-until-2022-despite-plans-to-end-restrictions

Masks and social distancing likely to remain beyond the 21st of June: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/dominic-raab-foreign-secretary-sophy-ridge-b932854.html

But as we've seen for this entire thread, you've been utterly incapable of explaining what the ulterior motive for this is. Therefore, there's no conspiracy.
    You know this. You realise that it doesn't make sense, that's why you keep ignoring and running away.

Why do you still promote your silly conspiracy theory when you've admitted that it doesn't make sense?
    Why do you come back to this thread and pretend as if you haven't been ignoring pretty much all of it?

It's only a short summer break. A treat for the sheep to provide incentive for vaccine uptake.
    Lol. "Sheep"

So why do you believe the government are trying to trick people into taking the vaccine?

Since you aren't a sheep, please explain in your own words the original research you have done yourself.

Linking to a conspiracy website with crap, untrue claims would be very hypocritical of you given that you're accusing people of blindly following things...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

It's only a short summer break. A treat for the sheep to provide incentive for vaccine uptake.

Curfews are coming in September , it was leaked on Newstalk about 3 or 4 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

johnmck wrote: »
    Curfews are coming in September , it was leaked on Newstalk about 3 or 4 weeks ago

When are the aliens landing?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jeebus is coming in November, the ghost of John Lennon told me 2 weeks ago.

Meanwhile five thousand people attended a mini festival in Liverpool yesterday, no masks and no social distancing required.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lep.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/these-were-the-scenes-as-5000-revellers-packed-sefton-park-to-party-at-pilot-music-festival-3222406?amp

• Advertisement

And what happens if this doesn't come to pass?

According to some conspiracy theorists, we were supposed to have microchips in us by now.

Those guys have made themselves scarce when their predictions failed.

Will you do the same?

King Mob wrote: »
    And what happens if this doesn't come to pass?

According to some conspiracy theorists, we were supposed to have microchips in us by now.

Those guys have made themselves scarce when their predictions failed.

Will you do the same?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a skeptic. Skeptical of the intentions of certain people and organisations. When Ciara Kelly asked whoever she was interviewing from NPHET a couple of weeks ago suddenly out of the blue about September curfews, without context, I found it bizarre.
    I'll be happy to be proven wrong, I hope there are no curfews and that I'm being paranoid

PintOfView wrote: »
    When are the aliens landing?

They're already here

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's alright, we all forget to take it off from time to time

Nah I do it intensionally to virtue signal

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a skeptic. Skeptical of the intentions of certain people and organisations. When Ciara Kelly asked whoever she was interviewing from NPHET a couple of weeks ago suddenly out of the blue about September curfews, without context, I found it bizarre.
    I'll be happy to be proven wrong, I hope there are no curfews and that I'm being paranoid
    Uh huh. You believe there's a big global conspiracy that is using lockdowns and covid measures for some ulterior motives you can't explain.

That's a conspiracy theory.

You might not like the term, but it's accurate.

And like many other conspiracy theorists, you've not actually answered the direct question put to you.
    What happens when your prediction doesn't come true?

Will you accept and admit that you were wrong and paranoid and that maybe you shouldn't jump to such conclusions in future?
    Will you move the goalposts to avoid having to admit this?
    Will you just vanish and pretend you didn't make the prediction?

• Advertisement

Uh huh. You believe there's a big global conspiracy that is using lockdowns and covid measures for some ulterior motives you can't explain.

That's a conspiracy theory.

You might not like the term, but it's accurate.

And like many other conspiracy theorists, you've not actually answered the direct question put to you.
    What happens when your prediction doesn't come true?

Will you accept and admit that you were wrong and paranoid and that maybe you shouldn't jump to such conclusions in future?
    Will you move the goalposts to avoid having to admit this?
    Will you just vanish and pretend you didn't make the prediction?

Call me a skeptical theorist, a conspiracy would mean a secret plan, not much of a secret if it's already being discussed by a radio presenter and a government advisor!

If my theory is wrong I'll admit I'm wrong, if that will make you feel better.
    I can jump onto whatever trail to thought I want, you can't dictate how I think, speak or act. Or maybe that's the kind of utopian society you yearn for , where everybody thinks the same as you. Is it? That everyone has the same thought that process as you so that you are never wrong.
    What are these imaginary goalposts you speak of? Define them for us please.
    Vanish, no I haven't learned that trick yet. Maybe I should go to magic school to learn that one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Covid marshals are to be recruited in the UK to work until 2022, with a possible extension until 2023: https://www.itv.com/news/london/2021-04-28/councils-recruiting-covid-marshals-until-2022-despite-plans-to-end-restrictions

Masks and social distancing likely to remain beyond the 21st of June: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/dominic-raab-foreign-secretary-sophy-ridge-b932854.html

They’re not permanent then. Thanks for confirming it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If my theory is wrong I'll admit I'm wrong,

Sure you will. Just like all the others in the thread that say something is happening in a few weeks/ months etc. By the time that comes theres a new thing thats going to happen a bit further down the road.

You need to realise your thing is nothing new.

So you have a source to back up someone’s opinion. Excellent. Post the newstalk link for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

September you say? got it

According to another posters the big Covid "scam" is going to finally be revealed this summer

Any other last ditch predictions?

Call me a skeptical theorist, a conspiracy would mean a secret plan, not much of a secret if it's already being discussed by a radio presenter and a government advisor!
    Yes, many other conspiracy theorists claim this exact thing too.

It's weird though that you claim this, yet can't actually answer the question that been asked on this thread for the last 200 odd pages.

If my theory is wrong I'll admit I'm wrong, if that will make you feel better.
    Ok. And will that change your mind about the paranoid conspiracy thinking that lead you to your wrong prediction?

I also predict that you will not do this.
    I can jump onto whatever trail to thought I want, you can't dictate how I think, speak or act. Or maybe that's the kind of utopian society you yearn for , where everybody thinks the same as you. Is it? That everyone has the same thought that process as you so that you are never wrong.
    What a bizarre rant...

Who said that you're not allowed to think how you like?
    Am I not allowed to point out why I believe your thinking is wrong?:confused:
    What are these imaginary goalposts you speak of? Define them for us please.
    It's a very common term for a very common tactic often used by conspiracy theorists.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

In this case, the goalposts are the prediction you've made that there will be a curfew in September.
    However, if you follow the tactics of other conspiracy theorists, you might then change your claim in September to be for example some other restriction rather than your original claim.

Internet searches using two different search engines return nothing about a curfew in September.

I suspect there is more context to your Ciara Kelly quote than we see here!!

Either way, do you take as gospel everything you hear on the radio, or tv, or on youtube, etc?
    I see contradictions in the media every day, where people give opinions that disagree completely with opinions of others.
    Do you not see the same?

I'm still not sure if you're being serious, or on a wind up.
    If you are serious, isn't it a bit of a leap to think the we're in for curfews in Sept?
    What would be the logic of that?

PintOfView wrote: »
    I suspect there is more context to your Ciara Kelly quote than we see here!!

Either way, do you take as gospel everything you hear on the radio, or tv, or on youtube, etc?
    I see contradictions in the media every day, where people give opinions that disagree completely with opinions of others.
    Do you not see the same?

I'm still not sure if you're being serious, or on a wind up.
    If you are serious, isn't it a bit of a leap to think the we're in for curfews in Sept?
    What would be the logic of that?

I need to go find a link to that radio interview. Yes there are contradictions every day , I agree with you.
    However at this stage, from what Newstalk "leak" most of it , if not all of it comes to pass. They seem to be one of the good governments primary leaking stations.
    "Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun." -
    Alan Watts

I need to go find a link to that radio interview. Yes there are contradictions every day , I agree with you.
    However at this stage, from what Newstalk "leak" most of it , if not all of it comes to pass. They seem to be one of the good governments primary leaking stations.
    Alan Watts

Apply some basic critical thinking here. Why would there be "plans" for a curfew in September?

That doesn't make any sense. Governments have been making short-term plans because they have been reacting to levels of the virus. Now that we have vaccinations, and they are taking effect, we can make more solid plans to lift more restrictions.

By September, most people will be vaccinated, so why would there be "plans" for a curfew..

100% you misheard it or missed the context.

• Advertisement

Nah I do it intensionally to virtue signal

Nah nobody does. People leave their masks on in cars because they've forgotten to take them off, I've done it numerous times. For some reason it seems to really irk anti-maskers, as it's been bought up several times in these threads.

Alan Watts

Calling whatever was said on Newstalk a 'leak' is basically assuming that there
    is already a plan in place for September curfews, but the news 'leaked' out!!
    This is a bit of a conspirational line of thinking, don't you think?

A link to what the NPHET person said to Ciara Kelly would be interesting,
    because curfews in September make zero sense, and instead, with vaccination,
    by September we should be in a much better place than we are now!

Alan Watts

Maybe it’s a case that it’s a talk station and they have a lot of people on it talking with loads of counter points, therefore they appear to hit the nail on t he head because they splatter every topic with opinions.

Alan Watts
    This makes no sense.

You claimed a few posts ago that they were doing this in the open.
    If that's the case, why would it be a leak?
    Why leak it? Why not just announce it?

Why reveal it in such a peculiar way that you and you alone were smart enough to figure out?

I suspect you will ignore these questions like you did with my previous post.
    This is because you can't answer them.

Jeebus is coming in November, the ghost of John Lennon told me 2 weeks ago.

Meanwhile five thousand people attended a mini festival in Liverpool yesterday, no masks and no social distancing required.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lep.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/these-were-the-scenes-as-5000-revellers-packed-sefton-park-to-party-at-pilot-music-festival-3222406%3famp

But invasive tests required before and after.

Dr Naomi Wolf's thoughts on such testing: https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1388958570524430352

What's the criteria you're using to decide which posts and points to reply to?

Why do you keep ignoring some?

How does link dumping to some rando's twitter help further the debate when you've left so many points unaddressed?
    Why do you do this?

So what point are you making now?

Are these new tests part of the vast global communist conspiracy you're so worried about?

Also, surprise surprise, your twitter link is to a known conspiracy crank.

Also, she's not a medical doctor. Did you think she was just cause she's got the doctor title?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Dr Naomi Wolf's thoughts on such testing: https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1388958570524430352

Have you ever had a covid test? What's so "invasive" about it? FFS it's a swab in your throat and nose not a fist up your arse :rolleyes:

Invasive? Why are you exaggerating so much? Please explain how they are invasive? How come nobody I know who had a test thought it was invasive. My then 2 year old didn’t even bat an eye when he had it done it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dr Naomi Wolf's thoughts on such testing:

A doctor of philosophy should be listened to on medical matters exactly the same as I (a plumber) should be.

• Advertisement

But as we've seen for this entire thread, you've been utterly incapable of explaining what the ulterior motive for this is. Therefore, there's no conspiracy.
    You know this. You realise that it doesn't make sense, that's why you keep ignoring and running away.

Why do you still promote your silly conspiracy theory when you've admitted that it doesn't make sense?
    Why do you come back to this thread and pretend as if you haven't been ignoring pretty much all of it?

It's in the first post of the thread: control

Why are covid marshals being recruited to work until potentially 2023 when the UK is no longer in a pandemic and cases and deaths are on the floor? The claim is that it's planning, but planning would be to arrange to recruit them if necessary, not give them contracts and put them to work until 2022. The Coronavirus Act was extended until October. That suggests a winter lockdown is on the cards.

And Covid 21 appears in an image of a vaccine passport in an article in a German newspaper: https://twitter.com/original_Mirko/status/1388807053146300418 (and before you say Twitter nonsense, the tweet links to an article with the image)

Covid 21 is mentioned in that leaked email from Canada: https://usercontent.one/wp/www.moet-wakker.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Is-this-leaked-info-really-Trudeaus-crazy-COVID-plan-for-2021-You-decide-...-The-CANADIAN-REPORT.pdf

It was dismissed as a conspiracy theory by the factcheckers, but it's in that image in that article. It's also mentioned in the WEF technocratic game plan.

I think this comment on an article I just read provides food for thought:

"... the Western economies are so racked with debt it can never be paid back, no one would agree to the destruction of their hard earned wealth thanks to the carelessness of self serving politicians, so it's a controlled demolition across all countries, to be replaced with a new "greener, more socially just" system where you are reliant on the state, and since all countries do it all at once, it isn't like Germany suffering alone in 1922, or the US in the great depression, or Zimbabwe, it's all of us resetting all at once levelling everything to unity. Except us, we will get less than unity, we will literally have nothing but the very basics to survive, and maybe not even that."

I've read similar comments on other articles. It would explain why there appears to be hardly any concern about the economy in countries around the world, or about huge levels of debt, job losses, business closures etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement